The glass half empty trend on here | Page 2 | Vital Football

The glass half empty trend on here

Spesh - great post.

In many ways the perfect storm is behind us now. The squad is mostly fit and available for selection. The manager speculation is hopefully over especially the constant misinterpretation of interview commentary turned into the negative connotation on here day after day. Whilst the latent effect of the transfer impotency had an eventual negative impact on performances, nothing we can do about it now either. Same with the fixture scheduling as the FA, Premier League and UEFA optimise revenues at our expense. Poch is back in the dugout and whilst Mike Dean will get what's coming to him when we next see him, that incident is also over for now.

We're about to head into the new stadium and now need to take one game at a time, hopefully going back under the radar with the gutter press and red tinted media. Time for positivity.

Direct from Wikipedia......love this quote from Poch's page

Pochettino believes in "energía universal" (English: universal energy), the idea that people, places and things are charged with a hidden energy, positive or negative. "I believe in energía universal", he said. "It is connected. Nothing happens for causality. It is always a consequence [of something else]. Maybe, it is one of the reasons that Harry [Kane] always scores in derbies. I believe in that energy. For me, it exists"

Whilst what is written on forums is honest, the most important thing is the fans home and away do their bit and drive nothing but positivity into the players on the pitch. Be the 12th man.
This is unfortunately gibberish. Unscientific gibberish at that. It's not universal energy that turned and kept Roger Federer into a champion. It's Preparation, mentality and single minded commitment. Yes we are all connected and as such our actions are interconnected. But sadly like prayer other than a placebo effect really really wanting something to be so means nothing. Let me put it this way under Ramos and AVB what did your positivity change? There is a study I read that said fans in a stadium (the nosier the bigger effect on results but it was small). Over the years the paying fans can effect a very small incremental up tick in results. What we write will not alter anything. I personally enjoy the mix of views because that's life. It would be boring if everyone saw it the same way.

This is unfortunately gibberish. Unscientific gibberish at that. It's not universal energy that turned and kept Roger Federer into a champion. It's Preparation, mentality and single minded commitment. Yes we are all connected and as such our actions are interconnected. But sadly like prayer other than a placebo effect really really wanting something to be so means nothing. Let me put it this way under Ramos and AVB what did your positivity change? There is a study I read that said fans in a stadium (the nosier the bigger effect on results but it was small). Over the years the paying fans can effect a very small incremental up tick in results. What we write will not alter anything. I personally enjoy the mix of views because that's life. It would be boring if everyone saw it the same way.

Not sure about sci-ency stuff, but going home tonight to a full loud stadium after a 1 and 3/4 seasons of being away will definitely impact the game positively. its a home coming, and to be greeted by the love of fans will be required... a kin to a warm welcome from family as apposed to coming home to no-one and darkness...

It is the time for the uprising of the Spurs... COYS

Be interesting to see whether that book spoke about crowds and referees. As someone that has taken bias training in the workplace, I'm a strong believer that what we see often on the pitch with referees is in the area of unconscious bias. If one of our players is touched and the entire crowd goes mental like happens at the big clubs, the referee is perceived to more likely give the foul and even the yellow card. The other way round with a small away contingent may not happen. The referees don't even know they are expressing unconscious bias and being inconsistent. I see way too many examples of it.

As for positive and negative energy, you may well be right. When you think back through history, everything was unscientific until humans found a way to make it logical i.e. science. With some of this stuff that we call unscientific there is still a part of me that thinks that we just haven't found ways yet. I'm thinking that if these footballers believed in it, whether true of not, it will help their mentality. That outcome is surely the most important thing.

Be interesting to see whether that book spoke about crowds and referees. As someone that has taken bias training in the workplace, I'm a strong believer that what we see often on the pitch with referees is in the area of unconscious bias. If one of our players is touched and the entire crowd goes mental like happens at the big clubs, the referee is perceived to more likely give the foul and even the yellow card. The other way round with a small away contingent may not happen. The referees don't even know they are expressing unconscious bias and being inconsistent. I see way too many examples of it.

