Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 106 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

Not writing Dele off...yet. He had a down year...if he bounces back and plays well this season I think he will be good for a years to come. If he stays where he is at or continues his slide...then so be it.

It's obvious that Toby would be happy to stay because he knows next season he'd get a lucrative pay-day if he were to leave on a free. We will force him out this summer if he doesnt sign a new contract. Links to Ake are picking up steam which a lot of Spurs fans aren't too happy about.

Dele is a curious one. Like Ex says, off-field stuff is just too dominating and he's just not putting in the effort. I'm also very critical of so many pundits and coaches constantly talking about Dele's naughty-streak. Yes, he was at risk of getting sent off more and at risk of retrospective bans but since Dele has cut that out of his game he has well and truly lost his edge.

And with Eriksen, people who think he is easily replaceable are simply wrong. He isn't. Bruno may be a very good player, but we're still talking about a player who has only played in Italy and Portugal and has little international experience. I think he'd find the step up to the PL a big one and expecting too much of him would be unwise. Plus, when he moves, he will have a ludicrous transfer fee hanging over his head and that has also been known to weigh on a player and derail their first season.

Most importantly though... When TF is this meeting with Levy and Poch?!?

It's obvious that Toby would be happy to stay because he knows next season he'd get a lucrative pay-day if he were to leave on a free. We will force him out this summer if he doesnt sign a new contract. Links to Ake are picking up steam which a lot of Spurs fans aren't too happy about.

Dele is a curious one. Like Ex says, off-field stuff is just too dominating and he's just not putting in the effort. I'm also very critical of so many pundits and coaches constantly talking about Dele's naughty-streak. Yes, he was at risk of getting sent off more and at risk of retrospective bans but since Dele has cut that out of his game he has well and truly lost his edge.

And with Eriksen, people who think he is easily replaceable are simply wrong. He isn't. Bruno may be a very good player, but we're still talking about a player who has only played in Italy and Portugal and has little international experience. I think he'd find the step up to the PL a big one and expecting too much of him would be unwise. Plus, when he moves, he will have a ludicrous transfer fee hanging over his head and that has also been known to weigh on a player and derail their first season.

Most importantly though... When TF is this meeting with Levy and Poch?!?
It's not Fernandes job to replace Eriksen that's the first thing you tell him this is a load that has to be shared. As for the step up a lot of the lads at Wolves made it look effortless. He should have a chat to Moutinho who even at an advanced age took in his stride or even more accurately his half step. Thing is mate we have no choice this is like Bale, he has already gone...

Danny Rose said he felt Spurs had a policy to off load players past a certain age, can anyone name one over the last 5 years. ?

Yeah, we offload the geriatrics and crocked on to our training ground, so that they can run around a bit, then wheelchair them back to their BMW's so that they are available for 10 mins cameo's on match days. Might be Dzeko next!

Saha, Nelson, Ade, Llorente .......

It's not Fernandes job to replace Eriksen that's the first thing you tell him this is a load that has to be shared. As for the step up a lot of the lads at Wolves made it look effortless. He should have a chat to Moutinho who even at an advanced age took in his stride or even more accurately his half step. Thing is mate we have no choice this is like Bale, he has already gone...

Absolutely! Like you say though, whoever we bring in as a creative attacker should not be seen as an Eriksen replacement. We cannot replace Eriksen... end of. I'm not sure why so many people seem to think Eriksen is "replaceable". Once Eriksen leaves we are going to have to change the way we attack, completely.

And something else people will probably disagree with me on - Winks is the most important player in our team in this new rebuild. He is so underappreciated by so many Spurs fans and I cannot figure out why. I'm desperate to see Ndombele partner winks in CM because I think he is the perfect partner to help Winks get even better.

Absolutely! Like you say though, whoever we bring in as a creative attacker should not be seen as an Eriksen replacement. We cannot replace Eriksen... end of. I'm not sure why so many people seem to think Eriksen is "replaceable". Once Eriksen leaves we are going to have to change the way we attack, completely.

And something else people will probably disagree with me on - Winks is the most important player in our team in this new rebuild. He is so underappreciated by so many Spurs fans and I cannot figure out why. I'm desperate to see Ndombele partner winks in CM because I think he is the perfect partner to help Winks get even better.

We do need someone else besides Eriksen tho.

Winks, if not for his injuries, would get a bit more of the credit he deserves. Nobody talks of his performance in CL Final, but he was maybe our best player. His passing stats are literally world class. He asked for the #8 shirt.

We do need someone else besides Eriksen tho.

Winks, if not for his injuries, would get a bit more of the credit he deserves. Nobody talks of his performance in CL Final, but he was maybe our best player. His passing stats are literally world class. He asked for the #8 shirt.

Our over-reliance on Eriksen has been one of my biggest gripes for years. It's why he is now going to leave a massive hole in our squad.

