Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 208 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Just watching Spuds v Chelski - the Wembley pitch is a total disgrace.

I love NFL but they have no business playing there - they should use Twickenham if they insist on playing over here.

So before the second leg of the Copa Libertadores final between Boca & River Plate tomorrow evening, Boca held an open training session at La Bombonera ... and around 50,000 fans turned up, now that is really incredible.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...training-before-copa-libertadores-final-video

And then River Plate fans stoned the coach causing injury to Boca players and the game will now be played behind closed doors.

Nothing to boast about now.

Not sure if Norwich have got the same squad depth that wolves had last season to really pull away in the same manner. The manager there has done a superb job to get them in this position though, did anyone see them challenging this season?

Not sure if Norwich have got the same squad depth that wolves had last season to really pull away in the same manner. The manager there has done a superb job to get them in this position though, did anyone see them challenging this season?
They were one of 16 clubs I thought could make the play offs.

They were one of 16 clubs I thought could make the play offs.

I had them as mid table, where they've been since they came down. Just shows how crazy this league can be. We'll overtake them anyway, they'll be happy enough in 2nd behind the mighty Villa.

Yeah. Think it's different from last season. Norwich won't do a wolves.
Not only that. There are Norwich, Baggies, Boro, Leeds, forest, Sheff Utd all in with a shout, maybe us aswell.

Wasn't like that last season.

Just goes to show how we need to stick with Deano whatever happens this season . Norwich were average under Farke last season and he has been given time and is doing a great job now.

Yep, good luck Mick. Anybody surprised he didn't keep Roy Keane on as assistant :innocent:

Bit strange them already lining up his successor though. Doing things in advance never seems a good idea.

Back to dark days in Irish football I just think this is going to be us for a very long time unless we get rid of John Delaney and have a grassroots overall that includes taking our own football teams seriously.

The challenge to get Irish football competitive is one like no other.

And then River Plate fans stoned the coach causing injury to Boca players and the game will now be played behind closed doors.

Nothing to boast about now.

Postponed for a second time now.

Disgraceful in modern day football. Definitely nothing to boast about .

Baggies 2 nil up at Ipswich.

Ipswich are awful. No improvement it seems under Mr Mumble. I noticed that they are trying to play out from the back. And it's not working :lol:

I only watched a bit of the game, but the fans were groaning when Ipswich had a free kick 30 yards out in a dangerous position, defenders get forward, and they played it short before finally getting the cross in.

To top the day off Wolves get beat by Huddersfield. Can’t stand the dingles, they crop up out the woodwork once a decade but they’ll soon be back in their hole where they belong.

To top the day off Wolves get beat by Huddersfield. Can’t stand the dingles, they crop up out the woodwork once a decade but they’ll soon be back in their hole where they belong.

Yes. They really need to get things sorted if they are to qualify for the champions league. After all. This is what some of their fans were saying they would do this season. :lol:

Postponed for a second time now.

Disgraceful in modern day football. Definitely nothing to boast about .

‘A game too big for the occasion’... Was looking forward to watching this tonight as well ??‍♂️ The fans were queueing up for hours before the game to get in, they were in the stadium along with the media when the game was postponed again. UEFA would face an absolute shit storm if this happened with the equivalent game, the Champions League final. Boca were chucked out at the 1/4 final stage years ago when the fans attacked River players with tear gas so surely River should be chucked out for this? At the very least they should be forced to play the match behind closed doors by CONMEBOL, would be a massive advantage for Boca with how passionate their fans are over there.

I’ve said it before here but it’s an absolute dream to go over there and watch a few games and it may sound a bit daft but this kind of thing just adds to the allure for me, not condoning it as it must’ve been awful for the players and staff inside but it’s just pure passion spilling over and for the neutral it’s great to see in person.

Garry Monk is 15/8 with Paddy Power to replace Hughes at Southampton.
If this were to happen there would be much sobbing at the Sty as yet another Messiah jumps ship.
He might just up sticks and go as there is still the spectre of a points deduction in February.
SHA - the gift that keeps giving ?

‘A game too big for the occasion’... Was looking forward to watching this tonight as well ??‍♂️ The fans were queueing up for hours before the game to get in, they were in the stadium along with the media when the game was postponed again. UEFA would face an absolute shit storm if this happened with the equivalent game, the Champions League final. Boca were chucked out at the 1/4 final stage years ago when the fans attacked River players with tear gas so surely River should be chucked out for this? At the very least they should be forced to play the match behind closed doors by CONMEBOL, would be a massive advantage for Boca with how passionate their fans are over there.

I’ve said it before here but it’s an absolute dream to go over there and watch a few games and it may sound a bit daft but this kind of thing just adds to the allure for me, not condoning it as it must’ve been awful for the players and staff inside but it’s just pure passion spilling over and for the neutral it’s great to see in person.
The recent events have been beyond stupid but agree it certainly adds to excitement.. there’s a reason it is considered the best derby in world football

WTF?!

An amateur Irish football club have apologised after falsely reporting the death of one of their players. Dublin club Ballybrack FC had informed the Leinster Senior League that Fernando Nuno La-Fuente had died in a traffic accident.

Their game against Arklow Town on Saturday was postponed while a minute's silence was held before other fixtures. However, it emerged that La-Fuente is alive in his native Spain and the league has launched an investigation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46363865

Disgraceful behaviour by AEK Athens fans throwing petrol bombs at Ajax fans. Will the powers that be take swift action and sanctions against the club and its dispicable fans? Probably not cos they aren't English fans. What is wrong with these retards? Ban the club from European competitive fixtures for the next 5 years and give them an ultimatum to identify and hand over to the authorities the morons responsible for what is essentially a terrorist act. When did a football match spawn such hatred as to want to kill opposition fans?