Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 158 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

For some light relief: will the last of the 16.5 million to leave the country please turn out the lights

Thousands Of British Refugees Make Dangerous Journey Across The Irish Sea

THE IRISH coast guard has today issued a nationwide warning for the East Coast as hundreds of thousands of British refugees risk their lives to cross the Irish sea in an attempt to flee the impoverished and unstable nation.
Dinghies overflowing with desperate migrants are so far half way through their journey, many with women and children aboard, wishing to make a new start on the Emerald Isle.

“We have rescued hundreds of people from crafts due to overcrowding,” winchman Derek Ryan of Rescue 117 told WWN today. “It’s a terrible situation as many of these people are only hoping for a better quality of life in the EU”

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/20...-make-dangerous-journey-across-the-irish-sea/

Sir John Major talking sense, let’s hope Maggie May takes note.

The problem is, and this goes back to the debate about whether she was/is the right person to be PM, she is a one-track mind do-er, she’d make a good manager but she’s no leader. Schmoozing and uniting people aren’t skills she possesses.

Brexit: Theresa May should become mediator, says Sir John Major http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46931114

I voted Remain. I have to admit to being disappointed at the referendum result. At the back of my mind I always believed that, in the end though, it wouldn’t really happen. I always thought that the establishment would find a way to keep us in.
I think there’ll be another referendum but if Remain wins it will cause a huge disconnect with a large section of voters. My worry is the rise of the right. People were asked what they wanted but the answer wasn’t accepted. They won’t be happy.
I don’t know how this rift in trust between politicians and people will be healed.

The rift is worth it, because remaining is what is best for the Country. Younger people wanted to stay, so the future will improve.

Sir John Major talking sense, let’s hope Maggie May takes note.

The problem is, and this goes back to the debate about whether she was/is the right person to be PM, she is a one-track mind do-er, she’d make a good manager but she’s no leader. Schmoozing and uniting people aren’t skills she possesses.

Brexit: Theresa May should become mediator, says Sir John Major http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46931114

My friend is an interpreter, and works for the EU and the G7, G20 etc. She says exactly this. She says May is quite impressive when making a prepared speech, but comes across as weak in open discussion.

She can't tell us much, but this was her definite opinion of May.

Theresa May needs to read a famous business book called Good to Great (im sure you know of it Heathfield). Although it’s about the private sector there is something for May to learn from - it talks about getting the right people on the bus at one of the first things a successful leader should do.

Unfortunately May’s bus had about 15 people on it who have since quit in the space of two years, where she tried to keep her enemies close to prolong her career as PM.

The rift is worth it, because remaining is what is best for the Country. Younger people wanted to stay, so the future will improve.

The rift is there anyway! I have had to unfollow 4 people on FB because there views are horrendous. I knew they were leavers (loosely holiday friends we have made over the years) One is a family member, though thank god not on my side, of the family.

The racism, xenophobia and the sheer lack of understanding is beyond. I have put my 2 penneth in occasionally and they have gone quiet. How their posts have ranked up, in degrees, in previous weeks has left me gobsmacked.

One post would have ended up in a ban for one person if anyone had seen it and reported it. It had nothing to do with Brexit but they thought it did, because of what they said.

I would take them off my friends list, if I could, however I don't want the fall out from it.

The rift is there: it is worth it, yes Heath. Every minute of it is worth it to stay in. This is too important for it not to be

The rift is there anyway! I have had to unfollow 4 people on FB because there views are horrendous. I knew they were leavers (loosely holiday friends we have made over the years) One is a family member, though thank god not on my side, of the family.

The racism, xenophobia and the sheer lack of understanding is beyond. I have put my 2 penneth in occasionally and they have gone quiet. How their posts have ranked up, in degrees, in previous weeks has left me gobsmacked.

One post would have ended up in a ban for one person if anyone had seen it and reported it. It had nothing to do with Brexit but they thought it did, because of what they said.

I would take them off my friends list, if I could, however I don't want the fall out from it.

The rift is there: it is worth it, yes Heath. Every minute of it is worth it to stay in. This is too important for it not to be

I’ve deactivated Facebook, too many Leave voters who see fake news or facts and re-post it, suddenly turning them from hairdresser or lorry driver to Chief Economist at the BoE.

I’ve had an unbelievable ‘discussion’ with one of my parents on Saturday, to the point I couldn’t look then in the eye and kicked them out otherwise I could’ve punched them given the reasons for the way they voted. It wasn’t the fact they voted Leave, it was the hypocrisy of the reasons why they voted Leave and the narrow minded view of foreigners based on complete myth. Oh, and to top it off my son has a Polish bloodline from his mothers side.

I assumed they had seen sense despite being uneducated and brainwashed by the Daily Express for years, but it turned out that the rest of the family had been keeping it quiet from me all this time.

I respect democracy but when the reasons are embarrassing based on complete myth due to the sort of scare mongering shit you would only quote if you read the Express - I’m sat there in disbelief this imbecile has an equivalent vote to me.

