Should Corbyn be national unity government pm | Page 7 | Vital Football

Should Corbyn be national unity government pm

But the EU are the ones going into recession... Let's all stay on the sinking ship...
Yes, you are that gullible. Without the safety net of the EU, we'll be sinking much faster after Brexit with no trade deals in place to aid recovery. We saw that the UK economy shrank in the second quarter 2019; if the economy shrinks in the third quarter and indications are that it will, then two such successive quarters is the technical definition of a recession. So, we're well ahead of our cousins in the EU.

Yes, you are that gullible. Without the safety net of the EU, we'll be sinking much faster after Brexit with no trade deals in place to aid recovery. We saw that the UK economy shrank in the second quarter 2019; if the economy shrinks in the third quarter and indications are that it will, then two such successive quarters is the technical definition of a recession. So, we're well ahead of our cousins in the EU.

That's because of uncertainty... Do you have the lotto numbers too?

That's because of uncertainty.
That is irrelevant because there'll be uncertainty after Brexit if it goes ahead; it certainly won't be all sweetness and light overnight. Whatever the cause of a recession it is very damaging to the economy. Here's an example of what could happen in a large company; I did cut and paste this bit because I was losing the will.....

"As sales revenues and profits decline, the manufacturer will cut back on hiring new employees, or freeze hiring entirely. In an effort to cut costs and improve the bottom line, the manufacturer may stop buying new equipment, curtail research and development, and stop new product rollouts (a factor in the growth of revenue and market share). Expenditures for marketing and advertising may also be reduced. These cost-cutting efforts will impact other businesses, both big and small, which provide the goods and services used by the big manufacturer."

That is irrelevant because there'll be uncertainty after Brexit if it goes ahead; it certainly won't be all sweetness and light overnight. Whatever the cause of a recession it is very damaging to the economy. Here's an example of what could happen in a large company; I did cut and paste this bit because I was losing the will.....

"As sales revenues and profits decline, the manufacturer will cut back on hiring new employees, or freeze hiring entirely. In an effort to cut costs and improve the bottom line, the manufacturer may stop buying new equipment, curtail research and development, and stop new product rollouts (a factor in the growth of revenue and market share). Expenditures for marketing and advertising may also be reduced. These cost-cutting efforts will impact other businesses, both big and small, which provide the goods and services used by the big manufacturer."

I noticed you didn't give me the lotto numbers :-(

Expenditures for marketing and advertising may also be reduced. These cost-cutting efforts will impact other businesses, both big and small, which provide the goods and services used by the big manufacturer."

OMG, things will become hard for marketing and advertising executives !!

Poor old Martin Sorrell. Expect to see him on a street corner near you soon with a blanket and tin cup.

Why didn't you say earlier? I am now a remain convert forthwith.

As you say, it is the poor that will suffer.

Recessions come and go, with or without Brexit.
We should know, we've ridden out enough of them … and miraculously survived.

The UK always had a chance of breaking up, with or without Brexit.
The whole raison d'etre of the SNP is in the name.
They are a Nationalist party. Bizarrely supported by many Remainists, for ideological reasons.

The idea of leaving the EU or the status quo remaining in is equally rubbish.
The EU has constantly changed over our membership and will continue to do so, expanding membership to more supplicant nations.
That is how they keep their grip on power and the gravy train rolling along.
Only a very rich nation like the UK could even consider leaving.

Project fear has turned into Project hysteria.

Recessions come and go, with or without Brexit.
We should know, we've ridden out enough of them … and miraculously survived.
True - about one every ten years and the last in 2008/9 and that had a dramatic effect. This time, if it happens, may or may not be long term but with Brexit around the corner getting out of the doldrums may be harder than we imagine.
The UK always had a chance of breaking up, with or without Brexit.
The whole raison d'etre of the SNP is in the name.
They are a Nationalist party. Bizarrely supported by many Remainists, for ideological reasons.
There wasn't due to be another referendum for some time but Bre
The EU has constantly changed over our membership
Yes and we;re party to many of rthode
xit has got them going again.
The idea of leaving the EU or the status quo remaining in is equally rubbish.
The EU has constantly changed over our membership and will continue to do so, expanding membership to more supplicant nations.
That is how they keep their grip on power and the gravy train rolling along.
Only a very rich nation like the UK could even consider leaving.
Where on earth do you get this hysterical bollox? You can pull the wool over peoples eyes some of the time but you can pull the wool over some peoples eyes all of the time - you and VG, as always, for starters.

