Brace yourselves | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brace yourselves

I have said somewhere else on this forum earlier this season that we will do very well to keep Andrade in January and it may be that we agree to keep him with a guaranteed sale in post season. He does not see his long term future with LCFC but rather respects and recognises the assistance we have given him in his career aspirations.

He is likely to be our biggest ever transfer sale (IMHO).

The rest- only natural for L1 and Ch clubs to be looking at the L2 leaders and why we are where we are.

I have said somewhere else on this forum earlier this season that we will do very well to keep Andrade in January and it may be that we agree to keep him with a guaranteed sale in post season. He does not see his long term future with LCFC but rather respects and recognises the assistance we have given him in his career aspirations.

He is likely to be our biggest ever transfer sale (IMHO).

The rest- only natural for L1 and Ch clubs to be looking at the L2 leaders and why we are where we are.

Hi Strangely
When or where did he say that, He does not see his long term future with LCFC .

This was always going to happen and can be tricky but it is so good we have the judgement of DC/NC to handle the situation. I’m sure they’ll have plans in place to maximise any sale and line up quality replacements.

Andrade looked the part early on and clearly would get plenty of attention
Chances are he’ll get an offer
Just hope he stays till May as part of any deal

This is no shock, I'm not needing to brace.

I'd be worried if other clubs weren't interested in our players, because that would mean they/we were c**p.

I'd rather be top of the league. In Danny we trust, he'll deal with it, encourage players to remain on board to fulfil our (and their) long term ambitions and have numerous plan Bs if necessary..

Ok, Fair play. It's good we are getting this sort of national coverage . It's inevitable the scouts will be watching with this current squad...

I wasn't aware the Telegraph contract reporters to cover provincial 1st round FA Cup games. They certainly didn't when I worked there. I can't see any coverage of today's game on the Telegraph website.

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be bids for some of our players in January. I spoke to a journalist today from the Daily Telegraph who is also a personal friend. He was at the match today and he spoke to three scouts from Luton, West Brom and Doncaster. The players they were there to watch were Andrade, Anderson, McCarten and Pett. Bids are being finalised. Apparently McCarten won't return to Bradford but they are prepared to sell to fund a war chest for probable relegation.

If he's writing for a newspaper, presumably there's a byline. Why not name this good friend?

It's January in Lincoln and Danny Cowley (DC) has a visit from Big Club's Manager (BCM) who is waiving his Christmas Pressy Cash about.
DC - How can I help you BCM?
BCM - I'm here to alleviate little old Lincoln of some of their star players in the January Sales. No doubt they've all got ridiculously low release clauses or their contracts are up so no hard feelings DC but I'll just pick up some outrageous bargains.
DC - Sorry BCM you seem to be mistaking our company for the one that was here before we took over. Obviously we have players for sale but you can pay ridiculously over the odds now or you could always come back in the summer and we'll just settle for full price then. Anyway BCM have a think about it and let us know what you want to do but we're in no rush. You've got 31 days to think about it; happy New Year.

Last edited:
Interesting point of view I think Green has been unlucky to spend so much time on the bench, I think he has had a great attitude when he has come on and after being leading scorer last season would understand why any Div 2 club would want him.

For me though Pett has had the Cowleys magic touch, he is the plan B on his own, brings the ball down, keeps it and plays some superb passes, the most improved player this year. Andrade would be smart to stay here as I think he still has a lot to learn, though he has shown great progress.

Not sure why anyone is bothered by this. We’re the best team in League Two and would be decent in League One. Our players will attract attention. As mentioned above, we don’t need to sell and won’t unless advantageous to us. Look at waterfall, club captain sold and we bring in a Championship centre back. The money required to take away our most valuable assets will be CONSIDERABLE.

Can only see Pett and Andrade making reasonable money. Both seem pretty bright, and if offers come in will presumably weigh up their options with DC. Cannot see either departing unless offers are exceptional, and they are provided with vastly improved deals.

Wouldn't blame Green for going in order to get more starts/game time. Anderson would be crazy to move. McCartan's position will probably depend on us at least matching other offers.

This is all just conjecture at the moment but no surprise that players from the best team in League 2 are being looked at higher up the pyramid. It has happened before with us throughout the 70's, and especially Murphs team of the early 80's who so many ended up plying their trades for bigger clubs than us. Any club who wants them though will have to make a very large offer

No surprise we're attracting interest. Andrade especially has been superb, but he's not the finished product as yesterday's defensive error showed (though I haven't seen it yet - just radio commentary). Would be great if we could keep him until end of season & he may have his mindset that he wants to stay with the Cowleys in L1 ( if we make it ?) to further his development. Mind you, depends whether a higher club are interested in his defensive qualities. Got to be worth at least half a million. I think Pett would be an enormous loss given the way he's now playing and our lack of a player like him. Think a lot depends on where we are in January - unless there's a "too good to resist" offer I'd like to think the players would be thinking they want the league title and L1football under the Cowleys. But, nothing surprises me and at least the Cowleys can themselves recruit more aggressively now.

Whenever this topic comes up, I think about the players we stand to lose....

...and then I remember the numerous times that DC and NC have replaced those players with even better options. The names Bostwick, Green, Eardley, Frecklington, Pett, Andrade, Shackell spring to mind!

Given that all clubs are selling clubs - bar a couple in the Premierhsip, perhaps - the fact that we have saleable assetts has no down side.

Yes! But will these players get the same training elsewhere or the 'love's from our supporters? DC/ND have improved these players game. Hopefully they will want to stay and show what they can achieve with City!