Brace yourselves | Vital Football

Brace yourselves

NorthNottsImp

Vital Reserves Team
There will be bids for some of our players in January. I spoke to a journalist today from the Daily Telegraph who is also a personal friend. He was at the match today and he spoke to three scouts from Luton, West Brom and Doncaster. The players they were there to watch were Andrade, Anderson, McCarten and Pett. Bids are being finalised. Apparently McCarten won't return to Bradford but they are prepared to sell to fund a war chest for probable relegation.

I understand it was Mick Harford who has been looking at Andrade the last two games. He has had a recent operation but has been at the bank and they are really keen.

Two of those clubs are no bigger than LCFC - we need to resist any approach for these players if we are to maintain a push for Div 1 - we need to strengthen rather than sell.

Well said, we are in a position not having to sell, just hope there are none of those release clauses left. I think those were inserted when we were none League though so hopefully they wont be a problem ?!
UTI.

Luton were apparently going to be aggressive with Woodyard and look how that one turned out.

Good thing is, everyone's under contract.

Luton hmmmm, the ways things are going we'll both in the third tier next season, so unless he wants back down south I can't see it happening.

get them to stay until the summer. see where we are then.
and much easier for the management to re-model the squad in the summer.

having said that, look what happened when waterfall left. 2 minutes later shackell walks through the door...

It’s obviously not ideal to sell any of your players in January. However, the only departure we could n’t deal with would be DC/NC. Of the players quoted only Anderson was here this time last year. They were all obtainable for relatively modest fees by a L2 club (us). Now higher status club are lining up bids.

We would still have the cause of their improved worth (DC/NC) and the ability to improve any replacements.

I imagine we might also be lining up aggressive bids, if any outgoings occur.

Well it would be a surprise if nobody was interested in some of our players with us being top etc etc.However the only one we cant do anything about is McCartan ,but we have the first chance to buy him as he came with a view to signing.Surely if Bradford recall him then try and sell him he has some say on the matter, i would suggest the way he talks he would stay here and wait till the summer.Again players are here to get us promoted and wont leave this january till we get a fantastic price for them or Danny thinks he can better.
In DC we trust 150%

Why would you sell your (very good) reserve striker (Greeny) to your main rivals?
P.s. I had no idea Daily Telegraph readers were interested in this sort of thing !