Who next? | Page 83 | Vital Football

Who next?

Was expensive, was there when the Falklands war was going on. Don't remember much after a few nights on that stuff with a bunch of Vikings. :grinning:

In case you missed it - we won and Maggie Thatcher used it as the springboard for a further 13 years of Conservative rule. Oh and the 20 pence piece was introduced. Other than that the beer was probably more significant.

I believe Denmark is still notoriously expensive for alcohol, not that I have ever been there.

I was in Denmark the other week and pints were around the £6/£7mark. In Netto though, you could buy 330ml bottles of Danish lager for 2 kroner each, which equates to about 20p. They had crates of the stuff. It was pretty good too.

Trying to think what sort of salary MA would be on. On one hand I’m thinking he’s just an U23 manager, but the other says WBA were in the Prem 1 & a bit seasons ago and there seems all sorts of people are earning silly money even at ‘smaller clubs’ . I have a random feeling we’ll be needing to pay him more than DC ( maybe not them combined tho)

Trying to think what sort of salary MA would be on. On one hand I’m thinking he’s just an U23 manager, but the other says WBA were in the Prem 1 & a bit seasons ago and there seems all sorts of people are earning silly money even at ‘smaller clubs’ . I have a random feeling we’ll be needing to pay him more than DC ( maybe not them combined tho)

But we’ll probably end up paying his assistant less than Nicky so never mind, give and take.

Whilst he doesn't sparkle with his delivery in interviews, in stark contrast to Danny or Nicky, I like what Jamie McCombe is saying and get the impression that the Cowley method and routines are continuing to run in the background. I don't get the impression that the wheels have fallen off but that all the analysis work and preparation methods are continuing, as far as possible, as before.

I would be more than happy with Michael Appleton as manager and Jamie as his assistant and very much hope that the Cowleys have indeed left a legacy, as they intended, which can continue to play a big part in the future of the club. Maybe the fusion of Appleton and Cowley ideas and methods can move us on to the next level, i.e. tier 2 football, that most of us on this forum have never seen at Sincil Bank.

As a physical presence on the touchline, an Appleton / McCombe combination would be very daunting for a 4th Official. This is a new chapter in the history of the club, and I for one am looking forward to this one.