Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 156 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

Theresa May outside No. 10 saying it's time to put self-interest aside. Cross-party talks. Blah. Blah.

Are you shitting me? The only interest she has got is in herself and clinging on to power. Pathetic.

And cross-party talks now? Two and a half years too late, and she's only doing it to prevent further trouble in Parliament in the coming weeks. Utterly pathetic and embarrassing.

Theresa May outside No. 10 saying it's time to put self-interest aside. Cross-party talks. Blah. Blah.

Are you shitting me? The only interest she has got is in herself and clinging on to power. Pathetic.

And cross-party talks now? Two and a half years too late, and she's only doing it to prevent further trouble in Parliament in the coming weeks. Utterly pathetic and embarrassing.

Honestly she’s so fucking stubborn. I’d rather see her step down and Gove take the job. He got us into this mess with Bojo and Farage, he can find a way out of it.

He must just be able to get the Tories to unite at least, before the kick back from the EU. At least that’s small progress.

That speech is the proverbial me and my neighbours have had a car crash, we will now sit down and discuss how to avoid it in the future as driving into each other is clearly not wise.

I see The Daily Mail and The Times both lead with criticisms of Corbyn after yesterday's Tory debacle. Talk about deflecting the problem.

Looking at the odds it seems pretty certain that brexit isn't going to happen now until at least 2021/2022.

Can businesses really cope with this amount of uncertainty for that long?

You can't run a business if you can't plan for the future.

I'm sure I read somewhere that most of these 'crazy EU laws' that people are so keen to get rid of were actually created by us and the EU adopted them.

Is that true?

Didn't the Tories have a vote of no confidence in May a couple of weeks back, where 117 (?) of their MPs didn't have confidence in her?

And now, the very next day after 430-odd MPs of all parties rejected out of hand her work of the past 2 and a half years, those 117 have suddenly some new-found confidence in the ability of the government.

:rofl:

:help:
The Tories vote was confidence in her as leader, some thought not. The vote yesterday was confidence in the government. All Tories would get in line to support themselves. Two different things altogether.
By the next vote or the one after on 'her' deal shes hoping, as we get nearer the line, more of them will fall into line with the fear of no deal looming. so expecting that 230 majority to shrink

The Tories vote was confidence in her as leader, some thought not. The vote yesterday was confidence in the government. All Tories would get in line to support themselves. Two different things altogether.

Yeah I realise this, I was just being facetious.

The point being self-preservation will win out almost every time where politicians are concerned.

That's my thought on this whole debacle J , how can we call our government a free democracy if what was voted for does not happen and then asked to do it again.
I know we're not at that pic t yet but it looks like it's coming .

Agreed Mutt, I think it's a disaster waiting to happen BUT it is what it is, I can see why people want another vote but it, I think, would kick off all sorts of problems, even riots French style could ensue.

I have really wrestled with it, because I'd love to stay in Europe, if we hit another recession (a hard brexit I think would bring that) I am not convinced my business, nor a lot of others, would survive again. BUT the question was asked. It is their own fault if people didn't turn up to vote. I can't help the fact some were too young to vote, that's life, you can't re-run votes on that basis.

I would like the vote leave and the other campaign to be more answerable for the rules they broke and the likes of Boris I'd have for fraud personally, how that man can still sit in Parliament after his utter bullshit is beyond my comprehension. He should be in court.

I'm sure I read somewhere that most of these 'crazy EU laws' that people are so keen to get rid of were actually created by us and the EU adopted them.

Is that true?

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure we have followed far more directive/law wise than most and did them to the letter. Other countries haven't always done that. It is OUR Gov at fault for so much.

One example, the sharing on facebook recently about the amount of money we haven't been paid by EU countries for their citizens in our NHS and how much we have paid.

Outrage followed. But no one wanted to listen to the truth. Our country is too idle/stupid to put the bills in and charge, other countries aren't so stupid.

Again, OUR Gov at fault.

Same as letting freedom of movement for new countries = benefits from day one, that was OUR Gov fault not the EU's.

There hasn't been any real balance in all this and people have been totally misled.

Especially over :banana:

I see The Daily Mail and The Times both lead with criticisms of Corbyn after yesterday's Tory debacle. Talk about deflecting the problem.

He's part of the problem for me, Labour should be streets ahead in all polls, but no one trusts him, hence we don't have a strong opposition.

And he was a twat, he should have been the elder statesman and said he'd enter talks, 2 years after he first asked (whatever the date was) but will want to have at the top of the agenda no deal being taken off the table.

He had a strong hand and messed it up.

Corbyn doesn't get irony I'm guessing,

May must drop her red lines, so he opens by forming his own?

He wouldn't achieved the same by talking and walking out saying she won't listen. As it is, all most will see is he couldn't be bothered to take up the offer.

Last edited:

Is that true?

This is one of the many articles about it and how it was twisted and the truth ''bent'' It is all ''banana's' Basically there was an amendment made on banana's but this is one of the majority that was exaggerated ofcourse

.....................................................................................................
The EU trying to ban straight & bendy bananas is perhaps the most well-established Euromyth of them all. Is Brussels really meddling in what our beloved bananas should look like?

Yes & No.

Bananas are classified by quality and size so they can be traded internationally. Quality standards are also needed so that people know what they are buying and that the produce meets their expectations.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/unitedkingdom/en/media/euromyths/bendybananas.html

He's part of the problem for me, Labour should be streets ahead in all polls, but no one trusts him, hence we don't have a strong opposition.

And he was a twat, he should have been the elder statesman and said he'd enter talks, 2 years after he first asked (whatever the date was) but will want to have at the top of the agenda no deal being taken off the table.

He had a strong hand and messed it up.
I watched it live and my immediate thought is he’s fallen into the conservative trap quite nicely

The government had been well and truly humiliated and instead of trying to seize the initiative he gave them a perfect deflection by coming across as difficult and unwilling to help with the Brexit situation

I was very disappointed with him on that. Also thought he should have waited a few days for the vote of no confidence, would have given him time to whip up a bit of a storm about it and put some pressure on some of the Tory back benchers but by doing it with one days notice it just united them

Glad it wasn't just me then David, he had a gift there and once again, Mr Bean Esq, blew it.

Should we have a referendum to ask if we want another referendum? Then maybe a follow up one with just a simple 'are you sure?'

Seems as sensible as anything Parliament are suggesting to be fair.

We certainly need someone to go back to the future and stick a condom on David Cameron Dad to stop what has happened, to coin a phrase of the same said about Trumpet

Can we just call a referendum for the hell of it then?