EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 162 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

Vince Cable called it right this morning: it’s time that the Tory party split in to two. JRM and the other right wing loonies should go to UKIP and leave moderates behind.

Although, I guess that this was make government business even harder since there will be less chance of any party securing a Commons majority.

Vince Cable called it right this morning: it’s time that the Tory party split in to two. JRM and the other right wing loonies should go to UKIP and leave moderates behind.

Although, I guess that this was make government business even harder since there will be less chance of any party securing a Commons majority.

Oh, wouldn't it be wonderful if the Tories tear themselves apart so badly that they split to such an extent that their Party is finished forever....

I would dance harder and longer than I dd when Thatcher died. It would be a most marvellous thing.

JRM and the other right wing loonies should go to UKIP and leave moderates behind.
JRM and the other loonies my be right wing in the extreme but they are educated and certainly don't follow the neo-nazi views of the other extremists now finding a home in UKIP.

It's time for Labour to step up to the plate.
Come on Jezza, get off that fence and do your job.
We need a Brexiteer in charge.

It's time for Labour to step up to the plate.
Come on Jezza, get off that fence and do your job.
We need a Brexiteer in charge.
The Labour Party is mulling over the possibility of standing for Remain, which is slight problem for some

The Labour Party is mulling over the possibility of standing for Remain, which is slight problem for some

Although I would love a Labour Government, their policy for Leave has never been realistic so I am willing to wait until after we have officially left the EU, deal or no deal.

Even Liam Fox was able to call Richard Burgon out on Politics Live just now. Burgon said that Labour's policy was to stay in a Customs Union and also to stay closely aligned to the Single Market.

Fox claimed that John McDonnell had also recently said that but there is a clause (I think in the European Constitution) expressly forbidding that access without full membership. It would surely also be seen by the EU as cherry picking if we want to take back control of our immigration policy from the EU and to end contributions.

At the moment, being in opposition allows Corbyn to placate the many Labour constituencies that voted to Leave by confirming that he supports the democratic result of the referendum.

If Labour gained power and Starmer and Burgon were so insistent about staying in the Single Market and Customs Union, I could see them capitulating to the EU about immigration and money as well.

The Government should rescind Article 50 NOW.

Ridiculous not to but I suspect part of May's plan to run down time till the end of March.

The Government should rescind Article 50 NOW.

Spoken like a true anti democrat !

Don't like the result of a vote ---- ignore it!

Classic Remoaner stance .

Shame on you. Millions died so you had the freedom to vote but that clearly only counts if it goes your way.

shotshy - it is absolutely stupid for this government to box us in to a situation where we may end up with a no deal scenario when it is within the Government's power to avoid it. That must surely be against the interests of all of us except the right wing ERG nutters. It's not anti- democratic to want to avoid potential catastrophe !

We can make a measured decision at a later stage.

I'd be quite happy to leave with no agreement in place and once out, begin negotiations as a third country, should they wish to have full and free access to the massive UK market.
Should the EU not want a trade deal, standard WTO terms would suit me fine.

Shotshy, same old slash and burn brainless idea I see. There is no such thing as standard WTO terms. Where we would be is the equivalent to the trading status of Bangladesh as the Head of the WTO spelt out recently. Fortunately there are enough MPs willing to scupper such a self destructive route. Oh and ‘the massive market’ that accounts for 8% of EU exports. I thought the ‘they need us more than we need them’ argument was as dead as the famous parrot.

I'd be quite happy to leave with no agreement in place and once out, begin negotiations as a third country, should they wish to have full and free access to the massive UK market.

This is quite an ignorant and dangerous opinion. Unfortunately you are not the only person to hold it.

This is quite an ignorant and dangerous opinion. Unfortunately you are not the only person to hold it.

You are quite entitled to your opinion and I respect it. Pity you can not extend the same courtesy.

The W in WTO means world as in the "free" world. The E in EU means parts of European bureaucracy that applies a "you shall obey" doctrine. Which is larger?

But of course, the remoaners will whinge on about how every other nation in the world is out to screw us while lovely little fluffy France and Germany only want to be our besties.

The EU is typically returning the usual intransigence with Juncker's "the withdrawal agreement will not be re-opened" speech. Like Shotshy, I am happy for us to reply on the lines of "in that case, Unidentified Flying Object".

One prediction I would have if there is no deal and tariffs are introduced, THAT is when you will start to see action from the companies that currently export heavily to the UK to pursue a quick free trade deal. They have no reason to raise their heads until no deal becomes reality.

Also, all the doom stories about Dover will then apply to Calais as well. Of course, at the moment Macron only has to deal with his 20% approval rate, Paris Riots, having to order a national increase in wages, and pissing off Trump so he is probably looking for something else to occupy himself.

What a thriving little continent it will be without us and our useless contributions ! - no wonder Juncker can be so dismissive.

One prediction I would have if there is no deal and tariffs are introduced, THAT is when you will start to see action from the companies that currently export heavily to the UK to pursue a quick free trade deal.

Unfortunately, an impossibility, and I should point out it's not the companies that pursue the deals. I take it this was a typing error and not a complete lack of knowledge? Dream on.

Gillsbluenose, people are rude (in your opinion) because you continue to spout bollocks. Right from the word go brexiteers were told exactly what would be on offer from the EU. Oh no, you cried. That’s all Project Fear. It was reality all along. You were told that the Irish border would be an intractable problem but, oh no, you knew better. The EU have been resolute in their defence of their member, the Irish Republic just as you were told they would be. Of course the EU don’t want a no deal situation but they’re not going to break up the single market to achieve this. They said this on day one and they have not waivered one inch. Yet you don’t/won’t believe it. Do you genuinely believe that nothing that happens on mainland Europe has any effect on the UK ? If you don’t then we are throwing away every ounce of influence that we ever had.

You have absolutely no idea what standard WTO terms means or the complications associated with negotiating dozens of individual trade deals entails.

Remember those Japanese soldiers in Thailand in WW2, who all bar a few jumped off cliffs because they refused to surrender. Even the [sort of influential] ERG group is talking about tougher negotiating with the EU because even they know a no-deal situation would be suicide.

You vote leave with no real understanding of what that means or the consequences other than what you read off Brexit stuff and like GBN believe all the hype about the EU ignoring all the positives and are prepared to live by your dogmatic stance even though you're not sure what it all means. Unlike those Japanese soldiers, you won't be committing suicide but you'll impose it on many others. Others like the millions who already can't make ends meet but would suddenly see many of their living costs go up overnight as WTO tariffs are imposed.

The likes of the ERG group and Farridge etc remind me of the leader of the Skoptsy Sect [Castrate] where the leaders advocated followers undergo castration but they [the leaders] didn't follow the rule.