Although Real may be dropping out of the Eriksen race. I'm starting to think Eriksen's most likely destination may end up being Man Utd and if that is the case, expect to see the price go up another £30m to what we'd get from Real. If Man Utd sell Pogba to Real, I think Eriksen will be their number 1 target.

Our over-reliance on Eriksen has been one of my biggest gripes for years. It's why he is now going to leave a massive hole in our squad.

Although Real may be dropping out of the Eriksen race. I'm starting to think Eriksen's most likely destination may end up being Man Utd and if that is the case, expect to see the price go up another £30m to what we'd get from Real. If Man Utd sell Pogba to Real, I think Eriksen will be their number 1 target.
If Zidane signs Pogba it will just confirm what a poor manager he is....he needs superstars to carry him and Pogba would sink him....I think Utd are stuck with Pogba unless one of the Italian teams wants him again.

If I were Poch, I would invert my centre mids and attacking mids on the training ground in pre-season. We need Moura and Son to be drilled as the 2 man pivot and learn how to take responsibility defensively. Ditto with Dele, to realise when to keep it simple and when to be elaborate. We also need Winks, Sissoko and Dier having way more composure in attacking areas and getting more assists and goals. Poch should dedicate time every week on the training ground as it is holding us back.

Buying new players is of course great, but if we are going to depend on these 6 again, let's get more out of them when they are on the pitch. I know Kane and Eriksen get a load of stick, but they get this concept naturally.

Unfortunately, we've regressed in the last year or so defensively. We've stopped defending as a team and buying new midfielders will put the burden on them, not the culprits. Ditto with the assists and goals. That includes the full-backs who need to spend the entire pre-season working on delivery.

What's broken at Spurs isn't just a transfer thing.

Eriksen could stay but he has kind of burnt his bridges by saying maybe it's time for something new. There must be so many factors influencing his decision. He obviously wants to win things, get paid more, play with better players and not have to do so much donkey work.

hope Eriksen stays. all it would take is to be offered a decent wage you'd expect to pay a 50m player. is that really so difficult to get Dannyboy. of course if a Utd are dumb enough to pay 60m+ then take the money and play Lamela in his role of head of midfield diamond or leftside of it.

Lamela can do the bizz if given the role. you don't lose the talent he exhibited for Roma anywhere near the age he is now.

either way both Erics need to be given a role of the dice early next season, even if the son of Eric stays.

If I were Poch, I would invert my centre mids and attacking mids on the training ground in pre-season. We need Moura and Son to be drilled as the 2 man pivot and learn how to take responsibility defensively. Ditto with Dele, to realise when to keep it simple and when to be elaborate. We also need Winks, Sissoko and Dier having way more composure in attacking areas and getting more assists and goals. Poch should dedicate time every week on the training ground as it is holding us back.

Buying new players is of course great, but if we are going to depend on these 6 again, let's get more out of them when they are on the pitch. I know Kane and Eriksen get a load of stick, but they get this concept naturally.

Unfortunately, we've regressed in the last year or so defensively. We've stopped defending as a team and buying new midfielders will put the burden on them, not the culprits. Ditto with the assists and goals. That includes the full-backs who need to spend the entire pre-season working on delivery.

What's broken at Spurs isn't just a transfer thing.

Sure ain't. Coaching has been abandoned in quite a lot of the premier league games.

We need to rebuild the spine. Get back to basics first.

Sure ain't. Coaching has been abandoned in quite a lot of the premier league games.

We need to rebuild the spine. Get back to basics first.

You were correct earlier when you said the year our spine was solid we were at our best. Keep TA and JV and find a replacement for Wanyama. I think Winks would do well in front of a healthy VW or replica of VW.

So a good thing or bad thing that Wanyama is playing a summer tournament? ACON runs from 21 Jun to 19 Jul and Wanyama is Kenya's captain.

I'm hoping he has a stormer so his stock is high either way. We cannot afford to have expectations on him again only for him to either break or look so badly off the pace like he did this season.

I have a feeling he won't be playing in England this coming season.

Why wouldnt eriksen just run down his deal? He wants out but will apparently sign on again if nothing comes of it.

He does realise that signing a new deal will make it harder for him to leave as levy will then price him over 100m.

I really don't understand footballers sometimes. Look at ramsey, 400k a week and will win all the trophies in italy.

Why wouldnt eriksen just run down his deal? He wants out but will apparently sign on again if nothing comes of it.

He does realise that signing a new deal will make it harder for him to leave as levy will then price him over 100m.

I really don't understand footballers sometimes. Look at ramsey, 400k a week and will win all the trophies in italy.
He will be off to Madrid mate mark my words they are having a massive rebuild. I still expect them to offload Modric despite his deal.

Last edited: