Charlton game thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

Charlton game thread

Not having a go Hardy but you’ve said the same thing for a couple of weeks, it’s not luck in my view, last night we had to contend with a bad ref and only playing for 45 mins.

Worrall and daws kept us in it with good play, more than harsh to to say it’s lucky!
We were ‘unlucky’ in that we should have had a pen and they possibly could have been down to 10 men!
At the end I was a bit disappointed we didn’t get a winner!

And we were lucky not to give away 2 pens at Leeds, but I dont recall you putting your hands up to that? You cant have it both ways.

Not really.

They had three shots on target all game

One chance was a fluke direct from a corner. Another was a flick on that fell kindly and then their player had a nice bit of skill. Their goal was a gift, it was given away so easily.

Lots of possession but not much more than that.

They got away with just as much. Grabban in the first half, the penalty, Silva... Grabban's chance was as good, if not better, than any chance they had

Disagree Pope, at half time 4-0 wouldn't have flattered them, we were absolutely terrible. Completely outplayed in midfield. Only Hrabbans chance.
Second half was better from us, there was the penalty shout for us, and our goal, though that was a bad error from them that dropped to Adomah. Their striker also missed a sitter from inside the box.
While we were better second half, we still weren't that good. It was ok, but I still say we got lucky overall.
Overall we had a good 10 mins against WB, and an excellent 2nd half against Brum. For good football, that's it. We were garbage against WB overall, Leeds, Fleetwood and most of last night. To quote a Sky pundit "completely outplayed " in those 3 games.
Its been a pisspoor start for me.

Disagree Pope, at half time 4-0 wouldn't have flattered them, we were absolutely terrible. Completely outplayed in midfield. Only Hrabbans chance.
Second half was better from us, there was the penalty shout for us, and our goal, though that was a bad error from them that dropped to Adomah. Their striker also missed a sitter from inside the box.
While we were better second half, we still weren't that good. It was ok, but I still say we got lucky overall.
Overall we had a good 10 mins against WB, and an excellent 2nd half against Brum. For good football, that's it. We were garbage against WB overall, Leeds, Fleetwood and most of last night. To quote a Sky pundit "completely outplayed " in those 3 games.
All things considered it's a typically Forest case of "the more things change the more they stay the same" Same old with a load of different players, same faults & slow labourious football under yet another manager / coach. Although I did like the fact that at least SL told it like it was post match and didn't try to BS

We've 5 points from a tough set of fixtures. Scored in every game, and only lost once (due to basic mistakes). :shrug:

I'm talking performance, not results. We were very fortunate against Leeds and Charlton, that wont continue unless performances improve.

And we were lucky not to give away 2 pens at Leeds, but I dont recall you putting your hands up to that? You cant have it both ways.

You mentioned luck not me.
I don’t believe we’ve been lucky at all I’m responding to you making exactly that point. Luck played no part against Leeds or last night. Just hard work

Last edited:

Totally agree i tend to think people get carried away with a late goal or a win and they soon forget the performances that preceded the end result. Forest have been a major disappointment over all , not impressed at all just seems like more of the same from the last 20 years. I suppose many will say give it time, well i have been waiting 20 seasons now?

Totally agree i tend to think people get carried away with a late goal or a win and they soon forget the performances that preceded the end result. Forest have been a major disappointment over all , not impressed at all just seems like more of the same from the last 20 years. I suppose many will say give it time, well i have been waiting 20 seasons now?

Honest question, what did you expect after 3 games?

Expectation is what fuels disappointment if you expected to lose all 3 you’d be like a dog with 2 now!

You mentioned luck not me.
I don’t believe we’ve been lucky at all I’m responding to you making exactly that point. Luck played no part against Leeds or last night. Just hard work

No, you claimed we were hard done by and should have had a penalty. I'm just pointing out we benefited the same against Leeds, so evens out. Against Leeds you argued we deserved the point, and ignored the fact they should have had at least one penalty. But against Charlton you use the opposite argument to try and claim we deserved the point. So when it suits, hey?

Honest question, what did you expect after 3 games?

Expectation is what fuels disappointment if you expected to lose all 3 you’d be like a dog with 2 now!

Seriously? You could claim that every season. What did Charlton expect after 3 games? They lost half their players, had to bring in 14 new players, with fuck all money and they could have gone top last night.
We come up with the same excuses year in year out, despite being consistently one of the best backed teams in the division. It's time we stopped with the excuses and started running the club properly.

No, you claimed we were hard done by and should have had a penalty. I'm just pointing out we benefited the same against Leeds, so evens out. Against Leeds you argued we deserved the point, and ignored the fact they should have had at least one penalty. But against Charlton you use the opposite argument to try and claim we deserved the point. So when it suits, hey?

Read my post again, you said we were lucky I said we were not and cited the non penalty. For clarity my view is luck played no part last night or against Leeds

Seriously? You could claim that every season. What did Charlton expect after 3 games? They lost half their players, had to bring in 14 new players, with fuck all money and they could have gone top last night.
We come up with the same excuses year in year out, despite being consistently one of the best backed teams in the division. It's time we stopped with the excuses and started running the club properly.

And every season that would be correct, nothing is decided in Aug or maybe you believe it is I don’t know but just seems odd to me that you are so down on your own team.
Give us a break!

We've 5 points from a tough set of fixtures. Scored in every game, and only lost once (due to basic mistakes). :shrug:

Was hoping we might have got a better idea of where we are with last nights game but just didnt happen.

Last night was bham in reverse. Are we as shit as the first half suggested or are charlton better than anticipated?

I suspect the latter but we just can't afford to be such slow starters, this is something that has not changed yet from previous seasons.

Hope that starts to change from Saturday

Read my post again, you said we were lucky I said we were not and cited the non penalty. For clarity my view is luck played no part last night or against Leeds

Here's your post:
Red Bread said:

Not having a go Hardy but you’ve said the same thing for a couple of weeks, it’s not luck in my view, last night we had to contend with a bad ref and only playing for 45 mins.

Worrall and daws kept us in it with good play, more than harsh to to say it’s lucky!
We were ‘unlucky’ in that we should have had a pen and they possibly could have been down to 10 men!
At the end I was a bit disappointed we didn’t get a winner!

You clearly claim we were unlucky in your argument, should have had a penalty and they should have been down to 10 men!
I'm pointing out that when I said that to you about the Leeds game, you wouldn't have it, yet here you are using the reverse argument to try and prove we were unlucky.