The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Really - last season? Now there is a real nucleus of a team that could stay in the PL - if the owners can't see that and make it happen then what's the point? Let them all go to mid table PL fodder teams and leave Villa to build a team to finish 12'th again. Jesus.

Tuanzebe, Mings, Hause, Grealish, McGinn, Abraham and a flying El Ghazi.

Agree 100% that the owners should do absolutely everything within reason to ensure as many of those players you listed as possible are with us next season, even if it's on loan again. That said - should be able to offer some of them improved financial deals if the salaries I listed are correct.

Completely different to last years team. All young, motivated players with their best years ahead of them.

Realistically, we may struggle just to keep JG and SJM, let alone sign the loan players. That's the reality of where we find ourselves currently - a mid table championship team with a Premier League support, facilities and a glorious history that is unfortunately meaningless to most modern footballers. Any signings we make have to see the long game and believe we can emulate what Wolves have achieved so far.

Don't know about exciting, I think this summer's transfer window will be as stressful as the season itself.

Tammy we have no chance, if Manure are willing to let Tuanzebe go then this indicates he is injury prone and we should dodge it, Mings we could probably get for a certain price, El Ghazi can go back, not worth the signing, Hause we may be able to buy and as for Jack and McGinn if anyone comes in for them they should be told to f**k off swiftly and firmly.

I hope we don't drag our feet in this window, deals need to be done and dusted as quick as possible.

Tammy we have no chance, if Manure are willing to let Tuanzebe go then this indicates he is injury prone and we should dodge it, Mings we could probably get for a certain price, El Ghazi can go back, not worth the signing, Hause we may be able to buy and as for Jack and McGinn if anyone comes in for them they should be told to f**k off swiftly and firmly.

I hope we don't drag our feet in this window, deals need to be done and dusted as quick as possible.

Here's my take on it for what it's worth. Things rarely happen quickly if players have options.

Can't see Tuanzebe breaking into United's first team after another injury hampered season so maybe available on loan again.

Can see one of the promoted/mid table teams taking Abraham.

If fit, Bournemouth will keep Mings or again sell to the above Premier League teams.

Think Hause and El Ghazi would be available if wanted. I would take both.

Can see some serious offers for JG coming in and possibly Leicester for SJM. If the players want to go, they will be sold. Think Kodjia will be off too.

Hope we've got some alternatives lined up. Replacing Jack and Tammy will be difficult to say the least. Can see someone like Maupay arriving personally.

I'd be disappointed to lose Mings. Captain in waiting and the next Virgil Van Dijk.
I would make him captain now. He started acting like a captain in his first game for us. He has presence on the pitch, shows great passion and if he was made captain it might involve him more in the club and get him as a permanant signing.

Here's my take on it for what it's worth. Things rarely happen quickly if players have options.

Can't see Tuanzebe breaking into United's first team after another injury hampered season so maybe available on loan again.

Can see one of the promoted/mid table teams taking Abraham.

If fit, Bournemouth will keep Mings or again sell to the above Premier League teams.

Think Hause and El Ghazi would be available if wanted. I would take both.

Can see some serious offers for JG coming in and possibly Leicester for SJM. If the players want to go, they will be sold. Think Kodjia will be off too.

Hope we've got some alternatives lined up. Replacing Jack and Tammy will be difficult to say the least. Can see someone like Maupay arriving personally.
I hope your incomings are wrong:eek!: and I just hope that our best players don't get sucked into playing for a shitty small mid table or one that is going to come straight back down again -

Last edited:
A year ago I said that in 5 years time we would watch as captain Jack Grealish lifted the European Cup for us. But I did say Xia would be looking on as well. So might not be that accurate.

Bottom line: we haven't the faintest what will happen in the summer, how things will stack up. So while not building up our hopes too much, it's OK still to have hopes.

A year ago I said that in 5 years time we would watch as captain Jack Grealish lifted the European Cup for us. But I did say Xia would be looking on as well. So might not be that accurate.

