Match Thread: Brentford v Aston Villa, Wed 13th Feb, 19:45 | Page 22 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Brentford v Aston Villa, Wed 13th Feb, 19:45

Farke completed his inaugural season in the Championship winning 15 games, drawing 15, and losing 16 - finishing 14th in the league table
Mack!

Hope all's well dude, not seen your name for a while but maybe that's me not paying attention lol

So his recruitment at Walsall was all him? Left them in the play offs from memory? Playing a similar style to Brentford.

Sorry, I have no idea.

But pretty sure Brentford do all the recruitment as they have s fantastic infrastructure there,

A Manager is only as good as his players alongside his motivation skills.

Villa at the moment have neither considering money spent / we are a shambles to be honest.

Smith had an amazing recruitment team at Brentford / there is no guarantee he can replicate that here.

Looking at his signings in January, he looks to be struggling.

He looks lost to be honest, sorry but that’s what it looks like.
No he had two lads, one of which came from the Allsevenkan (sp) and the other nobody had heard of either when he was appointed.

They also had more than 5 mins to get things right.

If these players are not good enough to play DS's way how come they did it for him when he first came to us?
Time to impress like most players do before slipping back into old habits and thinking they are safe because the threat of transfer and lower wages is nolonger on the table.

Cheers Mike. Always have a snoop, just less inclined to post nowadays. Totally with you, as shit has we've been, he needs time. Not a quick fix this time round.
Well don't be a stranger mate, give us the occasional update to let us know you're well.

I agree, this has to be long term and Smith needs the chance to foul up on his own terms. I don't know if he'll be a success, but we can't keep giving the players a free pass.

Sorry, I have no idea.

But pretty sure Brentford do all the recruitment as they have s fantastic infrastructure there,

A Manager is only as good as his players alongside his motivation skills.

Villa at the moment have neither considering money spent / we are a shambles to be honest.
That's my point, can't ignore he did the lot at Walsall, then use Brentford as the only example. Motivational skills help, but ultimately it's the players or Tim Sherwood would have won the Champions League. We've seen the way he can get us playing, unfortunately after injuries we no longer have the players capable. These are not his players, this is not his side. He needs to be given time in my humble.

If these players are not good enough to play DS's way how come they did it for him when he first came to us?

Perhaps when he arrived, they were worried about their place in the team etc. and worked their arses off to show they deserved the shirt. And then when they realised that, actually, we had eff all in terms of alternatives, they reverted to type?

New manager bounce? Maybe, and maybe that's what happens at every club which changes its manager. But If the alternatives left behind by the previous incumbents really are no better (and worse, many of the youth players earmarked for first team futures are loaned out elsewhere), then what can we really expect to happen?

He still brings on Elmo, does that not worry anyone ???

How many times can that bloke let him down but he still plays him.

I hope to God given time he will come good but personally don’t think he will.

Cliche alert.

Yeah. Those players coming back against Sheff United, Hull, QPR look like they don't want to play for him.

Don't confuse them being absolute shit with not playing for the manager
Yep coming back against the mighty Sheffield, hull and qpr. Oh and after playing dog shyte for the previous 75 mins or so ?

Time to take stock now . This season is gone so we have time to properly build for next season. Big Derby games we must not lose , beyond that we can be a bit more experimental now and use the likes of Davis, Green etc rather than loan players who have no future here .
I agree smith needs time. The summer can't come soon enough . We can use this time now to get ahead of the pack for next season