Charlton game thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

Charlton game thread

You really need to check your facts when you repeat garbage like "a team gutted of their best players".

They disposed of 17 players in the close season, 7 of whom had not played a single game for the first team.

Of those 17 players, 13 were released upon the end of their contracts, 2 went on free transfers and 2 sold for money - one for 2m and one for 180k.

Hardly gutting the first team, is it?

The incoming players cost next to nothing, but that is hardly surprising as Duchatelet has refused to invest any of his own money into the Club; they were, however, a distinct upgrade on the players they let go.

Any need to personalise it by using the word garbage Mau? Just because I dont agree with you. You also seem to have missed out the words "a lot of " from your quote. Again, makes a bit of a difference to what I said. I didnt say they were gutted or lost all of thier players.
The point was, as I'm sure you know, that they were in a similar position to us , in that it was a new team having to gel. Which was what the conversation was about. The excuse for us not performing well, is no different for them, yet they aren't doing too badly.

Any need to personalise it by using the word garbage Mau? Just because I dont agree with you. You also seem to have missed out the words "a lot of " from your quote. Again, makes a bit of a difference to what I said. I didnt say they were gutted or lost all of thier players.
The point was, as I'm sure you know, that they were in a similar position to us , in that it was a new team having to gel. Which was what the conversation was about. The excuse for us not performing well, is no different for them, yet they aren't doing too badly.
Neither are Forest. Charlton clicked in the first half then faded and couldn't sustain it. Very much like Forest in the second half against Birmingham.
You also have to admit that Forest have had a distinctly tougher set of opponents going into the new season than Charlton. Barnsley Stoke and Blackburn compared to West Brom Leeds and Birmingham. Comparing Charlton's points on the board to Forest's is a waste of time so early into the season.

I think possibly you're just a bit pissed off about managerial and recruitment decisions over the last umpteen years and you're allowing it to cloud your perspective a touch. Not that you don't make valid points but I think you'd decided your pint was half empty before the season even started.

Just as it could be argued that I'm biased again fascist, terrorist, cheating, drug dealers..

Your probably right CP. I've always advocated time for managers to build something, and having a club plan that runs right through the different levels. But for some reason, I just haven't taken to the new guy, or the majority of the raft of new players we have yet again brought in.
I think your right, my saturation limit for this approach, was probably reached this summer, and I've started it in a hugely negative frame of mind.

It's far too early to say whether we will finish top 10, bottom 10.
There are green shoots and a defensive improvement under Lamouchi. The jury is out on several players and Lamouchi must do more to create chances.

CP is spot on as this was the area needing quality recruitment.
There is something about Mir that I like, no idea what, but there are glimpses of a decent player. Grabban is struggling in the lone striker role and the sooner Carvalho returns, the better. Although there needs to be a change in formation as Carvalho may struggle as an orthodox midfielder in a 433.

The partnership of Worrall and Dawson is looking good. Dawson is mentoring Worrall and we can all see the improvement shown by Worrall.

Providing we aren't bottom of the table I would like to see the owner show faith in Lamouchi and let him manage for his entire contract.
A large part of our problem stems from the ridiculous turnover of managers. Some continuity would go a long way and I genuinely believe Lamouchi is a good manager.
11th to 14th ist.

There was no personalisation, as you well know.

I was quite specific in what I was referring to; the word "repeat" highlights the salient point.

You chose to repeat false information in an attempt to reinforce your opinion, that's your prerogative, but don't be surprised if someone pulls you upon it.

I appreciate you must feel a sense of betrayal; you need to take that up with the person that spun you the pack of lies in the first place, not me.

There was no personalisation, as you well know.

I was quite specific in what I was referring to; the word "repeat" highlights the salient point.

You chose to repeat false information in an attempt to reinforce your opinion, that's your prerogative, but don't be surprised if someone pulls you upon it.

I appreciate you must feel a sense of betrayal; you need to take that up with the person that spun you the pack of lies in the first place, not me.

As you yourself point out, they lost 10 first teamers, that's huge for a club their size, yet still doing really well. So reinforces my point really.

That's not the point though, is it? They have still had to integrate all those new players, regardless of the reason why. So the point still stands.

Your original point was "A team gutted of a lot of their best players, having to bring in a raft of cheap replacements."

The team was not gutted; Charlton released players they no longer wanted.

The incoming players may have been cheap but they were a significant upgrade on what they let go.

So no, the point does not stand; it is just has wrong now as it was when you first made it.

There must be dozens of ways you can pick fault with the side without resorting to - lies/untruths/fiction/falsehoods/disinformation/inaccuracies/myths - please chose one that causes the least offence.

