Another one bites the dust! (pt II) | Page 7 | Vital Football

Another one bites the dust! (pt II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Cook saved himself with the Bolton result I think he was gone if he lost that. But I think if tomorrow is a really bad result and performances and his post match is another Rosler style defeated resignation speech he could still go before the end of this season. I don't think IEC want to sack him if they can avoid it so i dont he needs a win to save himself as it's a tough game but he needs to show something as if he sounds like he's given up again what choice do they have?

I don't think they will, Royle won't admit to a mistake at this stage. He'll be hoping against hope that his inability to see what has been blatantly obvious won't bite him on the arse so he'll try and ride it out by burying his head in the sand.

good grief your scraping the barrel now
No he isn't. Not at all. We have won 5 games since the end of September. That isn't just shite. It just is not acceptable. One of the worst seasons I can remember ever in the time I've watched Latics and that includes Yoothas balls up and even relegation to what is now league 2 and in the impoverished days in that same league before Stephen Gage saved us from extinction.

Last edited:
Some people have a strange way of supporting our club, you can just feel the perverse pleasure of another defeat and possible sacking of the manager building.
It's time the players took some responsibility and stood up for the fight, Cook hasn't been blameless but most has to be with the players with their poor concentration at the end of games.

Some people have a strange way of supporting our club, you can just feel the perverse pleasure of another defeat and possible sacking of the manager building.
It's time the players took some responsibility and stood up for the fight, Cook hasn't been blameless but most has to be with the players with their poor concentration at the end of games.
There is no pleasure in a defeat perverse or otherwise. Having been to Bristol and Hull in the last week to support our club it's fair to be hacked off that the management and players - except Reece don't seem to have the same commitment.
I will be supporting at the DW again today but expecting a further impact in the unfolding car crash.

look the brief was stay up this season at the moment he is doing that some people still have expectations above there level
UTFT
so you are happy to be miles behind Blackburn and 1 pt ahead of Rotherham based on last seasons finish ? - some folk are too easily pleased

Kenny. No one wants to see us relegated. No one takes perverse pleasure in watching a club they love implode through avoidable errors before their eyes. However some of us are realists and see little point in burying ones head in the sand and ignoring what is blatantly obvious without wanting it addressing. That isn't support, it's the exact opposite.

I do agree it's time all the players starting to stand up, fight and show some some resilience. Not just one or two but the whole lot. But with 5 games left it's too late in all likelihood. If they want to prove us wrong they can start in a few hours time. The players are responsible for this situation, as is Cook, as is Royle. It's been a catalogue of errors since the summer off the field and a steady decline on it since October. A complete shambles.

I find it staggering that this squad of players is only 2 places higher and 10 points better off than the shambles that is Bolton. They really ARE terrible. We aren't, yet through throwing so many leads and points opportunities away, we have got ourselves into this position.

On paper, we are good enough to be a top 14 side without any doubt. But frustratingly, results haven't shown that. Now we just have to stay up and recruit decently in the summer, spend a few million (with successful bids of over a million, like we attempted in January) and up our squad strength in all departments. Learn the lessons of this season so that next season we are up in that top half, pushing for a play off spot.

If PNE away was a turning point in our downward spiral, let's use today's well earned draw against Norwich as our upward turning point! Positivity, yeah? Lets have it! Then we can all go and enjoy summer and come back refreshed and with appetites well and truly whetted for the new season.

your the one using Rovers as benchmark no one else gives shyte crack on with your negative remarks to everything bell end
So you are the board spokesman now ? hmmm !
If you check back you will note that a number of folk have said exactly the same re Blackburn and Rotherham's relative performance YOY.
If you'd like a reasoned disagreement - no problem
If you don't agree - no problem, move on
If you'd like to trade insults no problem - ya tool

I find it staggering that this squad of players is only 2 places higher and 10 points better off than the shambles that is Bolton. They really ARE terrible. We aren't, yet through throwing so many leads and points opportunities away, we have got ourselves into this position.

On paper, we are good enough to be a top 14 side without any doubt. But frustratingly, results haven't shown that. Now we just have to stay up and recruit decently in the summer, spend a few million (with successful bids of over a million, like we attempted in January) and up our squad strength in all departments. Learn the lessons of this season so that next season we are up in that top half, pushing for a play off spot.

If PNE away was a turning point in our downward spiral, let's use today's well earned draw against Norwich as our upward turning point! Positivity, yeah? Lets have it! Then we can all go and enjoy summer and come back refreshed and with appetites well and truly whetted for the new season.
dont think there will be any cash

So you are the board spokesman now ? hmmm !
If you check back you will note that a number of folk have said exactly the same re Blackburn and Rotherham's relative performance YOY.
If you'd like a reasoned disagreement - no problem
If you don't agree - no problem, move on
If you'd like to trade insults no problem - ya tool
what a crank your losing the plot every hour take some tablets and get bed

Is this a competition..........How to Insult like an 8 Yr old?

Martinez, you started it..... How about acting like someone a little older, and finishing it?

Not every response needs to end with "you insert insult here"

Status
Not open for further replies.