Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City FC | Page 12 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City FC

I think Lucas, Lamele, Dembele, Sissoko, Sanchez played well and that spine saved us. They had energy and ran around like crazy all match. A joy to see. My only wish is that the rest would take the que and bust their gut out there.

Kudos to Winks as well, he came on and played well, as did Alli which was great to see.

We still have a MASSIVE issue though and that is Kane. Outside the one shot that missed high early...did he even have a shot??? We are playing without a striker right now and it is killing us.

Think people were harsh on Lucas he gives us a threat in behind that we desperately need. If only we had got Mane. But he is as close as we can get. I see why the Malcolm link has surfaced. We need to be able to play this way without Kane who quite frankly needs at least a month off and then a pre season. Eriksen looks troubled I hope he is not reduced by a chronic injury as his national manager suggested.

That's not what his national manager said. It was a dodgy translation.

We were not outplayed and yet we played quite a way below our best. With Eriksen, Winks and Alli not starting , no Rose or Vert. That's 5 starters missing. Sissoko did ok but that was Winksys place he was taking. As if turned out Eriksen looked rusty on his delivery but he was still missing effectively. One feck up early on and it was the difference with 5 nailed on starters missing.

The difference was a lack of technical expertise from our trio of attackers, coupled with Sissoko's indecisiveness. Lots of huff and puff but low on quality. Alli addressed some of that when he came on and to a lesser degree Winks.

Unlucky to lose, but how many times are going to shoot ourselves in the foot. Sissoko has had one of his better games for us, he was my MOM. Absolute crazy to have a game 48 hours before a cup game, Poch had no choice but to rest Winks and Eriksen.
Performance was very encouraging in my opinion, we played a very good side tonight.

Luck, there is that word again.

It’s not unlucky that trippier mucks up again nor we lack composure in front of goal

The difference was a lack of technical expertise from our trio of attackers, coupled with Sissoko's indecisiveness. Lots of huff and puff but low on quality. Alli addressed some of that when he came on and to a lesser degree Winks.

Ali messed up a potential assist into the box when he came on just as Sissoko did in the first half. I’d say 90% of what Sissoko offered last night was all positive.

We are desperately missing the imposing DM/CM combo of peak Dembo and Wanyama/Dier. This is a crucial link between defence and attack and without it we don't look like a team.

All these players are now a shadow of themselves.

Spurs went 62 minutes without a single shot before Lamela’s pair of misses #TOTMCI

And we were unlucky?

Ali messed up a potential assist into the box when he came on just as Sissoko did in the first half. I’d say 90% of what Sissoko offered last night was all positive.

I believe it was Alli who set up Lamela on his left foot in front of goal late on with a defence splitting pass. Sissoko, treats the ball like a hot potato so hasty to pass on responsibility to someone else and inaccuracy to pick the right pass when in good positions. Industrious but devoid of class where it matters.

Underinvestment is killing our team.It's been obvious for some time that we needed a second striker for when Kane has a downturn.He's in one now ,big time. What a difference Aubameyang would have made to our squad. Shakiri,Salah,Yarmolenko were all on our radar but Levy sat on his hands. The people who run our club on a shoestring & expect Poch to make diamonds out of average players are totally to blame for the stagnation of this great club. ENIC must sell up for us to move on.

I think there is now a school of thought to put Winks, Dele, Eriksen, Moura, Lamela and Kane on the pitch at the same time. You could tell in the last 20-30 mins that the ability to retain possession and the more dynamic players were the ones making the difference. Their higher levels of energy and ability to play Poch's pressing game made us City's equal for a period of the game.

When Rose is back in the next week or so, I believe that our best fit eleven at Wembley will be....

-------------Lloris-------------
Aurier, Sanchez, Toby, Rose
-------------Winks------------
----Eriksen, Dele, Lamela---
---------Moura----------------
---------------Kane-----------

Away would be slightly different, but getting Winks installed as our deep lying schemer should now be our priority. Let's build it around him and get the more attack minded players used to their defensive and attacking responsibilities. Switching the stale full-backs is also a priority.

I think there is now a school of thought to put Winks, Dele, Eriksen, Moura, Lamela and Kane on the pitch at the same time. You could tell in the last 20-30 mins that the ability to retain possession and the more dynamic players were the ones making the difference. Their higher levels of energy and ability to play Poch's pressing game made us City's equal for a period of the game.

When Rose is back in the next week or so, I believe that our best fit eleven at Wembley will be....

-------------Lloris-------------
Aurier, Sanchez, Toby, Rose
-------------Winks------------
----Eriksen, Dele, Lamela---
---------Moura----------------
---------------Kane-----------

Away would be slightly different, but getting Winks installed as our deep lying schemer should now be our priority. Let's build it around him and get the more attack minded players used to their defensive and attacking responsibilities. Switching the stale full-backs is also a priority.

Nothing that Toby has done this season indicates that he gets a spot over Jan when both fit.

Nothing that Toby has done this season indicates that he gets a spot over Jan when both fit.

Agree, but Jan is still not expected back until December. Let's hope we can get him back for the Xmas fixtures. More performances from Sanchez like we saw last night and it will be interesting to see what happens.

I still think there's a logic to play all 3 at times. Just not with Davies or Dier in the team at the same time.

I don't think there's any positives to take out the game, our general play is so bad, our defence is shocking and looks vulnerable on every attack. Going forward we look clueless - when Sissoko is our biggest threat you know we've got big problems.

We need to have 5+ big chances for us to put 1 in the net at the moment.

We're just lucky City weren't at their best and Silva decided to pass it when he had a tap in. Could and should have been 4 or 5 if City wanted it to be.

Pitch was awful, both teams struggled on it. Felt if poch had thrown dele and eriksen in sooner we may have gone a draw.

Ball clearly bobbled to lamela and hit the bottom of his shin when he shot.