"

Recession is just a natural part of the economic cycle and we've slipped in and out of recession multiple times while a member of the EU. Even if we slip into recession before our EU neighbours first, this is not historically unusual as we have always weirdly been part of an economic cycle out of sync.

While the Eurozone as a whole has experienced an average small level of growth over the past year, looking on an EU country by country level then there have been multiple countries who have been flirting with recession over the past 12 months including the mighty Germany.. There are a number of EU economies who have fragile economies.

You can be sure if we leave and immediately fall into a technical recession then the likes of Ireland will follow very quickly and may cause a domino effect. We trade enough with our EU partners that if the UK flips into recession and we stop importing then those loss of exports will hurt the economies who rely on them.

If we leave without an agreement and aren't required to hand over €18 billion gross per year then that'll be an interesting black hole of investment into weaker economies that the EU will need to fix.

Signing continuity trade contracts takes very little time to agree so we won't be leaving completely trade agree free.

"

Recession is just a natural part of the economic cycle and we've slipped in and out of recession multiple times while a member of the EU. Even if we slip into recession before our EU neighbours first, this is not historically unusual as we have always weirdly been part of an economic cycle out of sync.

While the Eurozone as a whole has experienced an average small level of growth over the past year, looking on an EU country by country level then there have been multiple countries who have been flirting with recession over the past 12 months including the mighty Germany.. There are a number of EU economies who have fragile economies.

You can be sure if we leave and immediately fall into a technical recession then the likes of Ireland will follow very quickly and may cause a domino effect. We trade enough with our EU partners that if the UK flips into recession and we stop importing then those loss of exports will hurt the economies who rely on them.

If we leave without an agreement and aren't required to hand over €18 billion gross per year then that'll be an interesting black hole of investment into weaker economies that the EU will need to fix.

Signing continuity trade contracts takes very little time to agree so we won't be leaving completely trade agree free.
Thank you Maynard Keynes.

Even the Govt is saying leaving with a deal is preferable

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/trade-agreement-continuity

AS I said about every ten years but this time we'll be venturing into the complete unknown that is Brexit.

So how come you keep telling us about all the problems we will be in because of leaving?
Because like almost every Brexiteer, I can't say what will happen post-exit. Lots of promises that all will be fine but, right now, the Govt is putting many arrangements in place to counter any problems that may arise. I don't see any plans for dealing with things that may go right. Can you identify what the pluses will be post-Brexit or do you live in blissful ignorance.

Thank you Maynard Keynes.

Even the Govt is saying leaving with a deal is preferable

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/trade-agreement-continuity

I'm more Milton Friedman myself.

I don't know of anyone who voted Brexit who doesn't ideally want some sort of deal agreed. But at the same time none of them want to sign a deal that would make us worse off than if we left without one.

Of course the official site says a deal is preferable as signing a deal would suggest some of positive agreement was agreed.

But at the same time none of them want to sign a deal that would make us worse off than if we left without one.
That's an odd one. If we could reach a deal that avoided tariffs, for example, then we'd be better off than in a no-deal situation. I guess the problem is that some don't want any sort of relationship that they feel compromises our sovereignty, which is why Brexiteers can't agree on the way forward not helped by people who say Leave Means Leave, which means nothing.

Brexiteers wanted Brexit. Remainers created all the delays, creating terms such as 'soft Brexit', 'hard Brexit', this way, that way which has resulted now in a no-deal exit.

Yeah. Should have called the Leave campaign's pie-in-the-sky-pull-the-wool-over-voters'-eyes Brexit instead of dignifying it with the word 'soft'.