The one thing that is clearly evident amongst the people that actually go to the games, particularly the away games, is the level of optimism and the realisation that we will not play well for every minute of every game.

Its a far cry from some of the miserable, whinging, on line frauds who only pop up to stick the boot in when things do not go to plan.

Your original point was "A team gutted of a lot of their best players, having to bring in a raft of cheap replacements."

The team was not gutted; Charlton released players they no longer wanted.

The incoming players may have been cheap but they were a significant upgrade on what they let go.

So no, the point does not stand; it is just has wrong now as it was when you first made it.

There must be dozens of ways you can pick fault with the side without resorting to - lies/untruths/fiction/falsehoods/disinformation/inaccuracies/myths - please chose one that causes the least offence.

The one thing that is clearly evident amongst the people that actually go to the games, particularly the away games, is the level of optimism and the realisation that we will not play well for every minute of every game.

Its a far cry from some of the miserable, whinging, on line frauds who only pop up to stick the boot in when things do not go to plan.

How fucking dare you! I've seen every game this season. I've watched home and away since 1979 and been a season ticket holder from since the Bridgeford end was made all seater ( where I used to stand).
You have completely missed the original point. Several posters gave the excuse that we couldn't expect great performances as the team were still getting used to each other. All I did was point out that lots of other teams in the same position of rebuilding, and used Charlton (who we had just played) as a case point.
You come in half way through and start throwing around accusations.
Whenever someone disagrees with you, you start getting personal, especially when you are wrong, to try and deflect. You can be a bully, and you owe me an apology for those unfounded insults.
I post regularly and have done for many years, consistently defending the team and managers, as many on here can attest, particularly last season.

Mao - here is the original post in the conversation:

Red Bread said:

Honest question, what did you expect after 3 games?

Expectation is what fuels disappointment if you expected to lose all 3 you’d be like a dog with 2 now!

ME:
Seriously? You could claim that every season. What did Charlton expect after 3 games? They lost half their players, had to bring in 14 new players, with fuck all money and they could have gone top last night.
We come up with the same excuses year in year out, despite being consistently one of the best backed teams in the division. It's time we stopped with the excuses and started running the club properly.

Perhaps you hadn't read it, but as you can see, the POINT is around how early in the season it is, and us gelling as a team.

I have criticised some of our transfer business and a lot of our performances so far this season, mostly around our midfield. I have also defended the keeper, praised the defence (Robinson aside) and praised the forward three.

Nothing I have said deserves the response you have given.

Mao - here is the original post in the conversation:

Red Bread said:

Honest question, what did you expect after 3 games?

Expectation is what fuels disappointment if you expected to lose all 3 you’d be like a dog with 2 now!

ME:
Seriously? You could claim that every season. What did Charlton expect after 3 games? They lost half their players, had to bring in 14 new players, with fuck all money and they could have gone top last night.
We come up with the same excuses year in year out, despite being consistently one of the best backed teams in the division. It's time we stopped with the excuses and started running the club properly.

Perhaps you hadn't read it, but as you can see, the POINT is around how early in the season it is, and us gelling as a team.

I have criticised some of our transfer business and a lot of our performances so far this season, mostly around our midfield. I have also defended the keeper, praised the defence (Robinson aside) and praised the forward three.

Nothing I have said deserves the response you have given.

I completely missed this

Look, for the final time - YOU REPEATED A LIE

Is that easy enough for you to understand?

If it is, good; be careful who you listen to in future.

If it isnt, take it up with the person who spun you the lies and stop bothering me.

I completely missed this

Look, for the final time - YOU REPEATED A LIE

Is that easy enough for you to understand?

If it is, good; be careful who you listen to in future.

If it isnt, take it up with the person who spun you the lies and stop bothering me.

You still missed the point. It was the sky pundit who said 14 players gone, even you then said 17!! In anybody's book, that is gutting the team. Makes no difference to the point I was making, and there is no lie. What lie are you even talking about?
Regardless, there was no call for the insults you cast at me.
You owe an apology.

You still missed the point. It was the sky pundit who said 14 players gone, even you then said 17!! In anybody's book, that is gutting the team. Makes no difference to the point I was making, and there is no lie. What lie are you even talking about?
Regardless, there was no call for the insults you cast at me.
You owe an apology.

Look, let me put it in simple terms; I caught you out posting untruths.

They may not have been your untruths, but it was you that repeated them.

Now call be a bit of a traditionalist but when I find myself reading stuff that I know is untrue I tend to disregard the rest.

It must be close to your bedtime