Another one bites the dust! (pt II) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Another one bites the dust! (pt II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree ZAKKI it is a disgrace. I think the race for riches higher up the leagues is clouding Chairman's views.
The likes of Charlton, Scunthorpe etc sacking Managers at the 1st sign of a blip. The same i suppose could be said of Sharpe sacking Caldwell.
But anyway it must be hard for the likes of Scunthorpe, their Chairman like a few others in League 1 and 2 have invested in their clubs to try and get to the Championship.
Then they find themselves up against Latics and Blackburn with bigger budgets and a more attractive proposition for any transfer targets.
Last season Sheff Utd got their act together and dominated the league. They also had local minnows bolton to contend with.
Obviously you get a smaller well run club like Burton and this season Shrewsbury getting in the way but ultimately the bigger clubs will dominate.

I fully agree but where will they get anyone who's knocking about at the moment who is any better than Alexander

Roslers out of work. So is Gary Caldwell and if they're really desperate Owen "Bloody" Coyle is available :eek: .
A who's who of former Latics managers.

Richard O'Donnell gets another manager .... Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink given the heave ho.

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/jfh0418/

Chinese investment failing to improve a club ?

I think Fleetwood owed Sheridan a chance at starting next year as their manager after the amazing job he's done turning them around. To lose out to the unstable and untried Barton must be a even bigger kick in the teeth after what he's done. But hopefully this can work in our favour and Sheridan will be fed up plus players all a bit up in the air meaning their focus isnt on Saturday like it wouldve been prior to the news.

Bizarre appointment for me. He is such an odious individual and universally despised character. His past with trying to blind teammates, assaulting other individuals in random attacks, causing unrest within a fair few of the clubs he's been at, open dissent toward managers and officials... I fail to see how any self respecting player would have any respect for the bloke or want to play for him. Probably the most ridiculous football manager appointment since we hired Malkay.

"Unfortunately, the fine margins have gone against us and it hasn't worked out in the way we would have wanted." Interesting way of spinning 5 consecutive defeats where you shipped 14 goals against 4 scored. Dons probably the worst team I've seen at the DW this seaon (not been to all).

Status
Not open for further replies.