January 2019 Transfer Window | Page 49 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
"Guys there's a massive crisis. We're at risk of losing everything we've worked towards this season. 50% of our goals are either off for a month or injured til March. Let's meet to discuss a strategy immediately."

"I'm busy Wednesday. Let's catch up Thursday"

Perhaps Daniel & Joe Lewis could squeeze into our away kit & sit on the bench. Poch is probably still a decent centre back. Problem solved.

So Son is on International Duty for a possible 6 weeks. Kane and Sissoko are out for a month or longer. Dembele is leaving. Wanyama, Dier and Lucas are still injured or in recovery. Dele, Vertonghen, Lamela and Sanchez are only just fresh back from injury and still look a good yard or more off the pace. Aurier has been arrested. Janssen has been told he is not in Poch's plans and N'Koudou seems like he is suffering the same fate. And Eriksen hasn't been the same since the contract talks collapsed.

Am I missing anything?

All of these problems wouldnt be problems with better transfer management.

I shouldn't laugh given the circumstances but 'Aurier is arrested' that part got me lol

Absolute shambles this has turned into in just a few weeks, despite being in all competitions still, although in a month's time I'm pretty certain we will be out of all of them.

how do you figure that? Whilst some of our injuries are down to overplaying people Son would be off regardless and any team would miss a player like him. Not to mention Wanyama and Dier's injuries are hardly down to overplaying and Aurier would still be a nutcase.

We might be slightly better covered if we'd signed a couple in the summer but you can't really prepare for that much adversity in one season.

I shouldn't laugh given the circumstances but 'Aurier is arrested' that part got me lol

Absolute shambles this has turned into in just a few weeks, despite being in all competitions still, although in a month's time I'm pretty certain we will be out of all of them.
Aurier is fine he'll just blame Juan Foyth for thumping his miss's

So Son is on International Duty for a possible 6 weeks. Kane and Sissoko are out for a month or longer. Dembele is leaving. Wanyama, Dier and Lucas are still injured or in recovery. Dele, Vertonghen, Lamela and Sanchez are only just fresh back from injury and still look a good yard or more off the pace. Aurier has been arrested. Janssen has been told he is not in Poch's plans and N'Koudou seems like he is suffering the same fate. And Eriksen hasn't been the same since the contract talks collapsed.

Am I missing anything?

Just one clarification. I keep reading that Son is out for 6 weeks. How come? From what I can see, South Korea played their final group stage match today and beat China 2-0. That's 3 wins, of which the first 2 Son was still with Spurs and didn't play. The last 16 matches are this weekend and the final looks to be on 1 feb, so surely worst case he's back in 3 weeks if South Korea go all the way to the final.

Am I being totally dumb as I can't see where the 6 weeks comes from? It looks like maximum 3 to me, and if they lose he could be back as early as next week.

Just read from poch, "this makes no difference to our transfer policy".
So basically what I can get from that is we are signing no one this window.

I am still betting that we are going to ride this season with who we have...maybe sell off some deadwood which we have too much of anyway.

My issue is this is another year we are in the hunt....and will let it slip away again. (hell we may even fall out of the top 4 if we are not careful)