Rees gone | Page 3 | Vital Football

Rees gone

Lancs Evans hadn’t a clue where he was going all that he was interested in was getting him off the wages bill. Also scally doesn’t pay up the rest of their contract. He justifies it by saying we will mutually tear up your existing one and not attach a fee to the player
Lancs Evans hadn’t a clue where he was going all that he was interested in was getting him off the wages bill. Also scally doesn’t pay up the rest of their contract. He justifies it by saying we will mutually tear up your existing one and not attach a fee to the player

Which sounds like good business sense!!
You'd be surprised how many employees are let go with just their notice pay and or statutory redundancy pay.
At least Rees has walked in to another job and doesn't find himself out of work for months on end.

The wording of his statement was shite and left it open to interpretation and it should have been worded differently IMO but that would have taken tact, something GFC is not good at.

Really I’m surprised about that, I thought he’d get at least 6 months wages as a settlement.
With many exceptions of course the top clubs in national league would probably be paying wages to their top players not that far from what squad players are getting at teams like Gills.

Course Evens knew where Josh was going, your always saying things like your in the know , one post Jarvis just signed, You will be over the moon when you know who we just signed, bla bla bla
Sunnyimkent - Rees was told to leave and to find another club in June and he wouldn’t be required - and could go for free -Rees would then use his agent to call clubs and see if there was a demand - so Evans would not know until the last few days of the deal where he was going until Bromley in this case contact scally. Then it’s released to the press.
With regard to Jarvis he was training and performing so well there was a lot of expectation within the club that a deal was very likely. Jarvis is a legend at the club and many supporters were very interested and keen that Jarvis would join us.

I don't know if you are working. But if you had a boss tell you were not wanted .And he pointed out other jobs you could take in the paper that were less important perhaps with a pay cut would take one of them ?
Or perhaps keep your options open until you found something you were happy to take?
I think most would take the later option or stay put.Who knows the other options could well be lower or higher ranked than Bromley.Location,wages or simply not buying into that club could be reasonable reason to turn down offers.

The thing is Chris, if you took a gamble in a new position at a new company, and a year down the line realised you just weren’t cutting it, and however hard you try you never will. Then your new manager tells you you’re not in his plans, then would you look to go elsewhere or would you dig your heels in and effectively steal a living?

Not sure I could do that personally, but that’s just me.

The thing is Chris, if you took a gamble in a new position at a new company, and a year down the line realised you just weren’t cutting it, and however hard you try you never will. Then your new manager tells you you’re not in his plans, then would you look to go elsewhere or would you dig your heels in and effectively steal a living?

Not sure I could do that personally, but that’s just me.
But the other poster seemed upset that he had turned down deals .That is something most of us would do.He has clearly looked at options and felt that he he was best off returning to Bromley. Who knows what the other options were.But regardless it is his choice as indeed he could have dicided to stay if that was where he felt his interest lay.

Sunnyimkent - Rees was told to leave and to find another club in June and he wouldn’t be required - and could go for free -Rees would then use his agent to call clubs and see if there was a demand - so Evans would not know until the last few days of the deal where he was going until Bromley in this case contact scally. Then it’s released to the press.
With regard to Jarvis he was training and performing so well there was a lot of expectation within the club that a deal was very likely. Jarvis is a legend at the club and many supporters were very interested and keen that Jarvis would join us.
In some ways it is a pity about Jarvis. I think if he had signed it would put an extra 500 on our home attendances

Fans nearly always side with the player, when Eaves went everyone wished him luck as they should do, but Eaves could have repaid our support of him by signing a contract with a £50k release clause. He would easily have attracted that amount but also given us a little payback.
At the moment we have players who don't seem to fit, Evans has said that they can go if they choose or stay and fight for a place, yet he seems to be getting grief for it,

Was he not offered Bromley July

But the other poster seemed upset that he had turned down deals .That is something most of us would do.

I suppose it all comes down to whether job satisfaction ( ie playing regularly) is more important than just (sitting on a bench) picking up a wage. In my experience, youngsters are more interested in the first matter than the second. Although I admit I don’t know Josh Rees’s age.

Fans nearly always side with the player, when Eaves went everyone wished him luck as they should do, but Eaves could have repaid our support of him by signing a contract with a £50k release clause. He would easily have attracted that amount but also given us a little payback.
At the moment we have players who don't seem to fit, Evans has said that they can go if they choose or stay and fight for a place, yet he seems to be getting grief for it,

Evans said right from the off at the fans forum before the players even came back for pre season that 3 players (Rees, Parrett, Stevenson ?) wouldn't be getting game time under him and needed to find new clubs. That's not saying stay and fight for a place.

It's all very well getting players out, but if in a year's time SE is no longer here and we're going through the whole process again with a new manager getting rid of SE players were back to square one.

I suppose it all comes down to whether job satisfaction ( ie playing regularly) is more important than just (sitting on a bench) picking up a wage. In my experience, youngsters are more interested in the first matter than the second. Although I admit I don’t know Josh Rees’s age.
The vast amount of young players on high wages at Premier league and championship clubs seem to contradictory to your statement.With little or no chance of playing. Each young person makes his own decisions many of course will be influenced by parents and other people they trust.

The vast amount of young players on high wages at Premier league and championship clubs seem to contradictory to your statement.With little or no chance of playing. Each young person makes his own decisions many of course will be influenced by parents and other people they trust.

Sorry, I should clarify, I’m talking about youngsters in the real world. Not ‘millionaire at 20’ youngsters.

Rees- From what I saw of him he wasn't good enough for our level, but with his record at Bromley it was worth giving him a try.

The comments from SE- unless I've heard something from the horse's mouth (in life, not just from SE) I take things with a pinch of salt- could be misquoted, could have been misinterpreted by our communications team etc.

It's all a bit irrelevant if he was good enough or not, just have the good grace to say thank you very much for the service you have provided, and wish them the best for the future. If you cannot adhere to basic rules such as this you look like prats (us again and again and again). This is why our public profile is so poor and could be so easily improved with just a little bit professionalism.

Rees signs for Conference National side Bromley. Evans knew that’s where he’s going and says “He’s a great kid, it didn’t work out here, he’ll be a great signing for a Conference National side”.

I fail to see where that is degrading or classless or anything else. Quite decent comments I thought from a manager about a player not in his plans. Its all to do with the people hearing how he’s said that.

Moving on. Good luck Rees. I reckon you’ll be a great signing for Bromley in the Conference National and will rip it up. Their fans seem very excited to have you back ?

Treat people as youd like to be treated yourself is my mantra. We know nothing of the offers he turned down. They could have been totally inappropriate geographically or financially.
Evans clearly doesnt want to spend time developing him as a player.
Echoing many tthanks Josh hope all goes well in the future.

Evans clearly doesnt want to spend time developing him as a player.

Actually, that may be a very good point.

I think a manager like Steve Evans , and before him Martin Allen, are brought in for one reason alone. Success on the pitch. You don’t bring in those types with a 3 or 5 year plan to bring on the youngsters.

The players have to be capable of performing in the first XI otherwise they are someone else’s problem. Not the first team managers. Not this one anyway.

I think (hopefully) Steve Evans can coach and improve youngsters, but they’d have to be above, at or close to our level already. Then he can work on them in and around the first team.