The glass half empty trend on here | Vital Football

The glass half empty trend on here

Spesh-Spur

Vital 1st Team Regular
Now as much as I understand this is a forum and an place for opinion and discussion, I often read through comments, esp after a defeat like Sunday and wonder whether I'm on a different page?

Yes, Spurs as a club have a tendency to cock things up (no pun intended) and we are accustomed to missing out when the going gets tough, but it seems there are very few, myself and NRD to name two that despite what's thrown at us supporters, try to be balanced and if not a little more optimistic than a lot of views here.

Can we not collectively pull together and channel all this frustration into positivity going into our new stadium tomorrow night for the first time!?

Being realistic, I was looking at the remaining fixtures and see the following 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th potential banana skins where points could be dropped:

WEEK 32:
WOLV - MAN U (possible :banana:)
SPURS - CPAL

WEEK 33:
EVE - ARS (possible :banana:)
CHEL - WEST H (possible :banana:)

WEEK 34:
SPURS - HUDD
MAN U - WEST H
LIV - CHEL (possible :banana:) - Liv win would be massive for us

WEEK 35:
CITY - SPURS (I have this down as a loss)
WOLV - ARSE
MAN U - CITY (possible :banana:) - City win would be massive for us

WEEK 36:
SPURS - WEST H (we can't let them win on our new turf!)
MANU - CHEL (possible :banana:) - A draw here would be a result for us
LEIC - ARSE (possible :banana:)

WEEK 37:
BMTH - SPURS
ARSE - BRIGHTON
CHEL - WATFORD
HUDD - MAN U
Predicting obvious wins here but you never know..?

WEEK 38:
BURNLEY - ARSE (possible :banana:)
MAN UTD - CARDIFF
LEIC - CHELSEA (possible :banana:)
SPURS - EVE

You see, plenty to feel positive about looking at the above scenarios!

Last edited:
Spesh - great post.

In many ways the perfect storm is behind us now. The squad is mostly fit and available for selection. The manager speculation is hopefully over especially the constant misinterpretation of interview commentary turned into the negative connotation on here day after day. Whilst the latent effect of the transfer impotency had an eventual negative impact on performances, nothing we can do about it now either. Same with the fixture scheduling as the FA, Premier League and UEFA optimise revenues at our expense. Poch is back in the dugout and whilst Mike Dean will get what's coming to him when we next see him, that incident is also over for now.

We're about to head into the new stadium and now need to take one game at a time, hopefully going back under the radar with the gutter press and red tinted media. Time for positivity.

Direct from Wikipedia......love this quote from Poch's page

Pochettino believes in "energía universal" (English: universal energy), the idea that people, places and things are charged with a hidden energy, positive or negative. "I believe in energía universal", he said. "It is connected. Nothing happens for causality. It is always a consequence [of something else]. Maybe, it is one of the reasons that Harry [Kane] always scores in derbies. I believe in that energy. For me, it exists"

Whilst what is written on forums is honest, the most important thing is the fans home and away do their bit and drive nothing but positivity into the players on the pitch. Be the 12th man.

Brilliant post! So much short-termism and negativity on this site, with users just waiting and desperate for Spurs to fail so they can pipe up and feel justified. So frustrating! We're in a dip right now but you have to see the bigger picture.

Thinking ahead to the remainder of this season, the new stadium will no doubt give us the boost we need. I believe we'll get the points we need and teams around us will drop points between now and the end as well. Keep believing!

Brilliant post! So much short-termism and negativity on this site, with users just waiting and desperate for Spurs to fail so they can pipe up and feel justified. So frustrating! We're in a dip right now but you have to see the bigger picture.

Thinking ahead to the remainder of this season, the new stadium will no doubt give us the boost we need. I believe we'll get the points we need and teams around us will drop points between now and the end as well. Keep believing!
I understand your point Walmsley and I agree to a certain extent but when we keep getting kicked in the teeth by this team repeating the same stupid mistakes and throwing away games it's hard to be positive. One point from five games and throwing away a 10 point lead is hardly a dip is it. Hopefully,as you say,the new stadium will be our turning point.

Spesh - great post.

In many ways the perfect storm is behind us now. The squad is mostly fit and available for selection. The manager speculation is hopefully over especially the constant misinterpretation of interview commentary turned into the negative connotation on here day after day. Whilst the latent effect of the transfer impotency had an eventual negative impact on performances, nothing we can do about it now either. Same with the fixture scheduling as the FA, Premier League and UEFA optimise revenues at our expense. Poch is back in the dugout and whilst Mike Dean will get what's coming to him when we next see him, that incident is also over for now.

We're about to head into the new stadium and now need to take one game at a time, hopefully going back under the radar with the gutter press and red tinted media. Time for positivity.

Direct from Wikipedia......love this quote from Poch's page

Pochettino believes in "energía universal" (English: universal energy), the idea that people, places and things are charged with a hidden energy, positive or negative. "I believe in energía universal", he said. "It is connected. Nothing happens for causality. It is always a consequence [of something else]. Maybe, it is one of the reasons that Harry [Kane] always scores in derbies. I believe in that energy. For me, it exists"

Whilst what is written on forums is honest, the most important thing is the fans home and away do their bit and drive nothing but positivity into the players on the pitch. Be the 12th man.
I had a life changing event at the age of 18/19 in hospital and I would agree that enough people channeling their thoughts towards the good, can only be a great thing.

I’m not religious but I believe in positive energy, just like that time when I was younger.
So let’s all be a little bit more positive shall we!?

...please

I understand your point Walmsley and I agree to a certain extent but when we keep getting kicked in the teeth by this team repeating the same stupid mistakes and throwing away games it's hard to be positive. One point from five games and throwing away a 10 point lead is hardly a dip is it. Hopefully,as you say,the new stadium will be our turning point.
Yes a bit more than a dip, granted. But a bit more positivity from the fanbase can only help the team. From observing the fans on this site, as opposed to other Spurs sites, this recent poor run has brought all the negative fans out of the woodwork, and they're dragging others into their negativity. Let's see what the last 7 games bring. So many simply writing off the rest of the season. How is that gonna help? That's hardly 'support' either!

Greaves,there's a difference between positivity & lunacy.Try & stay on the right side of the line. Oops -here come the men in white coats knocking on my door again.

If you want unbridled positivity then perhaps the Forum is the wrong place and the other side of the site is better for you...lots and lots of positivity over there.

We’ve had this debate so many times and the point 80 is making is a good one. To that end Spesh stating reasons to be happy/ confident is a good post and expression of his thoughts and is an analysis giving facts and an interpretation of those facts ie: a list of matches and his predictions of possible outcomes.

Personally, I think it is equally valid to point out that we have lost 4 of our last 5 league games, 2 against relegation candidates and in only one have we played any type of football for 40 minutes or so...and still lost.

Pushing the new stadium as a big boost could turn out to be true or equally it could be just the same as the initial move to Wembley and it will be just as difficult to adapt to the new surroundings....hopefully that’s not the case, but it remains to be seen. We shall know more after tomorrow’s game when if the optimism is to begin to be justified we should have a convincing win against average to poor opponents.

We all know our past record when push comes to shove at the sharp end of the season....we haven’t delivered and while past performance is no guarantee of future performance I will only be optimistic when Poch and the team deliver because I am tired of raising my hopes and having them dashed by the club that I have supported for over 60 years. I’ll nelieve it when I see it.

So there states my point, UTD drop 3 points at first asking. So come on, let’s get behind our team and sort this fucking shit out FFS!!!

We all know we are ALL 100% behind the team. It is 80s job to manage the trolls that creep in now an then. Get em 80!!