Not quite the match thread. | Page 5 | Vital Football

Not quite the match thread.

We have no footballing style now, we don't dominate any period of a game even against struggling sides. Today sounded truly horrible we didn't do hardly anything right, players seem to not want to play it around just get it forward fast.

Play offs are done, I'm not sure Mon is the man to take us on I wouldn't trust him with transfers in the summer.

We need to think about next season and focus on a core that will actually be here to get a head start. No point playing players who won't be here e.g. Colback (too good for us) and random loan players e.g. Wague, Janko, Pele etc.

I would be amazed to see Lolley stay but Grabban's achilles might keep him here. It's gonna take some sorting.

We've had some good debates in the past but for some reason you seem to want to cosy up to some of the others for approval by throwing insults and then crying victim when, shock horror, you get a bit back.

You don't like me, put me on ignore and do me a favour. Until you do that, you can shove your comments about me as far up your arse as they will go
?

Pitiful. Lost again. Only 3 away wins all season. I'm glad we're not making the top-six. We'd only embarrass ourselves in the play-offs.

We need to think about next season and focus on a core that will actually be here to get a head start. No point playing players who won't be here e.g. Colback (too good for us) and random loan players e.g. Wague, Janko, Pele etc.

I would be amazed to see Lolley stay but Grabban's achilles might keep him here. It's gonna take some sorting.
There needs to be a massive clear out of some of the old guard.

The likes of Osborn have to move on. Maybe Cash deserves another season as he can score. We aren't going to win anything with Darikwa at right back or Robinson left back.

We aren't going to win anything without a single proper winger or just Grabban who can score.

Build the team around Carvalho, and I hate to say it but if this manager won't do that we need one that will

Forget any notion of sneaking into the play offs, if you can’t win 2 games on the trot then you aren’t going up. More to the point you don’t deserve to go up. When Grabban is recovering from injury and you are relying on old man Murphy to get you goals, then you are in trouble. Martin you’ve got your work cut out for you, but number 1 is to put the cart horse ? out to grass ?

Is that FF59 posting his final post on here AGAIN

Sell Lolley for a decent whack..and re-invest only way we will improve. Ge some quality loans in as well.
It won't be a decent whack though. £12m maybe. No way can we replace what he gives for £12m. We are a one man team. Look what happened to Ipswich when they got rid of their best players for League One replacements

I wouldnt pay 3 million for Lolley. flashes of brilliance but cant cross the ball to save his life and hes supposed to be a winger. easy to read, come in on left foot n try n shoot. same as cash. all so one dimensional

Why is that nonsense?

How often do you pick up a player of the importance and talent of Lolley on the cheap?

We spent more than that on Carvalho and he isn't as important as Lolley remotely.

have to be realistic Pope. hes brought what? 5 goals, 5 assists? all season? Thats all we have to actually replace

The worst aspect of today was our awful defending. Pants was jittery and can't be giving the defence any confidence. We knew what was coming, with an aerial bombardment, but we simply couldn't cope. What do they do in training?

Save a period in the first half, after the equaliser, we didn't pass the ball anywhere near well enough. We resort to playing long balls and throws into the box, like Rotherham. Plus we are second to the loose balls, getting out-muscled on numerous occasions. Thought the referee was an absolute 'homer', shocking, but we didn't help ourselves and it's little wonder we lost that game.