As for positive and negative energy, you may well be right. When you think back through history, everything was unscientific until humans found a way to make it logical i.e. science. With some of this stuff that we call unscientific there is still a part of me that thinks that we just haven't found ways yet. I'm thinking that if these footballers believed in it, whether true of not, it will help their mentality. That outcome is surely the most important thing.
Yes and no mate, nor would it be unscientific to believe a positive confident mental attitude would impact a players performance. This is very different to what the poster implied,that negativity on a forum would have ANY impact at all. This is absurd and the universal energy stuff is just another belife system like Voodoo. That's not what you suggest. Unconscious bias in referees is certainly real and probably quantifiable.

Yes and no mate, nor would it be unscientific to believe a positive confident mental attitude would impact a players performance. This is very different to what the poster implied,that negativity on a forum would have ANY impact at all. This is absurd and the universal energy stuff is just another belife system like Voodoo. That's not what you suggest. Unconscious bias in referees is certainly real and probably quantifiable.

lol - I'll still keep having positive thoughts when I'm standing over my golf ball. I'll depend on kinetic energy for the rest :-)

I know I have the mental power to influence a game which is why I can't watch us taking a penalty. Similarly if Kane is one on one with the keeper I hide under the table in case I put him off. I am writing this from the home for the bewildered ,Tottenham - on- Sea, darkest Sussex.

lol - I'll still keep having positive thoughts when I'm standing over my golf ball. I'll depend on kinetic energy for the rest :-)
Lots of positive thoughts about my golf shots this morning and vocal encouragement to the ball in flight....unfortunately as Peter Alliss once observed commentating on The Open some of the players didn't have listening balls...same here. I think our forwards have the same problem.

Lots of positive thoughts about my golf shots this morning and vocal encouragement to the ball in flight....unfortunately as Peter Alliss once observed commentating on The Open some of the players didn't have listening balls...same here. I think our forwards have the same problem.

I will dust off my sticks and see if any positive energy can be chanelled into my game in the spring sunshine!

Now as much as I understand this is a forum and an place for opinion and discussion, I often read through comments, esp after a defeat like Sunday and wonder whether I'm on a different page?

Yes, Spurs as a club have a tendency to cock things up (no pun intended) and we are accustomed to missing out when the going gets tough, but it seems there are very few, myself and NRD to name two that despite what's thrown at us supporters, try to be balanced and if not a little more optimistic than a lot of views here.

Can we not collectively pull together and channel all this frustration into positivity going into our new stadium tomorrow night for the first time!?

Being realistic, I was looking at the remaining fixtures and see the following 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th potential banana skins where points could be dropped:

WEEK 32:
WOLV - MAN U (possible :banana:)
SPURS - CPAL

WEEK 33:
EVE - ARS (possible :banana:)
CHEL - WEST H (possible :banana:)

WEEK 34:
SPURS - HUDD
MAN U - WEST H
LIV - CHEL (possible :banana:) - Liv win would be massive for us

WEEK 35:
CITY - SPURS (I have this down as a loss)
WOLV - ARSE
MAN U - CITY (possible :banana:) - City win would be massive for us

WEEK 36:
SPURS - WEST H (we can't let them win on our new turf!)
MANU - CHEL (possible :banana:) - A draw here would be a result for us
LEIC - ARSE (possible :banana:)

WEEK 37:
BMTH - SPURS
ARSE - BRIGHTON
CHEL - WATFORD
HUDD - MAN U
Predicting obvious wins here but you never know..?

WEEK 38:
BURNLEY - ARSE (possible :banana:)
MAN UTD - CARDIFF
LEIC - CHELSEA (possible :banana:)
SPURS - EVE

You see, plenty to feel positive about looking at the above scenarios!

So far I’m 2/2 with my banana skins!
:wahey:

Its all about expectation really. If you were expecting us to finish 6th the glass will be half full, if you were wanting to win the title it will be half empty.

I' m catching up with a girlfriend on Thursday, flying down to see her. My glass is half full, I have no expectations about my performance I'm just hoping to get in the pitch'...

Its all about expectation really. If you were expecting us to finish 6th the glass will be half full, if you were wanting to win the title it will be half empty.

I' m catching up with a girlfriend on Thursday, flying down to see her. My glass is half full, I have no expectations about my performance I'm just hoping to get in the pitch'...
Good luck...perhaps the high press would be a good tactic.