Match Thread: Brentford v Aston Villa, Wed 13th Feb, 19:45 | Page 33 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Brentford v Aston Villa, Wed 13th Feb, 19:45

Well as Brentford don't have an academy anymore (merely a 'B' team after the first team), I think they aren't a feasible option Fulford.

More stirring especially for Silhill

"I know someone who has a grandson at Leyton Orient's academy, which apparently may be ceasing to exist very soon, so his family have obviously been looking at options for the lad, for a while now, Brentford being one of them.

At the time of the Smith appointment, at Villa, he said 'Villa have poached the wrong one, Thomas Frank is by far the better coach

I told him 'never heard of him'

But, watching the game last night, think my mate was spot on. Brentford looked like the only 'footballing' side, to me !"

.:rofl:

Brilliant

Stole this from elsewhere but is interesting

"If you consider Dean Smith's career in the Championship, he took over a Brentford team that had just finished 5th in the league under Mark Warburton, getting 78 points and with an absolutely fantastic back-room set up, picking up very decent footballers for a pittance and coaching them to where they could be sold on at a massive profit - Scott Hogan for example. Over the course of the next three seasons, Deano only succeeded in making Warburton's team slightly worse:

2015/16 - 9th (65 points)
2016/17 - 10th (64)
2017/18 - 9th (69)

Still good, for a club like Brentford, but nevertheless worse than they'd been when he walked in."

Fair enough . Let's sack Smith and get Warburton in.

Although if you could just elaborate on how Warburton is getting on now. Or how he got on at Rangers or Forest then that will be good.

Havent got the legs in midfield - spot on, whoever says it. It’s what I’ve been saying since last season, any 2 from whela, jedinak and Hourihane and we’re fkd. Dean tried to fix it last window but didn’t happen. Now none of us, including Deano, has a clue how to fix it.
I've not seen a game since October due to ill health but even watching on the box,the lack of energy and movement stands out. Hopefully Dean can sort this out in the close season. Sir Ronnie took a full year when promoted to get the legs needed and what a transformation. Dean and his staff are in for a busy close season.

I've not seen a game since October due to ill health but even watching on the box,the lack of energy and movement stands out. Hopefully Dean can sort this out in the close season. Sir Ronnie took a full year when promoted to get the legs needed and what a transformation. Dean and his staff are in for a busy close season.
You must get well soon, mate. The owners ain’t purchased Aston Hall yet!!

For the sake of your ongoing physical and mental health, do not on any account start watching them now!

More stirring especially for Silhill

"I know someone who has a grandson at Leyton Orient's academy, which apparently may be ceasing to exist very soon, so his family have obviously been looking at options for the lad, for a while now, Brentford being one of them.

At the time of the Smith appointment, at Villa, he said 'Villa have poached the wrong one, Thomas Frank is by far the better coach

I told him 'never heard of him'

But, watching the game last night, think my mate was spot on. Brentford looked like the only 'footballing' side, to me !"

Is this the same Thomas Frank who Brentford fans were calling 'useless' after his first 14 games in charge.??... LLLWLLLDLLWDDD.....a whopping 10 points out of 42, winning 2 drawing 4 and losing 8....Think you'll find that the 'now shite' Dean Smith got 23 points and has indeed lost only 4 games in total since joining the club, 20 games ago. What relevance has this to the debate? Absolutely nothing whatsoever but if we're going to 'use' so called evidence to emphasise that Dean Smith is now not the answer let's at least use relevant details. I fully expect the 'What dirt can I now fire at Dean Smith' brigade to point out that Brentford have only lost once in the last 7 or 8 games....indeed, amazing how you can twist facts to suit your own agenda! In fact it has clearly taken the marvel Thomas Frank 20 games to stamp his mark on Brentford....now sooo much better than when Deano was there.....and we clearly did well when Smith arrived because the team had been so well coached under Bruce and co......his shit methods are now there for all to see...simples!

Is this the same Thomas Frank who Brentford fans were calling 'useless' after his first 14 games in charge.??... LLLWLLLDLLWDDD.....a whopping 10 points out of 42, winning 2 drawing 4 and losing 8....Think you'll find that the 'now shite' Dean Smith got 23 points and has indeed lost only 4 games in total since joining the club, 20 games ago. What relevance has this to the debate? Absolutely nothing whatsoever but if we're going to 'use' so called evidence to emphasise that Dean Smith is now not the answer let's at least use relevant details. I fully expect the 'What dirt can I now fire at Dean Smith' brigade to point out that Brentford have only lost once in the last 7 or 8 games....indeed, amazing how you can twist facts to suit your own agenda! In fact it has clearly taken the marvel Thomas Frank 20 games to stamp his mark on Brentford....now sooo much better than when Deano was there.....and we clearly did well when Smith arrived because the team had been so well coached under Bruce and co......his shit methods are now there for all to see...simples!

Langoe I think you missed the point of why I quoted that piece.

If you look above it Silhill told me to stop shit stirring.

Perhaps when he arrived, they were worried about their place in the team etc. and worked their arses off to show they deserved the shirt. And then when they realised that, actually, we had eff all in terms of alternatives, they reverted to type?

New manager bounce? Maybe, and maybe that's what happens at every club which changes its manager. But If the alternatives left behind by the previous incumbents really are no better (and worse, many of the youth players earmarked for first team futures are loaned out elsewhere), then what can we really expect to happen?
The vultures were out after we lost to QPR and Norwich after beating Swansea, this is no surprise to me at all. Someone here quoted we never had a new manager bounce et cetera et cetera et cetera then shut the fuck up after we beat Middlesbrough and Derby With fantastic football. Smith will sort it all out but please for God give the man time. If things go badly tomorrow in the Holte lower Expect an extremely aggressive response from one fucked off villan

Langoe I think you missed the point of why I quoted that piece.

If you look above it Silhill told me to stop shit stirring.

Ah sorry Fulford......I think I maybe read it after also seeing your prediction that we'll lose 5-0 tomorrow.....and there was me thinking you were seriously suggesting that Thomas Frank is a better coach than Deano.....based on sod all evidence! I find you guilty of shit stirring of the highest order...on both counts!

Hope you're on the mend JP......with a bit of luck we can repeat the run in we had in Sir Ron's first season....ten wins on the spin wasn't it? Unlikely I know in view of the way we're playing but what a tonic that would be for all of us! Here's hoping!

The team we couldn’t possibly out football just got spanked by Swansea.

And were 18th when we played them.