Match Thread: Newport County v Lincoln City | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Newport County v Lincoln City

Weak finish to the season, again, results wise. That said we could, and should, have put this game to bed with the chances we’ve had, but not even worked their ‘keeper.

One bit of quality attacking won it. We lack a ten, to make a quality chance in tight games like that...

We
Disaster!!!!

Cowleys out!!!!!!

I think a bit of us didn't feel the need to get to the levels....

Think efficiency....

We did it in 46, no need to worry about 47 and 48...
did it in 42 really, team that relies on effort struggles a bit after the target is reached

Incredibly we’d have been promoted after 39 games. Absolutely strolled through this league. Don’t think we can knock our current form at all, rather we lost 10-0 and had no injuries than played our hearts out and ended up picking up knocks.

Weak finish to the season, again, results wise. That said we could, and should, have put this game to bed with the chances we’ve had, but not even worked their ‘keeper.
But we're still champions!

Disappointing, but now's the time to have the 'bad run' , loss of focus once promotion was clinched is inevitable as the intensity's reduced since the day the league was won (at MK Dons), and more so since we won the league officially on Monday.

Only 8519 at County today - looks like the fans have given up.

Mansfield only had 6390 too - I thought that was almost a sell-out?

Our early celebrations caused by confirming promotion and the title so impressively early have inevitably taken the competitive edge off our game, especially against teams still fighting for play offs. Fine margins and all that. I hope Danny fires them up to treat Colchester as a cup final. It’s important we leave further celebrating till after that match. We want to finish the season on a high note.