Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 86 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

What a load of crap was spoke at the fans forum
John, be fair. Your concerns re his injury history are justifiable. However, this is just a whinge. Full stop.

In what way would signing this lad go against what you were told at the forum? Young. Footballer. Potential.

OK, he needs to be kept fit, but surely he's bang on the recruitment profile.

John, be fair. Your concerns re his injury history are justifiable. However, this is just a whinge. Full stop.

In what way would signing this lad go against what you were told at the forum? Young. Footballer. Potential.

OK, he needs to be kept fit, but surely he's bang on the recruitment profile.
The fans forum it was said..... We want to be somthing like Brentford ..... if we could that would be very good Because thats our level of football Buying players for small fee and re selling them So what do we do...... look to sign some one from there who they think is not good enough because of his injurys ... But thats my thoughts and a good few more

Being serious, I think he'd be another excellent signing. The same people who moaned about letting Powell go are moaning that we're signing a talented footballer with a history of injuries... It's near enough a like for like swap, though I'd wager McLeod wouldn't be getting as much money as Powell was offered.

I'm like a broken record, but I don't care. I'll say it again. We're a small club with bugger all to spend on wages. We don't get to sign proven 'names'. We have to gamble on players with ability despite there being a risk. If we keep this lad fit, he could be a genius buy. If he's injured all the time, we may lose the gamble, but those risks I can deal with. Splashing big money that we don't have is still a risk (Boselli comes to mind...) and puts the future of the club in much greater jeopardy than risking what we can afford to lose with lads like McLeod.

We wont if we dont pay your right But your happy to pay a player to sit in the stand half a season hope your right if he signs But his record says sadly he wont

I don't get it just feels like moaning for the sake of it. We may not get an entire season out of him but if he's back up and a squad member who cares. We need numbers and he's free. He hasn't kicked a ball yet he's the right age give him a chance. We don't know we can't improve his injury record.

He’s a central midfielder and provides good competition with Evans. He’s no James or Powell but he’s a solid Championship player if he stays fit and a decent age at 25. Also free and probably on fairly low wages. Plus you don’t captain Rangers even in the Scottish lower leagues if you don’t have some ticker about you.

Lowe is the one for me now. We obviously want him and he obviously wants to come and play under Cook again. No excuses, pay up and get it done!

The fans forum it was said..... We want to be somthing like Brentford ..... if we could that would be very good Because thats our level of football Buying players for small fee and re selling them ........

We'd be doing exactly that. Just because they think he isn't good enough, or isn't fit enough doesn't mean that he isn't, or couldn't be.

Right age. Right style. Right potential. Keep him fit and he could be great.

The fans forum it was said..... We want to be somthing like Brentford ..... if we could that would be very good Because thats our level of football Buying players for small fee and re selling them So what do we do...... look to sign some one from there who they think is not good enough because of his injurys ... But thats my thoughts and a good few more
They do think he is good enough, they offered him a contract and he turned them down, if you read the background to a story instead of acting on your natural impulse you would have realised this!

I think we played well without Powell towards the end of the season. Evans looked much better in the advanced role. He worked harder than Powell and we looked as though we were pressing better as a team. Yes Powell was quality but at times he did his own thing. Macleod looks like he links play well and has a goal in him. Looks another good signing if it comes off, especially on a free.

Hamstring injuries are commonly due to relative strength imbalances, usually with players who are more quad dominant and if a player commits to a good strength and flexibility routine, then that particular issue can be mitigated.

Two cases in point which highlight this - Ryan Giggs, who had quite a few hamstring niggles until he switched up his training regime and performed more yoga and Steven Gerrard, who was plagued with a myriad of different hip and hamstring strains in his early days.

The point I want to make regarding that is this - you have to dedicate an amount of your training time to correcting and preventing that injury. Whilst I love Nick Powell as a technician, he's clearly not the best trainer. We have some good people at the club, notably Nick Meace, who's own career was cut short by injury. I believe that provided he dedicates himself to injury prevention, prehab workouts and the like, Lewis Macleod may be a cracking free transfer.

