EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 473 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

Doesn't matter what I am happy with. UK government has already said that it will not erect a border so they are happy. We may have to be wary of strong swimmers, mind.
If the idea of Brexit was to keep the Europeans out of the UK.Without a border could not migration simply arrive via the Southern Ireland?

GBN/Tarian - even Boris now acknowledges that there needs to be some kind of border if the UK’s laws are to diverge from the EU’s laws.

Do you accept the same?

What's that got to do with your closed mind?
Your mantra now apears to be that if people don't buy "leaving" or believe where are serious problems then they have closed minds.

I'm getting the feeling that "leave" is becoming something like a religion, requiring faith. I'm a devout Atheist, so it's not for me thanks.

I understand it is the automatic right to live and work, not visit.
Everyone is welcome to come on holiday as long as they leave at the end of it.

If you want to live work and settle, then apply as you would for any other third country.

I lived in Spain and also worked prior to them joining the EU.
I applied for a work permit.
Pretty simple in my recollection.

Brexit is not and never has been about stopping immigration.
Only swivel eyed looney Remainiacs think this.

No you're right because we know that the UK cannot survive without immigration; now, even Boris has admitted that reducing numbers is the wrong way to go. Ironically, those who voted Leave in order to curb immigration, and there were many, will be sorely disappointed. The potential problem now is that Boris does not want a two-tier system, ie EU and non-EU citizens, but a points system that will give equal opportunity to all; so, a likelihood of more from [say] Commonwealth countries, who more likely to stay permanently in the UK; whereas, many from the EU have come and gone leaving about a net million and a half EU citizens here [net of those here less UK citizens in the EU].

All that flies in the face of you voting Brexit so we'll see the benefit of fewer EU citizens here and plan our housing needs accordingly - one of the benefits you listed that would derive from Brexit.

I don't see it as the potential problem that you do WK.

Why should a Latvian down and out have the automatic right to come to the UK after Brexit but not say, a qualified Philippino care worker?

As an independent country, we will reserve the right to decide who enters and for what purpose.
That is normal all around the world.

It will take quite a few who saw benefits of free movement adjusting to the new normal.
I expect that many Eastern European countries will be quietly pleased at slowing down the brain drain.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...ome-amid-fears-of-brain-drain-to-Britain.html

You keep asking the question about the UK closing it's borders.
We won't.
Nobody has ever said we would.
If a Polish guy wishes to go to Ireland and then cross into NI and then to England. that's fine.
Nobody wants to stop that.
If he then decides that he'd like to find a job and settle, then there will be hoops that he must jump through to qualify for worker status, the same as anybody else except Irish citizens, who have exemption.

I understand it is the automatic right to live and work, not visit.
Everyone is welcome to come on holiday as long as they leave at the end of it.

If you want to live work and settle, then apply as you would for any other third country.

I lived in Spain and also worked prior to them joining the EU.
I applied for a work permit.
Pretty simple in my recollection.

Well that's strange as my eldest brother voted leave and specified that immigration was the issue. Now you're saying he is a swivel eyed looney remainiac. I'm confused. Perhaps he was the one exception out of the 17m, eh?