Forest V Ipswich Match Thread Sponsored by Ingy | Page 2 | Vital Football

Forest V Ipswich Match Thread Sponsored by Ingy

Job done....bring on Preston....central defence pairing is a worry now...i think we will not see Dawson for some time...ipswich poor...play like that nd they will go down....should have gone for more...unlucky with posts...two of them were on a plate nd should have scored...same the Iranian...had the chance to put his mame on the scoresheet..all in all job done...

Cracking thread sponsor chaps.Job done today but gutting to lose Dawson for awhile, as looks likely.Hopefully Fox should be back anytime soon.

Grabban is now top scorer in the league.
Carvalho and Lolley are joint top assist makers with two other players.

By the new year we will have played our away games at 6 of the top ten (we are one of the others of course, so that leaves only 3), including Norwich, Leeds, Boro, Derby, Blackburn and Villa.

We have the lowest defeats in the division. This time last year we had 11, a 55% defeat ratio. Now our defeat ratio is 10%.

We have scored four goals more than this time last year and conceded a dozen less, despite Wednesday's freak show. We are seven points and 8 places better off.

We have a couple of outstanding players in the making in Lolley and Carvalho.

Lots of progress to be really pleased with

Last edited:
Superb performance first half, but second half we ran out of steam and sank down to their levels. One of those games where we could have had six, but a sneaky goal back could have also seen a repeat of the Millwall game. Ipswich did look like they were incapable of hitting a barn door though!

Has something cracked off off the pitch,?the boss was open about being flat over ;some things; suggesting dissapointment

We were good in the first half although we did have a couple of shaky moments at the back. It could easily have been 4-2 at HT.

In the second half the energy steadily dropped, as if we'd given all we could this week. We missed several chances to put the game to bed and, as a result, put pressure on ourselves. It was crying out for fresh legs which eventually came.

A great week though.

It's no great surprise the 2nd half was low on energy. I was exhausted just watching the game Wednesday night. I don't think I've ever seen a game played at that intensity for a full 90 mins and you could see every player on both sides were shattered at the final whistle.
Today's a banana skin avoided, and pretty comfortably at that at. Not much to complain about. It was odd though that AK seemed so down in his post match interview today. May be nothing of course, but he's usually very collected in interviews so a bit of a concern something's gone off.

It's no great surprise the 2nd half was low on energy. I was exhausted just watching the game Wednesday night. I don't think I've ever seen a game played at that intensity for a full 90 mins and you could see every player on both sides were shattered at the final whistle.
Today's a banana skin avoided, and pretty comfortably at that at. Not much to complain about. It was odd though that AK seemed so down in his post match interview today. May be nothing of course, but he's usually very collected in interviews so a bit of a concern something's gone off.

At the end of that Villa game almost every player on both sides sat or laid down on the pitch.

It was really stark and something I have never seen before outside of a cup final.

Like you say, no wonder they were low energy. Physically and mentally it was like playing three games

Last edited:
Bit of a mission with replacement buses but i'm finally home !
As easy a 2-0 home win as you'll ever see .
Could and should have been 4 or 5 really.
Happy to come out of that Villa game and pick up 3 points anyway .
U REDS !

karanka wasnt flat about the performance. am i the only one seeing an elephant in the room? lol

Not sure if/when Byram is due back but he has s serious fight to try and oust Derek on this form.

Took his time but finally looking worth the money we shelled out on him.