Charlton game thread | Page 20 | Vital Football

Charlton game thread

That shit Birmingham side we beat comprehensively, have only lost once haven't they? They also got a result against Bristol City.

I know why they're down on brum, because Hodgey said they were shit, and they believe everything said on the radio whilst sat indulging in a bit of Fray.

Can’t argue with any of that ?
except some of you still missing the point that our own manager clearly said we have been lucky and we have been poor overall. So you dont agree with us and dont agree with SL either.
Most pundits, fans or not pretty much say at least we are hard to beat, but even that isnt really true as we shoud have been a hatful down in at least 2 of those games. (sure, they miss cos they are only Championship sides too after all, but still looked better teams than us at this stage)
Doesnt mean we will stay in poor form or we wont improve but its still in hope rather than expectation surely?

That shit Birmingham side we beat comprehensively, have only lost once haven't they? They also got a result against Bristol City.

I know why they're down on brum, because Hodgey said they were shit, and they believe everything said on the radio whilst sat indulging in a bit of Fray.

so dont believe Hodgy who was watching the game but disagree with everything said by Hodgy on the radio whilst sat indulging in a bit of Fray?

Hodgy said they were relegation fodder didn't he? I don't need to ask actually, I know he did. Of course football is subjective and what Hodgy did say, I know the moaners like to glean bits and bobs, was that the forward line was awful and that getting it forward through the middle was good. For our fans, who didn't watch the games but instead chose the comfort of their sofas with the wireless, we were not terrible against WBA. The keeper was and we sat a little too deep, but we wasn't "shit". Leeds first half we were completely swarmed and attack wise we was "shit" but defensively we looked great. Second half we were good. Charlton a very similar story and Brum we were excellent to a man.

Defensively, this season we look superb. Lets not give Lamouchi any credit for that though.

except some of you still missing the point that our own manager clearly said we have been lucky and we have been poor overall. So you dont agree with us and dont agree with SL either.
Most pundits, fans or not pretty much say at least we are hard to beat, but even that isnt really true as we shoud have been a hatful down in at least 2 of those games. (sure, they miss cos they are only Championship sides too after all, but still looked better teams than us at this stage)
Doesnt mean we will stay in poor form or we wont improve but its still in hope rather than expectation surely?
I’ve not heard him say we’ve been lucky but if he has his definition could be completely different to yours.
You say we should have been a hatful down but on what basis?
Keepers are there to make saves and defenders are there to make last ditch tackles.

We can only deal in facts and the facts are neither Leeds or Charlton who are the form teams right now could beat us absolutely nothing to do with anything other than reality.

Muric will improve and you'll all come to me at the end of the season and go, Oh, Taylor you were right all along, Muric was the right man for the job, he's the best man for this job.

Hodgy said they were relegation fodder didn't he? I don't need to ask actually, I know he did. Of course football is subjective and what Hodgy did say, I know the moaners like to glean bits and bobs, was that the forward line was awful and that getting it forward through the middle was good. For our fans, who didn't watch the games but instead chose the comfort of their sofas with the wireless, we were not terrible against WBA. The keeper was and we sat a little too deep, but we wasn't "shit". Leeds first half we were completely swarmed and attack wise we was "shit" but defensively we looked great. Second half we were good. Charlton a very similar story and Brum we were excellent to a man.

Defensively, this season we look superb. Lets not give Lamouchi any credit for that though.

Hey, I've seen every game, and been at all the home ones. I'm not generally a moaner and am usually bang behind the manager. But the start of this season has been awful.
We were terrible against WB, bar the first ten mins. After that we didnt have a shot.
Leeds was even worse, one scrambled shot on target, apart from that we barely got out our half. We were comprehensively outplayed. Fleetwood was quite even, but they are a lower league team!
First half against Brum was ok, second was excellent.
Charlton first half was as bad as I've seen us, outplayed by a league 1 team who lost most of their best players and had to bring in 14 new ones. Second half improved, but not by much
You say what do we expect, with a new time etc, but you could say that every bloody season, whose fault but ours is it? Plus, over half the other teams are in the same boat anyway. Charlton even worse, but started far better.
Weve hired a cut price manager, and done our usual scatter gun recruitment. The difference being this year, weve gone bargain basement with a lot of those as well.

