Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 85 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

MacCleod rejected a new contract with Brentford last year before Smith left and was said to be looking to leave. The Brentford fans seem to think he had potential but he was just injured all the time - to put it in context in his 8 years at Rangers and Brentford he's only played over 20 games once, the lad has been plagued by injureis but despite that Brentford did want to keep him - which suggests he is a very talented lad as you'd think only 40 games in 5 years for them would guarentee they wouldn't off him a deal. One interesting thing i did see was on twitter some lad mentioned back in May that he worked with MacLeods dad and that he was going to join us - so it sounds like this has been in the works for a while. Leeds were apparently sniffing last season. Rumour also said we were also looking at him back in the Caldwell days.

From what i've seen of MacLeod he is a decent player and can play accross midfield but he isn't a hard tackling ball winner despite playing def mid most of the time. So sounds more like another Evans type rather than a Reece James / Morsy tackler.

I don't think this is a bad signing in theory if you can keep him fit, but with that injury record it's obviously a risky one. If we can keep him clear of the treatment room no doubt he is a good player to have in the squad but I don't think he fills the ball winner gap that James leaves.

Good to hear we are still active for Lowe, fingers crossed we can get that deal done as he would hopefully bring pace, penetration, goals and assists that we lost from Powell.

Sounds just about reet. A crock. Between all the crocks say, Massey, Fox, Pilkington, Jacobs and others we could hope one of two may be fit to play.
Why do Brentford not want him. You would think a similar sized club to us would want to keep him.

Last edited:
MacCleod rejected a new contract with Brentford last year before Smith left and was said to be looking to leave. The Brentford fans seem to think he had potential but he was just injured all the time - to put it in context in his 8 years at Rangers and Brentford he's only played over 20 games once, the lad has been plagued by injureis but despite that Brentford did want to keep him - which suggests he is a very talented lad as you'd think only 40 games in 5 years for them would guarentee they wouldn't off him a deal. One interesting thing i did see was on twitter some lad mentioned back in May that he worked with MacLeods dad and that he was going to join us - so it sounds like this has been in the works for a while. Leeds were apparently sniffing last season. Rumour also said we were also looking at him back in the Caldwell days.

From what i've seen of MacLeod he is a decent player and can play accross midfield but he isn't a hard tackling ball winner despite playing def mid most of the time. So sounds more like another Evans type rather than a Reece James / Morsy tackler.

I don't think this is a bad signing in theory if you can keep him fit, but with that injury record it's obviously a risky one. If we can keep him clear of the treatment room no doubt he is a good player to have in the squad but I don't think he fills the ball winner gap that James leaves.

Good to hear we are still active for Lowe, fingers crossed we can get that deal done as he would hopefully bring pace, penetration, goals and assists that we lost from Powell.

Just hope rest of the team dont mind their wives being involved with one of those you mentioned

Here's the highlights of our game at Brentford last season where MacLeod was further forward and was involved in everything:

General highlights from his time in Scotland:

He doesn't look like a defensive midfielder at all from these, more an attacking mid. Seems to get a few goals with his head too arriving late in the box which is something we've been missing.

Looks like MacLeod could either slot into the role Evans played alongside Morsy as the more attack minded of the deeper lying two midfielders at the start of last season before we moved James alongside Morsy. Or he could be used solely in an attacking midfield role as either the Powell replacement or as a backup if we sign another attacking midfielder. I would guess more the latter than the former of those options.

Will reserve judgement of course until i have seen him play. Ultimately we are light in central midfield and need bodies in so i do welcome this signing. Its frustrating it is not the young lad from Benfica but who knows, if he can stay clear of injuries he may prove a good buy.

I think this signing is also proof Windass will be on the wing next year as both MacLeod and Evans can play as attacking mids.

Sounds just about rest. A crock. Between all the crocks say, Massey, Fox, Pilkington, Jacobs and others we could hope one of two may be fit to play.
Why do Brentford not want him. You would think a similar sized club to us would want to keep him.
Do we ever learn signing these sorts of players Played in div 3 in scotland then makes a move and always injured

The fact we are looking to sign an injury plagued crock suggests to me desperation has kicked in. The approach and execution in this window has been diabolical and we’re now looking to the bottom of the barrel.

We know from Powell that these hamstring injuries don’t go away and clearly the lad has a weakness there. The number we suffer too suggests it’s training related so I doubt he’ll play much if he signs. Another waste of a salary.

No one is saying the lad cant play foofball its getting him on the pitch first look at his record Some one here saying get shut of Powell because of his game time And we are now trying to sign some one with a far worse record

He’s a good player. Unfortunately been Injury prone but a good un why wouldn’t you want him as a squad member better than shitty Gibson. If we use him correctly he will be fine