Brace yourselves | Page 4 | Vital Football

Brace yourselves

Andrade put another couple of hundred thousand on his price with his injury time winner yesterday.......and he can't go anywhere yet cos the 617 have just got a new song about him..... ☺

Unfortunately it's the players who have their own songs who always seem to leave...
So we should STOP singing about our best players and concentrate more on the worst...

If other teams aren't interested in your players when you're top of your division then they never will be, take it as a compliment.
Hopefully we'll get to the 3rd round of the cup, get a good draw and not need to sell anyone:thumbup::thumbup:

Yes we do as the money we have earned will not last for ever and the wages we are paying to our best players and management are significant. We are still a lower division club.
No we dont ,why put players on a wage /contract if you cant afford surely thats what a budgets for?

No we dont ,why put players on a wage /contract if you cant afford surely thats what a budgets for?

We've spent *a lot* pf money recently and probably have the highest wage budget in our history. I predict a loss this year without a significant cup run.

If bids do come in it will be interesting to see how our new board will react, we dont have to be a selling club anymore and I'm sure DC & NC would want to keep all 4. If we start selling our quality assets what message will that give to Danny & Nicky. Roll on the Lincoln loco !!

I expect DC/NC are pragmatists. They have previously said all bids are reported to the players and sensible discussions are held with them about the merits or otherwise of a move. They are also consulted by the board about whether the offer represents value for the club and how unsettling a move would be for the master plan. DC/NC will have their own replacements lined up and a handle on how much of any transfer fees the club are likely to receive that they will be allowed to re-invest. It's simply how football operates; they understand that and roll with the associated frustrations but at least NOW it would appear we have got a better grip on contract length and release clauses so we are not 'ripped off'.

We've spent *a lot* pf money recently and probably have the highest wage budget in our history. I predict a loss this year without a significant cup run.[/QUOTE

A 7 figure loss is apparently expected, and additions in January dependent on a cup run. I'd say we'll be selling if the price is right, but only with DC's blessing. As mentioned previously, he's a realist and will know that he will have to move players on to bring new ones in to keep the squad evolving.

Last edited:
We may show a loss but with the board we have I doubt we are in a position where we are forced to sell. All the new investment from sports vest etc will in effect be reported as losses. As long as we’ve got cash in the bank and sustainable income we will be in a good position. I’ve confidence Clive Nates and the board will make sure this where we are.

Financial acumen or not, you can still budget to make a loss.
Indeed you can. The financial acumen comes in spending money you have and creating income so you can carry on your business in a sustainable way. You can afford to make a loss one year if you make a big profit the year before. In the long run however you can’t spend more than you earn and l think a board with the calibre we have will be well aware of that.

I’m always confused by transfer bidding. Do the clubs only ever bid if the player is keen? If not, surely we’d receive bids from multiple clubs for virtually all of our players..

Is promotion to league 1 worth the transfer fee? I would say it has. Unless we can line up equal or better for less money why sell.

Who knows if we are in the top 6 of league 2 next year we might have the same view and sell no one!

I can’t see it that high especially as the accounts will contain the checktrade monies and the record season ticket sales.

The following year hopefully will not be too bad as it will include new director and record season ticket monies plus Woodyard and waterfall fees