Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City FC | Page 11 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City FC

Thought we played well and a shade unlucky . I must brush up on the Football Associations version of their laws of the game that apply to Manchester City . Some of them are quite baffling .
Thought Sanchez was brilliant ,Sissoko was really putting a shift in and we deserved a draw . Also thought Walker proved what a ****** he is

Well spurs surprised me but we still make stupid mistakes and we are just so poor in creating and putting away chances ..2nd half we bossed them and they were worried...but as it has been said...zilch as a result!

Kane heavy touch and lamela school boy error in leaning back as he took the shot meant we come away with nothing.

Poor goal we let in but they took the chance. We should have done the same a couple of times. But we proved who were the fitter side! I thought we played well. Lamela! Arggghhh! And Kane should have done better. He’s ending up like a midfielder. I thought overall we were the better side, this match. They’re a very good team mind you. But we’re up there. Winks was great. Sissoko was brill. I think Winks should replace DIRE. No I didn’t spell it wrong. I think Pochettino got it more right that Pep. Pity. After that performance we should have won. We have spirit though and we’re fit.

We didn’t get hammered, which I though was a real possibility, but I can’t really get excited about our performance tonight. I didn’t see anything about how we played that changed my mind about the team this year. We made big mistakes and we created very few chances. That is not a recipe for success. BTW, we are 1pt above Bournemouth.

I thought we were pretty boring and predictable.

Nothing new here. Was a cert we would lose and was a cert we wouldn't concentrate for the full game, resulting in mistakes being made.

:rolleyes:

The new stadium should be called " Stagnation City ".

Pochettino can really develop players though. Good coach. We can look forward to getting better I think.

Didn’t watch the game so the only metrics I have are the result (as expected) and the scale of the defeat (better than expected). It’s getting harder to stay interested after 16 years of the same s**t with ENIC.

Unlucky to lose, but how many times are going to shoot ourselves in the foot. Sissoko has had one of his better games for us, he was my MOM. Absolute crazy to have a game 48 hours before a cup game, Poch had no choice but to rest Winks and Eriksen.
Performance was very encouraging in my opinion, we played a very good side tonight.

Rumours flying around POCH may be on his way to Real Madrid, IMO he should go now he can not manage the team
Honestly, if he does go, can't see him lasting there more than 6 months just when he gets his project started. The BIG clubs want winners from the off, or you are off! Then he'll return to the PL with tail between his legs and manage, perhaps, Fulham!

No points, but we were not disgraced by a multi billion dollar team.

At least we put in a half decent performance.

Next.

Gotta remember folks who we're playing against. The most ridiculously funded team in premier league history. Hard to compete with that.

Still proud of our boys!!

COYS
This is the sum of an intractable problem we have a good team that needs £200m spent on to take the next step. Its very frustrating to be this close but so far. It must frustrate Poch too. How to square this circle.

No points, but we were not disgraced by a multi billion dollar team.

At least we put in a half decent performance.

Next.
We were not outplayed and yet we played quite a way below our best. With Eriksen, Winks and Alli not starting , no Rose or Vert. That's 5 starters missing. Sissoko did ok but that was Winksys place he was taking. As if turned out Eriksen looked rusty on his delivery but he was still missing effectively. One feck up early on and it was the difference with 5 nailed on starters missing.

Think people were harsh on Lucas he gives us a threat in behind that we desperately need. If only we had got Mane. But he is as close as we can get. I see why the Malcolm link has surfaced. We need to be able to play this way without Kane who quite frankly needs at least a month off and then a pre season. Eriksen looks troubled I hope he is not reduced by a chronic injury as his national manager suggested.