Forest V Ipswich Match Thread Sponsored by Ingy | Page 5 | Vital Football

Forest V Ipswich Match Thread Sponsored by Ingy

AK was a bit despondent after Saturdays game. Probably seeing his transfer plans for the winter gone up in smoke as now he probably needs to strengthen CD, rather than spending money elsewhere.

Can't see Daws being back for a couple of months. He really hobbled off on Saturday and think it was a hamstring tear. Fox is probably three weeks away and Figi now two. Leaves Hef and Robbo holding the two CB positions for next few weeks.

Will need to draft in to first team squad some cover in case one of those two gets injured. Can't see it being one of present squad playing out of position. Janko, Geddy Watson and Yacob all to short.

Options are Preston, Ahmedhezovic or Yates. Yates started as a CD moved to RB and then to midfield? Anel plays both midfield and defence for Sweden and U23's. Preston is Captain of U23's.

Preston coming in to squad against Preston has a ring to it. Fortunately they have last week lost their striker so not up against a rising star. Derby with Marriott and Nuggent (wind up merchant) is a different matter.

I can remember a back 4 of Crosby, Keane, Clough, Woan.

I can remember Prutton and Kevin Dawson making his debut as a centre back pairing.

Can anyone else remember anyone else daft or daft centre back pairings?

We don't know Dawson was a hamstring do we? If I remember rightly he seemed to dive into a header at an awkward height. Might be a jarred knee or ankle? Pants signalled pretty quickly he needed to come off, so could be a muscle has gone?

We don't know Dawson was a hamstring do we? If I remember rightly he seemed to dive into a header at an awkward height. Might be a jarred knee or ankle? Pants signalled pretty quickly he needed to come off, so could be a muscle has gone?

Thought Karanka had confirmed it was a hamstring injury?

I am not saying he is amazing, but take yesterday, second half Ipswich got desperate and started lumping balls into the box, Dawson deals with them mostly, previous to his appearance we just looked calamatous and we looked like conceding every cross, I still have nightmares about the Millwall game. As I said it's not a coincidence we have converted more 1 and 2 goal games into wins rather than draws. I think he may have to go with Robinson, but wonder whether Yates, gueddy or yacob could do a makeshift job there?
Mike did you see the goals we conceeded v Villa?....Abrahams had a field day...so it depends against who we play that matters...?