Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 209 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Sol Campbell coming over all Billy Big Bollocks at his presser after being unveiled as the new manager of... Macclesfield.

"Macclesfield fans will probably say 'what's going on here?'" he said when asked if his appointment was a gamble.

"You've got an international footballer who has been one of the best footballers in the world coming to your club, I think there's a nice mutual balance there."

:ROFLMAO:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46391157

Well. There's a thing. Fancy that. What a coincidence.

Fulham v Chelsea
Arsenal v Spurs
Liverpool v Everton

All on the same day. Who'd have thought it.
:unsure:

Boca Juniors and River Plate to play their final at Real Madrid on Sunday 9th December. A bit much when you have to move a match to a different continent to avoid aggro! I wonder if it will be televised here.

Boca Juniors and River Plate to play their final at Real Madrid on Sunday 9th December. A bit much when you have to move a match to a different continent to avoid aggro! I wonder if it will be televised here.

If this was a Saturday I’d very tempted to fly over for it!

WTF has happened to Wolves, they don't look like they've met before.
We've certainly got the best deal on Traore

Good init!.:ROFLMAO:.

As for Traore. Every club he has been at in this country has been the same. Starts off as a novelty fans getting excited wondering why the hell anyone would sell him. But then is seen for what he is. A sprinter playing football.

Nice to hear the noses embarrassing themselves in front of the TV cameras again. Even at a Solihull Moors game they have to sing about us the obsessed twats. Hope Dion nutted a few of them off camera

I was at the game and those fans were mainly concentrated to the middle. Regulars next to me had never seen them before and a few others just shouted things like ‘shut up’. I believe the general unwritten rule for non league football is leave your primary club’s colours at home and get behind the team you’ve gone to watch. Stuff like that will only hold Solihull back as Villa fans will stay away and the attendances will remain low if they’re seen to be associated with them.

Last edited:
Was it as good as it looked on TV, thought it was a proper game myself and Moors did themselves huge credit and I didn't even realise Tim Flowers was their gaffer.

Won't fault fans who support their local non-league, but yes, primary colours stay behind don't they. I will say at least it seemed good natured in many ways on the TV and proper banter rather than anything else, but the 'one Robbie Cabbage' to Dion was a bit dark.

You could tell it was only a handful of them and I guessed they were only there as it was a big game for Moors. It would be well funny if Moors got Small Heath in the next round and added to the list of Altrincham and Kidderminster as non-league teams to dump them out the cup.

The irony is I heard ‘Ian Taylor, he’s one of our own’ being sung a few times, how can they sing the name of a Villa legend of 9 years who is very open with his support for the club and then sing that? I know he played for Moor Green but still.

It was a good game, Solihull were unlucky not to win it and the disallowed goal looked alright to me. Biggest fear is a Villa v Solihull draw (Don’t think they’ll win the replay though), with no loyalty scheme except a few season ticket holders and a big allocation there’ll be loads of the idiots scrambling to get tickets.

See Spuds have started a slide down the PL table (again). And they're playing difficult with Eriksen over a new contract. Wonder who Poch will be managing next?