Bottom line: we haven't the faintest what will happen in the summer, how things will stack up. So while not building up our hopes too much, it's OK still to have hopes.

Do you believe in the Villa ?

Then get rid of all the deadwood, this is Aston Villa ffs. None of the players mentioned will be targeted by any club in the PL that are remotely as big as Aston Villa. One or two of them will be funded by Richards going out the door. People say Dean Smith is a team builder - well he maybe but at Walsall and Brentford. There is the nucleus of a good side there that could perhaps survive a season in the PL and should be kept together.
when you say get rid of dead would how do you think they can get rid if players are in contract ?? you cant just say oh we bought you give you a contract but we have since changed our minds .if it was as easy as just getting rid im sure they would have got rid of a lot of players
if there dead wood it means there not playing or not playing well so its not like we can sell them

Agree 100% that the owners should do absolutely everything within reason to ensure as many of those players you listed as possible are with us next season, even if it's on loan again. That said - should be able to offer some of them improved financial deals if the salaries I listed are correct.

With every game, this is becoming more and more important to the future of the club IMO.

Completely different to last years team. All young, motivated players with their best years ahead of them.

Realistically, we may struggle just to keep JG and SJM, let alone sign the loan players. That's the reality of where we find ourselves currently - a mid table championship team with a Premier League support, facilities and a glorious history that is unfortunately meaningless to most modern footballers. Any signings we make have to see the long game and believe we can emulate what Wolves have achieved so far.

Don't know about exciting, I think this summer's transfer window will be as stressful as the season itself.

Our wage bill is 107% of income, so I doubt very much anyone will be offered an improved contract if we stay in the championship, northampton.
If we go up, even for just one season, as long as the contracts signed are financially sensible for the club, with wages dropping to championship average, if we got relegated. I'd agree that signing Mings, Hause, Tuanzebe, El Ghazi and Carroll would be a good move, especially as we'd have zero chance of signing Abraham.
We have signed the French lad Guilibert, a right back and Bree is apparently playing well at Ipswich, so we could probably get a fee for Elmo but Hutton is out of contract.
No matter what happens I think we will see the sale of Grealish and McGinn to finance the buys. We will have to look at getting in some young cheap foreign lads I think.

Our wage bill is 107% of income, so I doubt very much anyone will be offered an improved contract if we stay in the championship, northampton.
If we go up, even for just one season, as long as the contracts signed are financially sensible for the club, with wages dropping to championship average, if we got relegated. I'd agree that signing Mings, Hause, Tuanzebe, El Ghazi and Carroll would be a good move, especially as we'd have zero chance of signing Abraham.
We have signed the French lad Guilibert, a right back and Bree is apparently playing well at Ipswich, so we could probably get a fee for Elmo but Hutton is out of contract.
No matter what happens I think we will see the sale of Grealish and McGinn to finance the buys. We will have to look at getting in some young cheap foreign lads I think.

Are you saying even if we go up you think the both Supers will be sold

Thanks 58. You've got a great future as an umbrella salesman :eek!:. Keep away from my chips. :grinning:

If we go up then both Grealish and Mcginn will stay. No chance these owners let them go if we're in the top league. I also think we'd see Hause, Mings, El Ghazi and maybe even Axel signed on permanent deals.

If we don't go up then Grealish will go. I think we'll need to sell him for ffp but at least we'll probably get a big fee for him. That and other big earners leaving this summer should give us the chance to rebuild. Above all else I'd move heaven and earth to sign Hause and Mings permanently and to keep mcginn.

Then it's a matter of try to move out more big earners who don't do anything for us, getting some smart buys in and integrating the best of our youth.

Are you saying even if we go up you think the both Supers will be sold

Unfortunately I can see that possibility OVB.
I think it would all depend on the financial position.
We are losing a number of players at the end of their contracts this summer, plus we have 5 or 6 players in on loan, so we are going to have to virtually rebuild a whole team.
What we'd get for Grealish and McGinn would let us pay for Guilibert and buy Mings, Hause, Tuanzebe, Carroll, El Ghazi, Despodov and Maupay.