Aston Villa v Ipswich Town - Match Thread - Sat 26th January, 3pm | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Ipswich Town - Match Thread - Sat 26th January, 3pm

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
We have to win this one surely?

Lambert back in town and will no doubt get a warm reception.

Ipswich rock bottom and relegation fodder.

Surely a nailed-on home win?

I've just noticed looking at the table that only Ipswich and Rotherham have conceded more goals than us this season. That's a disgrace!!

We have to win this one surely?

Lambert back in town and will no doubt get a warm reception.

Ipswich rock bottom and relegation fodder.

Surely a nailed-on home win?

In the crazy upside down world of Aston Villa, these are bad omens.

When it comes to ex-managers, ex-players, and teams in trouble, we're a charity organisation.

Hopefully the little second half revival from the weekend will get us going again.

If this was either MON or Bruce coming back my bum would be squeaking just a little bit. Lambert? Nah, we'll do him in. :Fingers:

We've been saying we will surely win this one for the last 3 or 4 games, so I'm not so sure anymore. With both defences playing like they are it could well be an 11 goal thriller with James Collins netting a couple. Just hope we get at least 6 of them

Fed up being told the forthcoming match is a 'must win.'

WE KNOW. Tell the players!

Should be the sort of game we show up and win in the league, but unfortunately the opposition have got that confidence that they can come to VP with a game plan to score a few goals and - at worst - walk away with a draw.

I do think we’ll win this one, but it might not be pretty.

Jesus - Mr 'We were Excellent' Lameberk back - hope its a 6-0 Villa win and then he can dream and 'apply' for his dream job as coach of Borussia Dortmund II.
Question is thought - who is the dreamer here?

Is this the time to play Hause? Reports back from Wigan fill me with dread but then so do the present incumbents. A semi-radical line up might be this;

Kalinic
Hutton Elphick (Chester ‘injured’) Hause Taylor
El Ghazi McGinn Barney Green
Tammy Kodjia

With Barney defensive midfield and Ghazi in Jack’s role. I’ve predicted a 3-1 win for us now picking the team I’m not sure why ?