The Play Off Final Thread 2019 | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Play Off Final Thread 2019

Stuck in the depths of Devon, got few opportunities to get to games this season (my first game 1959!), and not much footie interest down here, or fellow supporters, apart from the usual league winers. (That was a typo but thought I'd leave it! :) ) Daughter big fan too, but lives in Leeds (he he :wahey:). No chance of a ticket, so we'll both go up/down to City Centre, meet up and find a pub in town just to be around fellow fans. 2 hour drive, followed by 3 hour train. Any ideas on a good, Villa-friendly pub? I'm a stranger in town these days but couldn't stand the idea of sitting around here on my own when nobody else is bothered, and naturally daughter doesn't want to watch in a pub in Leeds! Getting well stressed/excited already, even to watch it on the telly. Hope me old heart holds out :)

Let me know where you end up fella. All my Villa mates will be looking for somewhere to watch the game also. This Mooch bar that Fear mentions sounds like it could be just the ticket!

Rarely any trouble in there, bounces sort quickly if there is, food is decent (and cheap) and the beer is also on the cheaper side for Broad Street.

I was going to jump on a train to Brum myself when I realised I wouldn't get a ticket. Went to book it and found that there is engineering work and the furthest I will get is Crewe, from there by coach. The gods are conspiring against me!

Rarely any trouble in there, bounces sort quickly if there is, food is decent (and cheap) and the beer is also on the cheaper side for Broad Street.

Bouncers? They only seem to have 1. If it ever does go off in there I'm not sure what he is going to do unless he is some sort of Chuck Norris

So ordered tickets last Weds evening and they arrived on Friday.....5 tickets in total....mine, Langoe junior, his mate's and a couple for season ticket holders we sit next to....all gd. I place them in the kitchen window in the envelope....Mrs Langoe as she does when having a quick 'tidy' (without me knowin)...moves them from there onto the work surface close to the back door....where we often place our recycling before it's taken out to the bin. On our walk with dog at 7am this morning it suddenly dawns on me that I haven't seen the tickets since Friday and couldn't recall putting them into my bedside cabinet where I normally put them....Mrs Langoe not perturbed by my rising angst casually drops in the fact that she did in fact move them from their original position to the work surface by the back door....I can't remember seeing the said envelope anywhere near the back door and therefore cant believe I put them in my usual 'safe' place in either my bedside cabinet or the coffee table drawer in the lounge....the rest of the walk becomes a fairly muted affair and doesn't last as long as usual as I'm desperate to get home and see the tickets.....they're not by the back door, they're not in the coffee table, drawer...please God let them be in the bedside cabinet....ah there's a white envelope..thank you lord....unfortunately it's an old envelope from the Bolton away tickets which has my receipt in it....my heart starts to beat rather more quickly as I realise that the envelope could have got picked up with papers, magazines, other recycling bits n pieces normally left by the back door kitchen....and of course this week is green bin week....so if the tickets have been thrown into the bin it's a question of when.......after 7.30 on Monday morning when the bins are emptied and I'll avoid sobbing uncontrollably.... before 7.30 and my marriage to Mrs Langoe possibly wont survive that hour....as I walk round to the the corner to the green bin I feel slightly sick.....there's not a lot in the bottom of it as it was emptied yesterday, a few bits n pieces...no sign of any white envelopes so in my desperation I tip the bin upside down...the contents fall onto the patio....and as I rummage through it a delightful fucking white envelope with 5 Wembley tickets inside, falls from a folded newspaper.....there is a God after all.....Mrs Langoe? Tells me it's nothing to do with her at all.....for once I can't be arsed to reply...I'm too bloody relieved for that and the white envelope is now very safely placed in my bedside cabinet far away from the 'tidying' hands of Mrs Langoe........:shake:

So ordered tickets last Weds evening and they arrived on Friday.....5 tickets in total....mine, Langoe junior, his mate's and a couple for season ticket holders we sit next to....all gd. I place them in the kitchen window in the envelope....Mrs Langoe as she does when having a quick 'tidy' (without me knowin)...moves them from there onto the work surface close to the back door....where we often place our recycling before it's taken out to the bin. On our walk with dog at 7am this morning it suddenly dawns on me that I haven't seen the tickets since Friday and couldn't recall putting them into my bedside cabinet where I normally put them....Mrs Langoe not perturbed by my rising angst casually drops in the fact that she did in fact move them from their original position to the work surface by the back door....I can't remember seeing the said envelope anywhere near the back door and therefore cant believe I put them in my usual 'safe' place in either my bedside cabinet or the coffee table drawer in the lounge....the rest of the walk becomes a fairly muted affair and doesn't last as long as usual as I'm desperate to get home and see the tickets.....they're not by the back door, they're not in the coffee table, drawer...please God let them be in the bedside cabinet....ah there's a white envelope..thank you lord....unfortunately it's an old envelope from the Bolton away tickets which has my receipt in it....my heart starts to beat rather more quickly as I realise that the envelope could have got picked up with papers, magazines, other recycling bits n pieces normally left by the back door kitchen....and of course this week is green bin week....so if the tickets have been thrown into the bin it's a question of when.......after 7.30 on Monday morning when the bins are emptied and I'll avoid sobbing uncontrollably.... before 7.30 and my marriage to Mrs Langoe possibly wont survive that hour....as I walk round to the the corner to the green bin I feel slightly sick.....there's not a lot in the bottom of it as it was emptied yesterday, a few bits n pieces...no sign of any white envelopes so in my desperation I tip the bin upside down...the contents fall onto the patio....and as I rummage through it a delightful fucking white envelope with 5 Wembley tickets inside, falls from a folded newspaper.....there is a God after all.....Mrs Langoe? Tells me it's nothing to do with her at all.....for once I can't be arsed to reply...I'm too bloody relieved for that and the white envelope is now very safely placed in my bedside cabinet far away from the 'tidying' hands of Mrs Langoe........:shake:

Yellow card for Mrs Langoe.

Think I would have had a panic attack. I'm surprised your other half didn't end up head first inside the green bin.

The only other decision we have is Adomah or Green or a jar of branstons pickle.

Think I'm edging towards the Branston's. Got more of an end product.
For me, play El Ghazi on the right, Peter McParland on the left. Look, I know he’s over 80 but has goal scoring experience at Wembley. No brainer, really......

A few of mentioned going by Chiltern from moor street and that’s it’s £X or £Y this year, I did speak to chiltern and they said the super off peak will be fine for any train all day and they say it on this tweet too in case you want to see for yourself. Said ticket is about £30 return and there’s also an amended timetable for the day.