Rees gone | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rees gone

Evans said it because he had previously reported that Rees had turned down an offer from a Conference side. Since he hasn’t had any other offers I think Evans assessment is a bit brutal but true.

To me it looks like Rees has maybe found a club in the Conference National and that’s why Evans said that. Otherwise I’ve no idea why he would. Everything else he said was very complimentary.

Then he could have said "he will be a real asset to the right club" rather than "Conference National Level". Conference National isn't even the top Conference league, that is Conference Premier - Conference National is 3 leagues below where he is playing at the moment.

Then he could have said "he will be a real asset to the right club" rather than "Conference National Level". Conference National isn't even the top Conference league, that is Conference Premier - Conference National is 3 leagues below where he is playing at the moment.

Which sort of reiterates what some have said.
He’s clearly not good enough. End of. Unfortunately there is no room for sentiment in football, just as holy and eaves (and many more) have buggered off when a better deal comes along.

Now whether Rees was all SL could afford, or he was the number 1 target at the time is immaterial, he was shit and surplus to our requirements now.

I do feel whatever happens at the club at this moment in time is being used as a stick to beat SE with. Ffs guys, let’s give him a chance hey?

Rees was obviously a signing indicative of the budget. We could afford an established National League player (wages), but not an established League 2/ League 1 player at the time.

It’s unfortunate for him as he’s done nothing wrong, but overall I suppose other than his last minute winner at Burton, he’s been a waste of money.
Don't agree about the waste of money comment. We are quick to criticise our management for missing yet another NL or L2 player who joins a club (like Peterborough for example) and subsequently goes on to bigger and better things and/or produces income for that club. Rees had a good record at Bromley and was worth a punt and I hope that we will continue to look at signing players with possible potential even though it often doesn't come off.

Don't you just know it! Prediction: in the first round of the FA Cup we are drawn against Bromley who do the giant killing act on us with a fired up Josh scoring the winning goal!

Don't agree about the waste of money comment. We are quick to criticise our management for missing yet another NL or L2 player who joins a club (like Peterborough for example) and subsequently goes on to bigger and better things and/or produces income for that club. Rees had a good record at Bromley and was worth a punt and I hope that we will continue to look at signing players with possible potential even though it often doesn't come off.
So the money wasn’t wasted because there was a slim chance he might have been good?
Even though he turned out not to be?

So the money wasn’t wasted because there was a slim chance he might have been good?
Even though he turned out not to be?
No it wasn't wasted except for the benefit of hindsight. In effect the Club is taking a punt with every player we sign. Some will not work out. If we worried about wastes of money then we'd never sign anyone.

Given some of the performances from some of our new signings perhaps in some cases Rees is no worse or very little worse than others currently with the club?Matter of opinion and still very much up in the air of course. Early days yet.Best of luck to him going forward.His scoring record was clearly what sold him to Lovell .Many striker's in that league have made it in league football with a worse non league record.

On the few occasions i saw him play i also thought he was crap.

The player had two or three offers to move on recently and decided, for whatever reason, not to take them.

If a manager says "you're not wanted" why would you hang around with 3 offers to go? He probably wanted his contract paid up and then he could take another deal elsewhere and have more money than he did to start with!

I think Evans has been honest and i cannot criticise him for that.

He's a conference player who has gone back to his old club.

A punt was taken and it failed.

At his age you aren't going to get long to get up to speed for League One. We gave him the chance, he did his best, it didn't work out. Good luck to him.

Anyone remember Lovell being asked about Corey Whiteley? Lovell said he'd enquired but we couldn't afford him and he went to Ebbsfleet. Now playing for Newport and appeared last Tuesday. That is where we are and why some of our signings underwhelm.

On the few occasions i saw him play i also thought he was crap.

The player had two or three offers to move on recently and decided, for whatever reason, not to take them.

If a manager says "you're not wanted" why would you hang around with 3 offers to go? He probably wanted his contract paid up and then he could take another deal elsewhere and have more money than he did to start with!

I think Evans has been honest and i cannot criticise him for that.

He's a conference player who has gone back to his old club.

A punt was taken and it failed.
I don't know if you are working. But if you had a boss tell you were not wanted .And he pointed out other jobs you could take in the paper that were less important perhaps with a pay cut would take one of them ?
Or perhaps keep your options open until you found something you were happy to take?
I think most would take the later option or stay put.Who knows the other options could well be lower or higher ranked than Bromley.Location,wages or simply not buying into that club could be reasonable reason to turn down offers.

You can't be surprised when you employ someone like Evans and he comes out with comments that show up a lack of class.

I wouldn't be sticking my head above the parapet with a pointless comment like that after the start he's had.

To me it looks like Rees has maybe found a club in the Conference National and that’s why Evans said that. Otherwise I’ve no idea why he would. Everything else he said was very complimentary.

I think that your explanation of SE`s comment about Rees is spot on, OSK. It`s almost certain that SE was aware that Josh was going to Bromley (where he joins a certain Mr Bingham at a club, on the up, with an apparently increased budget) and, in that context, his (SE`s) comment wasn`t uncomplimentary.

Lancs Evans hadn’t a clue where he was going all that he was interested in was getting him off the wages bill. Also scally doesn’t pay up the rest of their contract. He justifies it by saying we will mutually tear up your existing one and not attach a fee to the player

Course Evens knew where Josh was going, your always saying things like your in the know , one post Jarvis just signed, You will be over the moon when you know who we just signed, bla bla bla

Lancs Evans hadn’t a clue where he was going all that he was interested in was getting him off the wages bill. Also scally doesn’t pay up the rest of their contract. He justifies it by saying we will mutually tear up your existing one and not attach a fee to the player
Really I’m surprised about that, I thought he’d get at least 6 months wages as a settlement.