Hardy's right generally we have been poor but with the right team selection it definitely could improve. The defence has done ok, muric will continue to improve, but Watson can't start anything above plodding and he can't keep up, he should be limited to the last 20 mins if we need to lock down a game and the pace has slowed.similarly semedo for me should be an impact sub at the moment. Start with sow, bostock and Silva or carvs when fit.

Not sure I can remember a season when we weren't poor in the first 6 games or so.

Even under Pearce when we won most of them, we were unconvincing. A couple of decent away wins under Warburton with a couple of players doing really well, and lots of goals under Montanier but shocking defence...

We are usually pretty average at this point

I am trying to remain positive and if we can replicate the performance levels we showed against Birmingham and the resolute determination shown in the second halves against Leeds and Charlton then we will do very well.
But the first half against Charlton was the worst I have seen us play for some considerable time. Luck, dogged defending and great saves kept us in it.
Hey, we are unbeaten away as well!!!! Stranger things have happened, but Fulham may come a cropper tomorrow as Forest do normally play well against better opposition.
COYR!!

Hey, I've seen every game, and been at all the home ones. I'm not generally a moaner and am usually bang behind the manager. But the start of this season has been awful.
We were terrible against WB, bar the first ten mins. After that we didnt have a shot.
Leeds was even worse, one scrambled shot on target, apart from that we barely got out our half. We were comprehensively outplayed. Fleetwood was quite even, but they are a lower league team!
First half against Brum was ok, second was excellent.
Charlton first half was as bad as I've seen us, outplayed by a league 1 team who lost most of their best players and had to bring in 14 new ones. Second half improved, but not by much
You say what do we expect, with a new time etc, but you could say that every bloody season, whose fault but ours is it? Plus, over half the other teams are in the same boat anyway. Charlton even worse, but started far better.
Weve hired a cut price manager, and done our usual scatter gun recruitment. The difference being this year, weve gone bargain basement with a lot of those as well.

Charlton who haven't lost in the league yet and beat and outplayed "championship" Blackburn and Stoke?

Yeah, and we haven't been promoted in how many years?
Maybe getting off to a good start, performance wise, could be a good idea?

Imo could be an expectation thing. After decades of going nowhere there was the huge hope and then let down from the arab whatshisname (already forgot his name if not his antics). Then we got another unknown in maranakis. Wisely, everyone waited to see. Recruitment aside (jury still out for me) club is running more professionally, new facilities and stand in the pipeline.

Get the feeling after three seasons and a hundred new players perhaps our expectations have crept up again?

Yeah, and we haven't been promoted in how many years?
Maybe getting off to a good start, performance wise, could be a good idea?
I'm not saying a good start isn't desirable.

It is clear to everyone (surely) that we aren't likely to be promoted this year, and probably not even fighting for it.

I'm just saying that the start we have had, and particularly the performances are entirely in keeping with what is typical for forest in any season, whether it's one where we do well or not.

Last time we were promoted we won none of the first four.

Lets look at our "XI" and see who is shit

Muric
Jenkinson/Cash
Worrall
Dawson
Semedo
Watson
Sow/Silva
Lolley
Ameobi/Adomah
Grabben/Mir

How many are "shit"

We have a decent but unspectacular squad that is solid at the back but light up front.

So far we don’t appear to have much in the way of pace or creativity going forward and our only real striker needs a level of service that he is rarely getting.

We aren’t shit but similarly we aren’t great either. If we get top ten I will be seriously surprised and hail SL as an absolute genius.