How to beat Man City - CL -Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City FC (The Sky Blues) | Page 12 | Vital Football

How to beat Man City - CL -Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City FC (The Sky Blues)

I was only 3 goals out...good to win but showed our deficiencies...FBs that can’t cross....defensive MFs that don’t add to our attacking play, whether that is due to the manager’s tactics I don’t know, Alli and Eriksen out of form and not sharp.
I guess Poch played a defensive game to ensure we stayed in the tie and he has achieved that, but it’s going to be a very difficult second leg, but we have a chance.

I thought Fernandinho should have been sent off.
I really hope Eriksen step up at least for the last few games for us b4 he goes to wherever it is.

Not when everything has to be about him and his goals to the detriment of the team.

The whole thing has got a bit unhealthy IMO , and once again the shackles seem to come off some players when he's not around.

Just my opinion of course.

We need Harry on the pitch. It could be a case of sharing the bias during the game. Kane could drop a little deeper for brief spells to give Sonny some room. Harry is good from MF , strong, good passer. I don't think it's a huge problem, just a minor tactical tweak.

This should at least put a stop to the crap that we can't ever sign a forward because we have Kane.

It's like the spammers saying they can't ever sign a forward because they have Andy Carroll.
They didn’t even have a forward when they signed Andy
Carroll. !!!!!!! :wahey: Saying that , I see he is out for the he season again .

Really pissed off that we only scored one......shows that when they are bullied they have to resort to dirty tactics...feckin hell, we were so so much better than them and had real desire and heart ...well done the lads...fortress 'The New Lane' is off to a great start!

Massive, massive improvement on recent performances. We were organised, determined and more confident.

The penalty was a complete joke and I have no idea how Fernandinho keeps getting away with all the shit he pulls. He should have been given several yellows and a red for what he did to Kane.

Kane's injury was gutting but it was fucking stupid on Kane's part. I have no idea why he was going in so hard there and he really needs to adjust the way he goes into tackles because he keeps having his ankle rolled.

We need Harry on the pitch. It could be a case of sharing the bias during the game. Kane could drop a little deeper for brief spells to give Sonny some room. Harry is good from MF , strong, good passer. I don't think it's a huge problem, just a minor tactical tweak.

That's immaterial, he's out yet again, this time for the rest of the season.

Ever heard of the expression injury prone, I doubt he'll do 25 PL games a season again.

Really pissed off that we only scored one......shows that when they are bullied they have to resort to dirty tactics...feckin hell, we were so so much better than them and had real desire and heart ...well done the lads...fortress 'The New Lane' is off to a great start!

Absolutely. What hurts is that we had some very good chances but composure deserted us. Hence my several single-liner posts, "CLINICAL"!!

I realise they will throw everything at us in the return leg, but if we can at least replicate the desire and graft, we can do it. They can ill-afford to concede at the Etihad.

IMO opinion only one manager made bad decisions tonight . Whatever , we beat MC Not many teams can say that . Don’t think Hugo had a great deal to do . Defence was really good .
That ex ref on Bt sport is a dick a

So going back to the tread title, how did we beat City?

IMO, partly helped by Pep's setup and mostly due to Poch's counter tactics. Aguero was almost shut out in the 1st half, Mahrez offered nothing and Sterling was kept quiet too. Our usual suspect defence rose to the challenge and imo put in their collective best. Also, I thought (despite what other said during the game) Sissoko was immense.

Apart from a moment of individual brilliance from Son, the TEAM (inc Poch) did it.

IMO opinion only one manager made bad decisions tonight . Whatever , we beat MC Not many teams can say that . Don’t think Hugo had a great deal to do . Defence was really good .
That ex ref on Bt sport is a dick a

He shows exactly why VAR is the biggest pile of wank ever.

Shit refs upstairs as well as on the pitch, what on earth could go wrong ???????????

Alli hasn't been good enough to be missed. We'll be better placed to score on the counter up there with Lucas playing instead.

They showed some of our attacking moves in the after match discussion and Alli was involved in most. He also had the composure with his back to goal to bring Eriksen into play who assisted Sonny for the goal. It wasn't an obvious performance by Dele but perhaps under the radar a little. He was getting stuck in and winning free kicks .