The Play Off Final Thread 2019 | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Play Off Final Thread 2019

Took the better half down the Villa today to get her a top ready for the game. We are now ready to go just need the tickets. Im expecting them tomorrow. Bloody game is costing me a small fortune :giggle:

We are stopping at the MIL south of London and the M25. Getting the train and tube in Monday morning. Hopefully coming from the other direction it should be a breeze? Cant wait, bring it on.

Yes I am driving down to Amersham then getting the tube in to Wembley.

Did the same last year and bumped into some really strange bloke who I couldn't get rid of.

We've got a pre play off cottage booked in Northants from Saturday to Tuesday....had to do something to take my mind off the game over the weekend! An hour's drive to Watford on the Monday morning, onto the Metropolitan Line and straight to Wembley....then back to the cottage after the game to celebrate...:utv::utv::utv:

So back to the actual game...
- derby fans tell me mason mount is as good as Grealish. Hope somebody out there can reassure on this
- I think hourihane was great as a sub, came on with loads of energy and application, whereas sometimes a bit meh when he starts. So got to be whelo, probably for his last game if we go up
- for me we’ve not played really well since first half vs Blackburn, while they’ve picked up momentum. Let’s hope it swings back our way. Both teams at their best and we’ll do it. Any less than 100% and twitchy bum time

Mount is a very very good player, no doubt about that. Not sure he's as good as Grealish as not seen enough of him, but if they were playing for the opposite clubs I'm sure we'd be saying the same.

Hourihane starts for me. It's all about showing intent. If he plays Whelo he's sending out the same message as Bruce did v Fulham.

I'm hoping the break will mean we see the best out of Abraham, Jack and McGinn as they've all looked slightly jaded in the last few games.

The only other decision we have is Adomah or Green or a jar of branstons pickle.

Think I'm edging towards the Branston's. Got more of an end product.

Didn't get my ticket. Absolutely gutted! It's no exageration to say we probably could have sold out our allocation twice over. Amazing support as always from the boys. Which makes me wonder why Villa haven't opened up the ground for those less fortunate. Derby are showing it at their ground for a fiver and the first pint is free. Cmon Villa pull your finger out and make it happen!

Also for me I would start Hourihane. We need to show attacking intent from the off. I think I would pick Green over Adomah as he will have alot more space to run into on the large Wembley pitch and we need his trickery and energy in those positions. The rest of the team more or less picks itself.