I’ve come to the conclusion that democracy is actually a very bad idea. You wouldn’t turn up to an exam without revising, but people are allowed to vote on something they can potentially have no knowledge on. It was much easier to do no research on the referendum and vote Leave as that was an emotional decision, than it was to bother to do research and not vote remain.

I think holding a second referendum is not a good idea. I think we're at the stage where Parliament has to work out how to make the best of what, in my opinion, is a bad situation. I like the notion of indicative votes -what some are calling "The Sherlock Holmes solution" -

“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

Agreed BBJ. Only way it could be an ok/accept able idea is to ask a different question.

No option to say, just options on how we leave (for the floating reader, I voted remain). That would remain democratic. But from what I see on social media/news/things like question time/conversations, people really aren't that qualified to be making such crucial decisions, especially those making their decisions via newspaper headlines/politicians lies.

Awful and very silly situation this.

This is what Galileo has to say about a certain class of Brexiteer.

"I have heard such things put forth as I should blush to repeat--not so much to avoid discrediting their authors (whose names could always be withheld) as to refrain from detracting so greatly from the honour of the human race. In the long run my observations have convinced me that some men, reasoning preposterously, first establish some conclusion In their minds which, either because of its being their own or because of their having received it from some person who has their entire confidence, impresses them so deeply that one finds it impossible ever to get it out of their heads.
Such arguments in support of their fixed idea as they hit upon themselves or hear set forth by others, no matter how simple and stupid these may be, gain their instant acceptance and applause. On the other hand whatever is brought forward against it, however ingenious and conclusive, they receive with disdain or with hot rage--if indeed it does not make them ill.
I know; such men do not deduce their conclusion from its premises or establish it by reason, but they accommodate (I should have said
discommode and distort) the premises and reasons to a conclusion which for them is already established and nailed down. No good can come of dealing with such people, especially to the extent that their company may be not only unpleasant but dangerous."

Last edited:

Completely agree, it’s not the straightforward arithmetic of minusing some old people who have died assuming they were 100% leave, adding some youngsters who can now vote assuming they’re 100% remainers and a swing between the two options for people who have supposedly switched.

People aren’t rational, the result may not work in a remain favour or enough to then justify why remain wins after 1-1.

Some Euroskeptic remainers might fancy a May-type deal and change. Non-voters before might be feeling more anti-EU than before after the negotiation and feel compelled to vote Leave.

we concur mate, it is a mess, I hate the result, but I think the result should stand. IF it was totally clear from what the many were saying, that they voted and regretted it, if polls showed a massive swing, even then it would be awkward but maybe justifiable.

But as you say, what good is 1-1 and those saying whatever the result, they would accept it this time, if that is a remainer, I bet they would but why should a leaver?

What a joke, what a mess!

I’ve deactivated Facebook, too many Leave voters who see fake news or facts and re-post it, suddenly turning them from hairdresser or lorry driver to Chief Economist at the BoE.

I’ve had an unbelievable ‘discussion’ with one of my parents on Saturday, to the point I couldn’t look then in the eye and kicked them out otherwise I could’ve punched them given the reasons for the way they voted. It wasn’t the fact they voted Leave, it was the hypocrisy of the reasons why they voted Leave and the narrow minded view of foreigners based on complete myth. Oh, and to top it off my son has a Polish bloodline from his mothers side.

I assumed they had seen sense despite being uneducated and brainwashed by the Daily Express for years, but it turned out that the rest of the family had been keeping it quiet from me all this time.

I respect democracy but when the reasons are embarrassing based on complete myth due to the sort of scare mongering shit you would only quote if you read the Express - I’m sat there in disbelief this imbecile has an equivalent vote to me.

I’ve come to the conclusion that democracy is actually a very bad idea. You wouldn’t turn up to an exam without revising, but people are allowed to vote on something they can potentially have no knowledge on. It was much easier to do no research on the referendum and vote Leave as that was an emotional decision, than it was to bother to do research and not vote remain.

Yes the same here: I respect democracy. I think we all do. It's for the very reasons you say I am totally p*ssed and angry with it all.

I was at a friends today whose husband is leaver and leave on no deal. He isn't racist and accepts alot voted on racism. He wife is a remainer and so is his daughter.

I confounded him today though when I told him that medication (which his wife needs to live) is also going to be affected by a hard Brexit. He didn't know that.

I am now finding I am getting passed right or wrong. It's personal now. It's too upsetting. I need medication to stay as I am. Without well. Our 2nd son needs meds to stay as he is. Many of my friends and family members do too. That's just medication.

I was just so upset seeing something about the arguments in parliament again and thinking people's lives are being affected by this. I honestly had tears rolling down my face has I think another level of reality hit home.

We also have the human rights around domestic abuse because of The E.U. All this money being wasted on this could be spent on the 450 people a week that W.A could spend on refuges that the government has cut back spending on.

This is more than right or wrong now and my point of view is the most important. The reality of this terrifies me and this ''we will survive''

One person saying ''we came through 2 world wars and we will survive again'' nonsense, I just logged off Facebook and unfollowed a few more beforehand