Rees gone | Vital Football

Rees gone

You’d think he must have found another club. Can’t see why he’d agree to terminate unless that’s the case (or we paid him up).

Contract cancelled by mutual consent.

I must say I don't like this freezing out and removal of players one iota.

Disagree. I am all for whatever is best for the club. The guy was useless - not League One standard and taking a wage for nothing. Not his fault - a poor signing by SL. He had opportunities to go elsewhere in the summer apparently, but didn't take them, so the right thing was done in moving him on. Hopefully, it frees up some budget.

Disagree. I am all for whatever is best for the club. The guy was useless - not League One standard and taking a wage for nothing. Not his fault - a poor signing by SL. He had opportunities to go elsewhere in the summer apparently, but didn't take them, so the right thing was done in moving him on. Hopefully, it frees up some budget.

It's the same story over and over again. It's not what we do its the way we do it that pisses me off. If Evens doesn't rate Rees fine, if they mutually agree to terminate his contract fine, but the comment from SE is cntish and unnecessary and shows his true colours. As for whoever authorised an official statement like that to go out with comments like that from the manager within them is not very PR savy IMO.

Tact is not your forte then

To me it looks like Rees has maybe found a club in the Conference National and that’s why Evans said that. Otherwise I’ve no idea why he would. Everything else he said was very complimentary.

Rees was obviously a signing indicative of the budget. We could afford an established National League player (wages), but not an established League 2/ League 1 player at the time.

It’s unfortunate for him as he’s done nothing wrong, but overall I suppose other than his last minute winner at Burton, he’s been a waste of money.