Bolton....interesting... | Page 28 | Vital Football

Bolton....interesting...

Moonay is a good bloke and Tics through and through. Introduced to life as a Tic by my good self and Johnny's king. He can't catch fish though. Even in the Bed Rail pit in Eccy. Shat his wack when Dooley paid a visit to the Bed Rail though. Top lad on the organ. Played Smoke on The Water really well in St Olaf's Church Wasdale Head one Easter.

Post of the week there jeff, but I suppose you had to be around us lot to really get it.

P.S. He wasn't the only kid to shit himself when Dooley loomed over the pit with his big goggly eyes glaring at you.

Moonay is a good bloke and Tics through and through. Introduced to life as a Tic by my good self and Johnny's king. He can't catch fish though. Even in the Bed Rail pit in Eccy. Shat his wack when Dooley paid a visit to the Bed Rail though. Top lad on the organ. Played Smoke on The Water really well in St Olaf's Church Wasdale Head one Easter.

Didn't know that you introduced Moonay to the Latics! How long have the three of you known each other?

Last edited:
Parkinson having a right whinge about the EFL and how his club have been hung out to dry. Crying about it being wrong for young pros having to play two games in a week and how the EFL should give them some leeway.
Well Parkinson, some news, they have. Your club is still in existence from all the leeway they have shown you.
Sick of the press waxing lyrical about their bloody fans too. Same rags haven't much to say about Bury FC and their fans.
Still owe us tax payers money and still no points deduction. Hope they save that for the beginning of next season in League One.
Still have assets to sell like Lostock.

Apparently they wanted yesterday’s game postponed and their medical team requested this.

You’re right about the leeway that’s been given from the efl. It was wrong at the time and is still wrong now. Effectively they haven’t got a team to compete and this has already affected the leagues integrity, but the efl are now digging their heels in and forcing them to play fixtures with youth players. To be fair Parkinson is saying this is unfair on these players who are not yet ready physically to play games repeatedly at this level and is concerned about their welfare. It’s a complete mess, both of Bolton’s and the efl’s making. Perhaps Parkinson should take matters into his own hands and say he cannot field a team due to concerns about his players welfare.

Parkinson having a right whinge about the EFL and how his club have been hung out to dry. Crying about it being wrong for young pros having to play two games in a week and how the EFL should give them some leeway.
Well Parkinson, some news, they have. Your club is still in existence from all the leeway they have shown you.
Sick of the press waxing lyrical about their bloody fans too. Same rags haven't much to say about Bury FC and their fans.
Still owe us tax payers money and still no points deduction. Hope they save that for the beginning of next season in League One.
Still have assets to sell like Lostock.
Given the scale of Boltons misdemeanours compared to Bury and the amount of debt relatively Bolton should also be prevented from playing games (at least)
Reality is the EFL have bent over backwards for Bolton and thrown Bury under the bus.
As for the integrity of the competition, precedent set - Imagine if we needed to avoid a spanking at home by Fulham last day to ensure we stay up on GD - don't play, match awarded 0-1 to Fulham and no sanction on points deduction.

Given the scale of Boltons misdemeanours compared to Bury and the amount of debt relatively Bolton should also be prevented from playing games (at least)
Reality is the EFL have bent over backwards for Bolton and thrown Bury under the bus.
As for the integrity of the competition, precedent set - Imagine if we needed to avoid a spanking at home by Fulham last day to ensure we stay up on GD - don't play, match awarded 0-1 to Fulham and no sanction on points deduction.
Imagine Tranmere staying up on goal difference this season and a new Bolton squad beating, drawing or losing less than 5-0 to Rovers relegation rivals.
The club are not fit for purpose and should not be playing in the Football League at all.

The EFL have not thrown bury under a bus, watch the talk sport interview with bury owner Steven Dale and player Steven Dawson who has been paid once in six months and 2 months pay from the PFA, the EFL have asked both clubs to produce a business plan and cash flow forecast to show how they will be managed in the coming season, Bolton have done this, Dale at Bury won't.

The EFL are concerned that Dale will take league and Premier league money and keep it himself to cover what he has spent so far and he has not shown that will not be the case.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/588249/listen-bury-owner-steve-dale-stephen-dawson-bust-up/

The EFL have not thrown bury under a bus, watch the talk sport interview with bury owner Steven Dale and player Steven Dawson who has been paid once in six months and 2 months pay from the PFA, the EFL have asked both clubs to produce a business plan and cash flow forecast to show how they will be managed in the coming season, Bolton have done this, Dale at Bury won't.

The EFL are concerned that Dale will take league and Premier league money and keep it himself to cover what he has spent so far and he has not shown that will not be the case.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/588249/listen-bury-owner-steve-dale-stephen-dawson-bust-up/
I did hear the interview and agree with you doesn't change the fact that Bolton without an owner, an administrator milking what income the club has and players not paid for months also, with the FV prospective owners who have been unable to complete a deal despite the lifting of the court order last week (despite claiming before it the were "minutes away from taking over") being given the benefit of the doubt.
My point is both clubs should be being treated equally

The administrator claimed the pen was poised over the deal when the injunction hit -as they’ve claimed many times before when faced with scrutiny. The judge, unintentionally, called their bluff by saying the case had nothing to do with the deal and it would not stop the sale. Nothing to stop them therefore, but since then more tumbleweed.

