Villa V Forest Match Thread - Sponsored by Brinsley Fish Bar | Page 12 | Vital Football

Villa V Forest Match Thread - Sponsored by Brinsley Fish Bar

Such a stupid penalty to give away by Robinson.

Figuerido should never have gone in like that was going no where. Hefele now for 3 games.
Pants never makes a saves

Lolley outstanding. Grabban goal machine. I thought carvalho was excellent . Best game from him.

No disrespect but skip is right. We need better defenders to play against the better teams

We've just played Stoke, Leeds, Middlesbrough, Norwich and Sheffield United though Toms and the defence has had 1 poor half in all of those games. They are the better teams and we conceded 3 goals in those 5 games - one of which was Roofe's handball.

And no disrespect taken of course buddy.

great game with both sides impressing most neutrals along with their/our own fans. Just one of those mad games, tho I think we were so close to controlling the game twice over only for the penalty and sending off. 12 months ago suddenly seems a long time ago.
Hats off to Grabban from his biggest critic, his best performance by a mile

Not sure how any one player can be singled out... the team played shit and great

‘ team ‘

First time I tried the £10 ifollow live game and I have mixed feelings!

After 6 minutes I was in heaven (but already worrying "It's too much too soon"). Radio Nottingham commentary was slightly behind the video but better than the other way round! They seemed to sort that at half time.

Also found we get replays (was visiting my sister at the weekend whose Sunderland husband can only get a match video with no commentary and no replays).

Once Lolley made it 4-3, we should have clinched it. Cash almost did after a great tackle and run by Carvalho.

Villa (ie Grealish) started to run the game and the ref let them back in with a harsh red (4th official again shafting us!) When they finally took the lead 5-4 I was ready to curse the heavens, but we scored our 5th quality goal of the game to rescue a point, and the officials then redeemed themselves by correctly ruling out two Villa efforts in stoppage time.

Maybe I should offer ifollow a bonus after that - way beyond all expectations. Crazy, crazy game so maybe no point analysing our defensive failings ( except we could do better than Pantilimon).

Positives far outweigh the negatives after that don’t see how anyone can’t see anything but that. Main thing is things can be worked on but we can score goals & that’s going to win games.

If someone had said draw away at Villa after going down to 10 men you’d take that everyday of the week. You’d find the 5-5 a bit far fetched but you’d still take it.

Biggest positive by far though is in the playoffs & knocked Direby out.

Villa scored 2 or 3 good goals tonight, but all Forest's goals were classy. We're on our way.

Checking match reports, the Express and Star has 'Ben Robinson' sent off for Forest. Presumably a Brummie rag - should their reporter have gone to Specsavers, or maybe just be sacked?

We were superb at times on the break, Grabban and Lolley are on fire. Cash and Carvalho were quality too. We are too dependent on Grabban though and need to bring in cover in January.

At the back we lacked composure, nous and game management, though Villa are a really vibrant side going forward. They would trouble any defence.

Still recovering...What a game.
A year ago we'd have lost that after being 2-0 up. We showed a lot of character. Villa have got a prem standard attack in Abraham, bolassie, Kodjia & Grealish. McGinn and Hourihane looked quality too. Thought our defending would be more resolute, but that was a proper test for them today. They wont come up against many as good as that.

Don’t comment much these days but that was one hell of a game by one hell of a team.
Villa have got massive fire power and that was always going to be a concern and test.
My only criticism if it can be called that was that when we had the ball it felt like villa had 20 players out there and wherever we played it they were there and won it back.
We needed to hold the ball better.
But what a game and what a team we have now.
Well done each and every red on the pitch last night we came back against villa with 110 men!!! Fantastic