Here is a bit of a reality check - we have to sign these kinds of players. Rough diamonds, that we have to knock the crap off and polish them up. We don't have the money, the pull, the fan base. It hurts me to say that, but it is the truth. We have punched way above our weight, we're like a footballing Roberto Duran. The underdog with a puncher's chance.

Second check - not many clubs have still done business. There's more going out of the Championship than coming into it - Konsa has just been sold to Villa for a massive markup, for example. Everyone is battling for the same names it seems.

Thirdly and finally - this board have, to my mind, rectified lots of odds and ends which have needed to be done, Academy, sponsors, etc. Lots of groundwork that we don't get to see. We've still got a lot of promise in that squad and then we go get David Marshall, who Liverpool were looking at not too long ago. Yes time isn't exactly on our side but it isn't for many - Blackburn are scrambling for a goalkeeper after letting David Raya go.

(edited for typos)

Hamstring injuries are commonly due to relative strength imbalances, usually with players who are more quad dominant and if a player commits to a good strength and flexibility routine, then that particular issue can be mitigated.

Two cases in point which highlight this - Ryan Giggs, who had quite a few hamstring niggles until he switched up his training regime and performed more yoga and Steven Gerrard, who was plagued with a myriad of different hip and hamstring strains in his early days.

The point I want to make regarding that is this - you have to dedicate an amount of your training time to correcting and preventing that injury. Whilst I love Nick Powell as a technician, he's clearly not the best trainer. We have some good people at the club, notably Nick Meace, who's own career was cut short by injury. I believe that provided he dedicates himself to injury prevention, prehab workouts and the like, Lewis Macleod may be a cracking free transfer.

Here is a bit of a reality check - we have to sign these kinds of players. Rough diamonds, that we have to knock the crap off and polish them up. We don't have the money, the pull, the fan base. It hurts me to say that, but it is the truth. We have punched way above our weight, we're like a footballing Roberto Duran. The underdog with a puncher's chance.

Second check - not many clubs have still done business. There's more going out of the Championship than coming into it - Konsa has just been sold to Villa for a massive markup, for example. Everyone is battling for the same names it seems.

Thirdly and finally - this board have, to my mind, rectified lots of odds and ends which have needed to be done, Academy, sponsors, etc. Lots of groundwork that we don't get to see. We've still got a lot of promise in that squad and then we go get David Marshall, who Liverpool were looking at not too long ago. Yes time isn't exactly on our side but it isn't for many - Blackburn are scrambling for a goalkeeper after letting David Raya go.

(edited for typos)

Very good post.

I understand the frustration people are feeling - I feel it too and I'm certain the people working to get deals done do too but when you look around the money has gone so mental that signing anyone is drastically more difficult for everyone let alone anyone with a modest budget.

Latest rumour I read on twitter and it could easily be fake is Kieffer Moore 3.5m from Barnsley. Don't think it's a bad shout at all but most stuff on twitter is made up so take it with a big pinch of salt.

If we want to do Lowe I think we need to be quick as there are so many clubs desperate for players and the longer this drags the more chance other clubs will jump in and we'll get gazumped again at the last second.

Could really do with Everton making a call on Robinson asap.

Just seen Forest are trying to move on Claudio Yacob - he could be a great player to plug the def mid ball winning spot. Failing that hey are also looking to move on Liam Bridcutt who could also do that role.

He's quite old now but Guedioura also from Forest in the same position could be someone to ask about as they have about 40 players and keep signing new ones. So just like Fox he may become surplus despite being very good.

Just seen Forest are trying to move on Claudio Yacob - he could be a great player to plug the def mid ball winning spot. Failing that hey are also looking to move on Liam Bridcutt who could also do that role.

He's quite old now but Guedioura also from Forest in the same position could be someone to ask about as they have about 40 players and keep signing new ones. So just like Fox he may become surplus despite being very good.

I think guedioura would be great he can’t half pass too and long shits.