Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 211 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

So nice to see Paul Lambert doing his usual terrible job at Ipswich too.

Every time he goes to a new club I tell their fans to be prepared for failure... and every time I am right.

Mark Hughes sacked.
The great unwashed from Small Heath will be worried now as Monk is being touted as a replacement. He used to play for the Saints at one point I recall.

Can't see Southampton going with Allardyce or Moyes and they have not done well with foreign management before. Perhaps Monk could up sticks (again)

Mark Hughes is a terrible manager. How he still gets a job anywhere is a mystery. Him, Pardew. Useless.

Agree. Time is up for these older British managers and their style of play. It makes Smith all the more admirable the way he has adapted to the modern game because he was hardly a flair player himself.

England will play Holland in the Nations League Semi-Final.

Kind of looking forward to it. 2 summers... 2 England semi-finals.

Can't see Southampton going with Allardyce or Moyes and they have not done well with foreign management before. Perhaps Monk could up sticks (again)

Not done well with foreign management? Pochettino and Koeman were disasters were they?!

Glad Hughes has gone. Such a depressing man and always keen to blame others for defeats (poor officials get it more or less every other week!).

Agree. Time is up for these older British managers and their style of play. It makes Smith all the more admirable the way he has adapted to the modern game because he was hardly a flair player himself.

Thats normally the way isn't it Bikini.
Sir Alex wasn't exactly a great player and neither was Wenger and yet they made great managers.
You get it the other way too of course but, very rarely, Pep and Conte for example.
I heard MON wanted to manage Stoke, which is weird as I hadn't heard Rowett was getting the chop.

Not done well with foreign management? Pochettino and Koeman were disasters were they?!

Glad Hughes has gone. Such a depressing man and always keen to blame others for defeats (poor officials get it more or less every other week!).
Looks like that Hasslehoff fella is going to get the job

I’ve stuck a little wager as we’re 3/1 for promotion, whilst Leeds are odds on so unless I’m watching something different or being selective, I feel that’s great value.

backed us before the season started with a tenner, no idea what odds I got but it was a week before we went tits up financially so not good but better than now

Yes they have sold their crown jewels over the last few years. Becomes unsustainable eventually. The bin dippers have stripped them.