Aston Villa v Ipswich Town - Match Thread - Sat 26th January, 3pm | Page 11 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Ipswich Town - Match Thread - Sat 26th January, 3pm

That's tosh I'm afraid. Easy to say just throw them in when it's not your job on the line. I imagine the outcry on here if we played a load of untested players and lost to Ipswich today would be apocalyptic.

And in any case. What kind of way is it to run a professional top level club by just 'throwing' in players . Sorry that's barmy and a total amateur and unprofessional approach for Aston villa football club .
Professional top level club lol ? Championship is not top level , we’re not going up , we’re not going down , so let’s try something different , or let’s not , if they can’t cut it against Ipswich we have our answer , only my opinion and good that we can discuss

Final word for a certain Mr Lambert. Just listened to his after match interview. "We were fantastic, we dominated and were the better team," Seems like he's insulting the intelligence of the Ipswich fans as he did with us. A prat of the highest order!

I'm starting to think the bloke is mentally ill, that or a complete idiot, maybe a combination of both, guess if you keep telling yourself the same guff over and over again you start to believe it, he never learns does he, this ridiculous protecting of his players, just say how it is Paul, it's not a bad thing to come out and say you expect more from your players every now and then but he constantly overly protects them and isn't it funny that he tells you "we were excellent" but yet his teams keep throwing away points and results, I'm not surprised, he's giving his teams too much of an easy ride.

Now I don't feel like we've won, normally when we win I'm like a dog with two dicks but I feel flat.
I said earlier that the game will be viewed differently because we hung on for 3 points against what has to be said is the worst side in the league this season.
Indeed it could have been 6 but I'm just thankful it wasn't 2-2 again.
For me, Super John and Tammy are the only players who look like they want it.
Taylor Chester and Hourihane on that side are a disaster waiting to happen and did happen for their goal, which has to be said should have been little more than a consolation goal.

Glad we got 3 points
Glad we were playing Ipswich not Norwich
Glad we'll have some new faces and Jack back for the next game :wahey:
To be honest 57 if we'd lost a two goal lead and drawn, I'd feel a lot worse than I do at present. In fact Mrs Langoe would probably pack me off to sleep in the garage, I'd be so miserable to live with! After the run we've had, a win is all that mattered today, a few more scruffy 2-1 wins over the next few weeks will do for me. As you say, the return of Jack and a couple more new faces will certainly help. Onwards n upwards!

That's tosh I'm afraid. Easy to say just throw them in when it's not your job on the line. I imagine the outcry on here if we played a load of untested players and lost to Ipswich today would be apocalyptic.

And in any case. What kind of way is it to run a professional top level club by just 'throwing' in players . Sorry that's barmy and a total amateur and unprofessional approach for Aston villa football club .
Well we throw in garbage like El Ghazi and Bolasie , In the past shit like Tishbola, tonev, okore , lescott. FFS let the youth have a chance. Promotion is not happening this season so we should be giving the likes of Davis, O'Hare etc time on the pitch .

Well we throw in garbage like El Ghazi and Bolasie , In the past shit like Tishbola, tonev, okore , lescott. FFS let the youth have a chance. Promotion is not happening this season so we should be giving the likes of Davis, O'Hare etc time on the pitch .
Absolutely

Professional top level club lol ? Championship is not top level , we’re not going up , we’re not going down , so let’s try something different , or let’s not , if they can’t cut it against Ipswich we have our answer , only my opinion and good that we can discuss

Compared to the many leagues on a Saturday up and down the country and Europe I would consider us to be in a top level league.
I will disagree and agree with the second point.
We are still in with a chance. Do I think we will?. No. But nevertheless we can't give up the ghost while still a possibility.

But, yes, when we have nothing to play for let's start blooding some of the youngsters and trying things.

Spot on woody . We were poor again against what is in effect a demoralised league 1 side with a dreadful manager. The sooner we actually take the blinkers off and build for next season and beyond the better

So Smith has to play Davis and O'Hare because of other managers failings ?. Problem with your list is that none of those have been created by Smith. Why going back to Tonev is relevant to what Smith is doing is beyond me in afraid.

I tes
Compared to the many leagues on a Saturday up and down the country and Europe I would consider us to be in a top level league.
I will disagree and agree with the second point.
We are still in with a chance. Do I think we will?. No. But nevertheless we can't give up the ghost while still a possibility.

But, yes, when we have nothing to play for let's start blooding some of the youngsters and trying things.
Look we’re both right and wrong , we just care because we all live and breath villa , if my way worked and I was the manager I’d be a genius , and if I failed I’d get 5 million , wish my job had those options

So Smith has to play Davis and O'Hare because of other managers failings ?. Problem with your list is that none of those have been created by Smith. Why going back to Tonev is relevant to what Smith is doing is beyond me in afraid.
Lessons from the past need to be learned.

Let's not forget , Ipswich hadn't scored an away goal since Nov 10th 2018 !!! Today they scored, hit the post and had a clear pen denied .
Sorry if I'm not doing cartwheels, I thought the team selection was dire and the subs were odd again.
Still we won most importantly and I'm hoping this is a turning point

Tonev may be irrelevant but he’s still playing Whelan every week so playing shit players is still very relevant

Let's not forget , Ipswich hadn't scored an away goal since Nov 10th 2018 !!! Today they scored, hit the post and had a clear pen denied .
Sorry if I'm not doing cartwheels, I thought the team selection was dire and the subs were odd again.
Still we won most importantly and I'm hoping this is a turning point
Their goal was a wonder strike from well outside the box and it’s not like because they hadn’t scored for 7 away games they would never have scored a goal ever again in their existence