Another one bites the dust! (pt II) | Page 5 | Vital Football

Another one bites the dust! (pt II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds very similar to how Jewell left us except he waited until the end of the season. Fitting really the similarities considering the lifelong legacy both managers have left at their respective “smaller clubs”.

Jewell saw the job through however, he didn't bail when it got a bit dicey. Career went downhill mind once he had left.

According to Huddersfield's chairman Dean Hoyle it was Wagner's decision to leave.

"As I have said previously, I had no intention of sacking David this season. Subsequently, David - being the great man he is - came to us and made it clear that he needs a break from the rigours of football management. "

FFS, the managers are getting as bad as the soft arse players, they've only played 22 bloody games, tired my arse, try doing a proper job you idle get.

FFS, the managers are getting as bad as the soft arse players, they've only played 22 bloody games, tired my arse, try doing a proper job you idle get.

To be fair for a manager i bet there is not enough hours in the day to do everything they want, it's bound to be all consuming and the pressure will be huge.

While they may not be doing a job like any of the fans and are paid well to be involved in a game we love - but everyone at the clubs careers or livlyhoods could be on the line depending how well you do, you are directly responsible for spending millions of pounds and you have to manage a large group of personalities constantly on and off the pitch and a run of bad results could see you out of work - it is a massively stressful and difficult job that could take it's toll on anyone.

270d.png
CLUB STATEMENT | The football club wishes to announce that the manager Steve Evans and Assistant Manager Paul Raynor have been released from their contracts with immediate effect.

FERGUSON APPOINTED | The football club can confirm the appointment of Darren Ferguson as manager until the end of the season.

Why Paul Cook hasn't as yet appeared on this list is beyond me. Blackburn, for me our benchmark from last season, are challenging for the playoffs.
Meanwhile we must hope that Ipswich (asset stripped), Bolton (in financial meltdown) and Rotherham (scraped up through playoffs and lower budget than us) are shitter than us to the end of the season to stay up.
Shocking state of affairs

In truth, we are probably a top League 1 club in terms of budget and attendances and sad to say ambition of the owners.

In truth, we are probably a top League 1 club in terms of budget and attendances and sad to say ambition of the owners.
If the fees detailed previously are correct for Windass, Kipre, Garner and Lopes we are far from the lowest championship budget and the largest budget of the 3 promoted clubs.
The issue is one of club wide underachievement

If the fees detailed previously are correct for Windass, Kipre, Garner and Lopes we are far from the lowest championship budget and the largest budget of the 3 promoted clubs.
The issue is one of club wide underachievement

it's all hear say though isn't it we know nothing of wages paid to individuals despite figures stated on here picked up in conversation in Harry's bar no doubt

it's all hear say though isn't it we know nothing of wages paid to individuals despite figures stated on here picked up in conversation in Harry's bar no doubt
Don't frequent Harry's Martinez however we clearly paid good cash for the individuals noted and the point remains valid

Graham Barrow resigned couple days ago at Wrexham, went to uni in Wrexham and went to a few matches, followed them casually since and it's been a messy few seasons.

Close to promotion last year but fell down the table after Keates went to Walsall, looked like the same would happen this season when Ricketts went to Shrews. Barrow was the assistant and didn't want the managers job, so he signed an extension to keep him on as assistant, shortly after he was made manager. Still in a chance of the play-offs and although they're 5th and had a bad run recently, are only 4 points behind the leaders but resigned as he wasn't enjoying it and got a shoddy 3 line statement from the club. https://t.co/6HVmsqVp0L

Status
Not open for further replies.