They have may have provided a cash flow forecast, based on loans from the pfa, but if they can’t conclude a deal then it’s effectively worthless.

The administrator claimed the pen was poised over the deal when the injunction hit -as they’ve claimed many times before when faced with scrutiny. The judge, unintentionally, called their bluff by saying the case had nothing to do with the deal and it would not stop the sale. Nothing to stop them therefore, but since then more tumbleweed.

They have may have provided a cash flow forecast, based on loans from the pfa, but if they can’t conclude a deal then it’s effectively worthless.
Wonder when the PFA want their money back.

Agree with the frustrations of the media waxing lyrical about their fans. Whilst it's commendable that they have taken large away supports to their first two away games they actively forced the drop in prices for home games because they were all crying about it. I'm no financial expert and maybe being a tad naive, but surely sacking off away games and paying the extra £4 (from the £20 they ended up paying) and filling your home ground (thus ensuring its your own club getting the majority of the money) is more beneficial to lining Tranmere et als pockets?!?
Fully understand they are owed a game from last season, playing kids and it is extorniate pricing but if your clubs in a such a mess surely you'd pay it at least initially.

Big developments with hotel tonight, still "two weeks off" and its thought that FV are NOT the favourite to buy. This really puts the football club in a precarious position.

Bolton are badly screwed now, and will surely be suspended by the EFL.

If I were Parkinson, I'd resign now.

Big developments with hotel tonight, still "two weeks off" and its thought that FV are NOT the favourite to buy. This really puts the football club in a precarious position.

Maybe Horwich RMI could reform and take over the ground. Wanky could reform and share at Radcliffe or Daisy Hill. Just as long as they start with a points deduction and transfer embargo.

Those billionaire brothers will probably buy the hotel and then get the club afterwards when football ventures back out due to lack of funds. Of course the EFL will let it happen, give them freedom to sign whoever they want without an embargo and not punish Bolton for their disregard for last season’s abandoned game. Gotta give them all the help they can get the corrupt fools.

Those billionaire brothers will probably buy the hotel and then get the club afterwards when football ventures back out due to lack of funds. Of course the EFL will let it happen, give them freedom to sign whoever they want without an embargo and not punish Bolton for their disregard for last season’s abandoned game. Gotta give them all the help they can get the corrupt fools.

And all I've heard over the past couple of weeks off their fans is "surely EFL or someone can help us?"

Haven't they had enough already? Just close them down. The EFL have made a total hash of all this business. Neither Bolton or Bury should have started this season as League One clubs. The games Bolton have played, will probably be scrubbed out, so its just not fair at all this to the other clubs in the division. The longer its allowed to go on for, the worse the mess becomes. I feel sorry for Bury, because their owner is an absolute tool. But Bolton? No..any sympathy I may have had, has gone. They drag it and drag ot out...I may be being cynical, but I saw it as a way of trying to get the EFL to forget about the extra points deduction for not playing that Brentford game...which seems to have worked.

My dad said to me the other day "If this was Latics, we wouldve been really punished and kicked out of the league by now". He is right. Why ARE they being allowed to go on and on dragging it out?

EFL need to step in, suspend them, and stop this charade from going on. A team full of 16 and 17 year olds? A few teams are gonna be chalking big scores up against them, and then this could all count as goal difference at seasons end. Where is the integrity here? Boltons u18 games have been featuring FOURTEEN year olds! Absolute joke this.

Just an utter diabolical disgrace. End it now, ans expunge their three games played. EFL are embarrassing themselves here.

They need to fold and start a new club.

To answer your question Tav as to why the Efl have been extremely lenient toward Bowton then it’s due to friends in high places. Previous chief ex is ex owners mate, the pfa chief is a Bowton fan, one of the elf’s head lawyers is a Bowton fan who ‘oversaw’ the signing of three players before the season began.

Effectively the Efl have swallowed the pr spin about a deal is close so give us more time etc etc. They won’t now change their stance as they want to save face and effectively their jobs. However when you have medical professionals asking them to suspend games due to health concerns over children/youth players being forced to play so many games and they ignore this, then you know they have no interest in doing their job and doing the right thing. For a professional sports body to ignore medical advice to cover up their own failings then you know it’s no longer fit for purpose.

That's why boltons sale is dragging on. FV are preferred bidders for the club but I don't think there's a preferred bidder for the hotel. Also I think there's different administrators for the club and hotel.
FV need the hotel to help finance the running of the club so if someone else buys the hotel then the shiit will really hit the fan.
I think if that happens then FV will pull out. Leaving the situation back at square 1.