Another one bites the dust! (pt II) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Another one bites the dust! (pt II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nolan is the 4th manger to move on this season
Gary Bowyer - Blackpool 6th August
Gary Johnson - Cheltenham - 21st August
Nick Dawes - Scunthorpe - 24th

The game has gone crazy, Chairmen need to stand by their Managers more and give them a chance to get through a bad patch.
Granted there are some circumstances when enough is enough but 4 or 5 games in is ridiculous.

Did Bowyer get sacked or did he walk out of his own accord ?

I’m not sure which, but at both Blackburn and Blackpool I think he did pretty well given the ‘Oyston situation’ and he was at Ewood during what was probably the worst times of the Venkys tenure.

I think he’d do well at a stable club with the right backing.

Bowyer quit after he ran out of patience with the off field issues. I really rate him for what he achieved in crisis situations at Blackburn and Blackpool was incredible.

He was at the Forest game last week.

Bowyer was a spectator at the Nottingham Forest game. Blackpool are a circus of a club, no training ground with the players training at Leigh Sports Village. Expect Bowyer to get the Scunthorpe gig.

They should have hung onto him. We rock up at Portman Riad in about 7 weeks so would have been an easy 3 points for him.

Not shocked to see Ipswich sack Hurst, there comes a point you have to act before it gets too late. Some decent name managers available for this level at the moment with Lambert, Bowyer, Bruce, Pardew, Grayson, Appleton, Warburton, Stam, Heckingbottom - much richer pickings than the last couple of times we were looking for a new boss and we really were scraping the barrel. Ipswich will fancy a few of those would guide them out of this mess.

Gutted we didn't play them before they sacked Hurst as they've been poor.

Just magnifies what a good job Mick McCarthy did on very little funds. The Ipswich fans wanted him out and are now staring at a spell in League 1.

Just magnifies what a good job Mick McCarthy did on very little funds. The Ipswich fans wanted him out and are now staring at a spell in League 1.

In L1 McCarthy is a bit like Neil Warnock and then also Pulis and Alladyce in the Prem none of them play attractive football and the fans soon get on their backs but they certainly know how to get results in a results business.

Championship strugglers Reading have sacked manager Paul Clement after less than nine months in charge.

Nosnikrap at Bolton amongst the favourites for that job, former Reading player I think ?

Cooky is doing ok. Looks like he will be there untill Christmas unlike Rosler and Caldwell in the Championship.

Nixon said Bruce was keen depending on the budget at Sheff Wed, but i'm not sure if Sheff Wed can afford to spend much due to FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.