Match Thread: Lincoln City v Everton | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Everton

we did give them a good game. amazing to go 1-0 up after 22 seconds. But also to get the equalizer 2-2. I thought we were heading for penalties there. Class of Everton in the end with their final 2 goals.
Hope the proceeds from the game are going to provide Danny with enough money to bring in a couple more players.:clap:

Proud to be an Imp. Amazing game. You could see the difference in class, occasionally, but boy did we give them a game. Two brilliant goals, especially by Andrade, beating the England GK all ends up both times. Hope we can get a signing/loan or two over the line as we did look tired towards the end and I'm sure DC didn't really play his 'strongest' side as he needed to protect a few players before Saturday. Great night - well done Imps.

Way Everton players celebrated afterwards says it all, weve given them a real test in a match they were clearly very up for.

Club, players and supporters can take huge credit from tonight, came over really well in tv must have been an incredible night being there despite the result.

Proud to be Imps!!

Great game. Fantastic display from us, very proud and all can keep their heads held high.

Said it earlier but Aaron Lewis is class, unfortunately he has some great competition in Eardley, but Eards looked great in DM as well.

Loads to take from that game. Brilliant.

So we have you in Turkey, USA Imp in Mexico and myself in Dominican. Then of course Perth Imp and Jordan in jail (Australia), Imposter in Denmark (don't fancy his bar bill)... Where else?

Imprest 1 in the windy City (Chicago)..

Next

Bought three bottles of Harboe Pilsner at 2 kroner each which works out at around 80p in total. Not everything is expensive here. Thought I was going to drink to a win too. Great effort City.

Overall reaction:
- Fantastic effort. They'll get easier league matches than that this season but in the end they were the better team and deserved their win.
- Andrade is a fantastic player who relished his chance against the big team. Let's get him back on song for the league.
- Bolger and Bostwick need to be our CB pairing. Shackell seems a bit out of it at the moment.
- Lewis has the raw attributes but needs game time, not quite Eardley level though.
- How far could O'Connor have gone if he didn't have so many injuries? He looked quality although their CM's were average.
- They were arrogant until Bruno put that away. Then they knuckled down and showed their true class as a team. Showed that in the handbags and crowding the ref and the difference in attitude after Andrade's goal. Especially the England internationals, not expecting big things next summer.
- Akinde did his argument to start no harm at all. But I bet some are still complaining.
- Payne really could have been given a chance at Huddersfield when they were prem.

Obviously 2 leagues difference between the teams, but plenty of our qualities they could do with and plenty we'll learn off them.