Forest V Ipswich Match Thread Sponsored by Ingy | Page 4 | Vital Football

Forest V Ipswich Match Thread Sponsored by Ingy

Still not convinced at all by Dias. He looks terrified whenever he has the ball and just gives it to the nearest player. Maybe he needed that header to go in to give him some confidence but he still offers little in my opinion.

I said exactly the same yesterday. I dont think anyone in the ground was convinced

I agree with most comments, really positive, stand out performances from grabban, carvalho, darikwa and gueddy. Add yacob and lolley and its very rosey. Dias another poor performance, think he should be behind Osborn as well as cash. The pessimist is very worried about the centre defence position. This whole run is based on us conceding so few. Earlier in the season we were scoring 1 and 2 and drawing. This all coincided with Dawson coming in and fox being injured. Those clamouring for his return, be careful what you wish for. Strengthening here is the priority in Jan, but shouldn't have been had we kept Worrall. Looking a bad call now.
Agree with the majority...only small disagreement is on the effect of Dawson nd the non effect if Fox....sure with Dawson in the team we managed a good number of clean sheets but with him in the team we also conceeded three againt Burton nd five against Villa...against certain teams Dawson will suffer so pls lets not make him the Dawson of the best years....

I agree with most comments, really positive, stand out performances from grabban, carvalho, darikwa and gueddy. Add yacob and lolley and its very rosey. Dias another poor performance, think he should be behind Osborn as well as cash. The pessimist is very worried about the centre defence position. This whole run is based on us conceding so few. Earlier in the season we were scoring 1 and 2 and drawing. This all coincided with Dawson coming in and fox being injured. Those clamouring for his return, be careful what you wish for. Strengthening here is the priority in Jan, but shouldn't have been had we kept Worrall. Looking a bad call now.

People's memories of and assumptions about Worrall dwarf his actual performances.

Our defence was absolutely appalling with him in it and there is a reason why he was allowed the opportunity to go to Rangers.

You cannot very well point out that our defence was not great with Fox in it without acknowledging that the same counts for Worrall.

I think Robinson is a reasonable centre half so we have to cope with a poor left back for a while and the lottery of Hefele's performances

Worral is just what we need, bit of nouse, bit of pace, all the attributes, highly rated, passion for the club and improving every month. sign him up! oh..

I have been saying since day one that dias isn't good enough .he is poor. Not sure he is any better than goncalves to be honest .

I think you've said quite a few of them were not good enough from day one, a fair number of which are now performing well

Like who pope? Going through this current starting 11 the only ones I have criticised are pants darikwa and dias . I agree with orbs assessment on him he looks like he has the attributes but he hasn't done it .

Robinson's impetuous tackling and lack of pace could be exposed at CB. I'd rather he stayed being pedestrian at LB.

Get janko in at full back ....give him a beasting and tell him to do his job....if I ruled the world every day.........la la la

Agree with the majority...only small disagreement is on the effect of Dawson nd the non effect if Fox....sure with Dawson in the team we managed a good number of clean sheets but with him in the team we also conceeded three againt Burton nd five against Villa...against certain teams Dawson will suffer so pls lets not make him the Dawson of the best years....

I am not saying he is amazing, but take yesterday, second half Ipswich got desperate and started lumping balls into the box, Dawson deals with them mostly, previous to his appearance we just looked calamatous and we looked like conceding every cross, I still have nightmares about the Millwall game. As I said it's not a coincidence we have converted more 1 and 2 goal games into wins rather than draws. I think he may have to go with Robinson, but wonder whether Yates, gueddy or yacob could do a makeshift job there?

As for fox 100% effort player but over 3 or 4 years we consistently concede 2 or more goals every game he plays, and more often than not as a result don't win

We were looking over stocked at CB at the start, now we barley have any available. Any decent u21s who could possibly step up?

People's memories of and assumptions about Worrall dwarf his actual performances.

Our defence was absolutely appalling with him in it and there is a reason why he was allowed the opportunity to go to Rangers.

You cannot very well point out that our defence was not great with Fox in it without acknowledging that the same counts for Worrall.

I think Robinson is a reasonable centre half so we have to cope with a poor left back for a while and the lottery of Hefele's performances

Which. Conveniently ignores the situation at the time. He was a 20 year old rookie who played with no defensive midfielders, a rookie keeper, and a defence who abrogated all responsibility. He always stepped up, tried to do exactly what his manager asked, giving and receiving the ball under all sorts of pressure. He took all of that responsibility onto his young shoulders whilst way more experienced pros disappeared. Not just that but it was he who started to lead that team. Yes he made mistakes, but who wouldn't have in that situation. And he never seemed to let it effect him. More than anything he seems to have real strength of character.

At the same time he was called up for and captained his national age group teams and was the centre of a 7 figure bid.

Put him in this side and it would be a doddle for him. It was a mistake to send him out on loan. He's better than all but Dawson, and he'd have learnt so much from him I think he'd surpass him quite quickly.

With your assessment of him I can only guess that he must've really pissed you off in GCSE geography. Would he not call you sir or something?

AK was a bit despondent after Saturdays game. Probably seeing his transfer plans for the winter gone up in smoke as now he probably needs to strengthen CD, rather than spending money elsewhere.

Can't see Daws being back for a couple of months. He really hobbled off on Saturday and think it was a hamstring tear. Fox is probably three weeks away and Figi now two. Leaves Hef and Robbo holding the two CB positions for next few weeks.

Will need to draft in to first team squad some cover in case one of those two gets injured. Can't see it being one of present squad playing out of position. Janko, Geddy Watson and Yacob all to short.

Options are Preston, Ahmedhezovic or Yates. Yates started as a CD moved to RB and then to midfield? Anel plays both midfield and defence for Sweden and U23's. Preston is Captain of U23's.

Preston coming in to squad against Preston has a ring to it. Fortunately they have last week lost their striker so not up against a rising star. Derby with Marriott and Nuggent (wind up merchant) is a different matter.

For what it's worth (which may not be very much considering the source), Paul Taylor says it was a personal issue which had got Karanka feeling 'flat'.