January 2019 Transfer Window | Page 10 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
Yea fair point! Was more referring to the 2nd part though, I get that he said it because of the rumours though...

From his press conference, it does not sound like Poch is going anywhere soon. He asked for patience, he said we are so close to reaching the next level and will have one of the best stadiums in the world. He is excited to be part of it.

He has no excuses for his dumb statements to the press anymore - my patience with him is wearing very thin.

I hope (as I was told) that he's been told to STFU and stop making ambiguous statements that can only be too easily misinterpreted (if that's what they are) by the media.

His last missive to the media was like taking a crap in the middle of the new stadium and running away to let the others clear it up.

If he's in, show it and say it loud and clear and stop with the sh*t!!!

Last edited:
Football leaks have dropped a couple of bombshells.

One was the formation of a "super league" by the richest 11 clubs.

The other was Man City and PSG colluded with UEFA officials, and injected money through over valued sponsorship contracts to bypass FFP regulations.

Manchester City should be fined, stripped of the titles and relegated once proved this is true (and I have no doubt in my mind it is).

The other was Man City and PSG colluded with UEFA officials, and injected money through over valued sponsorship contracts to bypass FFP regulations.

Manchester City should be fined, stripped of the titles and relegated once proved this is true (and I have no doubt in my mind it is).

Yeah I saw this, the " old European power clubs" and new money colluding to cut us and a few other pretenders out. No relegation for 20years and all the money hoovered up by Barcelona Madrid and United. 2021 start date. SCUM. As for the other story City and Psg should face serious sanctions. I think it would back fire and destroy the European club game.I can think of mo supporter that wants it.

Yeah I saw this, the " old European power clubs" and new money colluding to cut us and a few other pretenders out. No relegation for 20years and all the money hoovered up by Barcelona Madrid and United. 2021 start date. SCUM. As for the other story City and Psg should face serious sanctions. I think it would back fire and destroy the European club game.I can think of mo supporter that wants it.

Super leagues never work without local leagues, if they go I hope the PL will pass a rule which would require a unanimous consent from all PL clubs to allow a club to return.

Manchester City have bought their titles, pissing on fair play rules whilst paying UEFA officials to help them inflate their incomes. What a corrupt bunch of wankers.

I've been pointing this out for years here!

Of course the story with City buying their titles and buying their way out of all things negative is SO NOT A SURPRISE. Throw money at problems and buy your titles...

LOL we hopefully will never be accused of something like that with our ownership at the healm!!

I do agree with Pollo above...if proven true the league needs to come down VERY heavy on City to set the bar. I would strip them of the titles during the accused period and a relegation would be massive as well. (though I have not idea how they would make that happen)

Gomes ran the show for Everton according to my Brighton supporting friends

Now that it is out in the open the PL needs to be looking for answers, if they don't the PL clubs need to put pressure on the PL.
If that doesn't happen then we know clubs have their

I do agree with Pollo above...if proven true the league needs to come down VERY heavy on City to set the bar. I would strip them of the titles during the accused period and a relegation would be massive as well. (though I have not idea how they would make that happen)

I believe the only news on this is that Infantino lobbied for them and PSG and said he liked what they were trying to do as clubs. Oh and their lawyer is a heartless **** celebrating the death of an investigator. At best Infantino doesn't agree with FFP breaches being worth more than a fine and at worst his collusion was financially motivated. But City's dodgy sponsorship deals aren't news at all and ultimately they agreed a fine / settlement and avoided further action. Unless someone proves Infantino was bribed I don't see anything further coming from this at all.

Nothing will happen to Citeh or PSG. I have zero faith in any footballing body when it comes to needing to take action against big-money.

I imagine the Bosman case has given cause to be wary anytime someone threaten to challenge UEFA in the courts, when an individual with so much wealth threaten to drag them through a long and costly court case they are bound to be reluctant.
I think if what is being reported is correct, then UEFA has to act. Having said that I believe they need the backing of the football world in order to do this, without that they are toothless.

All it takes is for the PL clubs to unite and force the FA's hand. Surely at least 17-18 clubs would be eager to see this looked at.

In addition, ownership restrictions and wage caps must be introduced, as well as increasing home grown quota.

Back on to transfers:the Sun are reporting that Everton will offer Lookman and cash for Wan-bissaka. Now here is the medium to long term answer to our right back issues post Walker. The kid if coached properly can be a beast. Cant see Palace selling now but we must offer N'koudo, Jansen cash whatever it takes to be part of this conversation

Back on to transfers:the Sun are reporting that Everton will offer Lookman and cash for Wan-bissaka. Now here is the medium to long term answer to our right back issues post Walker. The kid if coached properly can be a beast. Cant see Palace selling now but we must offer N'koudo, Jansen cash whatever it takes to be part of this conversation

Funds should go for a new LB as it is by far our weaker side. Aurier & KWP can hold the gates, but on the left side we are utter garbage.

Funds should go for a new LB as it is by far our weaker side. Aurier & KWP can hold the gates, but on the left side we are utter garbage.
That is the thinking thats killing us. Right now mate an outstanding Leftback with the exception of Chewell at city who we cant get is not available. A very promising RB with a higher ceiling of development than what we have maybe. Its time to get strategic start doing the kind of deals Liverpool did for Keita. I think we also need to move now for Brookes at Bournemouth Eriksen is a real question mark.

Last edited: