How to beat Man City - CL -Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City FC (The Sky Blues) | Page 14 | Vital Football

How to beat Man City - CL -Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City FC (The Sky Blues)

What a win! Whole defence plus Hugo were brilliant.

Still put favourites but we now know if we get an away goal which I think we are capable of they will need 3 to win it. We are still in it! Which to be honest I didn't expect us to be.

Just a big shame with Harry, don't care what anyone says about Son playing better/stepping up - which he does but it's still a big, big loss for us.

Shame about Harry, I feel for the lad, as it was ankle injuries that scuttled my playing days (Sunday league, here in the US, before anyone gets excited). Ankle ligament injuries are a gift of increasing returns - after you've had one, a second, third and fourth come much easier (like concussions!). Big loss, but not as big a worry as

I saw the game highlights and I liked the way we let our presence be felt when they had the ball (kudos to whoever it was on here that said we should rough them up and unsettle them).

My fear now is that Poch sets the team up to defend our lead on the away leg. First off, the line-up we'll face will look more like the team City left the pitch with than the one they started the game with (DeBruyne and Sane to start). Secondly they'll also have their 12th man behind them (their fans) as much as we had ours on our side last night! I hope he gets it right. We'll need to play the perfect or near perfect match in the second leg; adapt quickly to changes they make throughout, again, choke their play makers off rattle their cages if they have to (do you hear me Mr. Sissoko); BTW hasn't Sissoko become the force that Wanyama once was, I'm loving his energy! We've been a better than decent away team, I'm expecting us to carry on being that!

Well done you Spurs!!

Come on You Spurs!

Shame about Harry, I feel for the lad, as it was ankle injuries that scuttled my playing days (Sunday league, here in the US, before anyone gets excited). Ankle ligament injuries are a gift of increasing returns - after you've had one, a second, third and fourth come much easier (like concussions!). Big loss, but not as big a worry as

I saw the game highlights and I liked the way we let our presence be felt when they had the ball (kudos to whoever it was on here that said we should rough them up and unsettle them).

My fear now is that Poch sets the team up to defend our lead on the away leg. First off, the line-up we'll face will look more like the team City left the pitch with than the one they started the game with (DeBruyne and Sane to start). Secondly they'll also have their 12th man behind them (their fans) as much as we had ours on our side last night! I hope he gets it right. We'll need to play the perfect or near perfect match in the second leg; adapt quickly to changes they make throughout, again, choke their play makers off rattle their cages if they have to (do you hear me Mr. Sissoko); BTW hasn't Sissoko become the force that Wanyama once was, I'm loving his energy! We've been a better than decent away team, I'm expecting us to carry on being that!

Well done you Spurs!!

Come on You Spurs!
Good assessment all round. I have some sympathy with the ankle injury. I'm gonna tell the truth if someone offered us 170m euros for Harry I'd take it. He should also consider the less physical La liga. If I'm honest I still expect the flaws I sited pre game to do for us in the second leg but the lads have given us a nice week of dreaming that maybe...just maybe...

I hope poor Harry doesn't end up as a sick-note player like Andy Carroll & Darren Anderton. Perhaps he needs a proper summer break with no England football so his ligaments recover.I sometimes think he is his own worst enemy by rushing back for duty because he wants to be top scorer every year.

He shows exactly why VAR is the biggest pile of wank ever.

Shit refs upstairs as well as on the pitch, what on earth could go wrong ???????????
Chiv, He even said the shitty midfield thugs forearm smash on the the back of Harry, s head only looked bad because it was seen in slow motion . !!!!!!!!
Do these idiots actually believe the crap they come out with

I hope poor Harry doesn't end up as a sick-note player like Andy Carroll & Darren Anderton. Perhaps he needs a proper summer break with no England football so his ligaments recover.I sometimes think he is his own worst enemy by rushing back for duty because he wants to be top scorer every year.
Sincerely hope his next proper game is a pre season friendly for us and even then he should only play for twenty minutes . Second game for 45 mins and maybe 60 for the third .
If we allow him anywhere near any of England’s games in June then someone needs sacking

Not bad... But I'd always leave one shooter on the pitch....

Tripp-Snchz-Toby-Vert-Davies
Winks-Sissoko-Victor-Rose
------------Son---------------

Only leaving Sonny in there cause ya never know, we might get a chance on the counter.... :)

Like your post X , although I think it is going a bit hung ho

I realize playing Sonny is a wee bit aggressive, but I think we have to account for the potential we could actually get a scoring chance or two in the match. Counting on Sissoko to finish it is a bit much I think.

Wouldn’t that just be the icing on the cake though and really cement his transformation as an undroppable part of the team .