Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crewe Alexandra | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crewe Alexandra

Bury 2 Mansfield 2

That 95th minute equaliser just wrecked my trixie; I'm afraid they could have heard me swearing on Roker Pier. Ruined an almost perfect day; with you winning, Sunderland winning and Jolley's boys calming the natives. Pleased to see Paul Hurst get his first win too. It's just as well to have the Ipswich Manager safe in his position.

We played, arguably, better against Tranmere but took the points today. That's football!

As Imp79 texted me, Pett made the difference.

He did some really excellent ratting about! :lol:

Had some technical issues today with ye olde laptop meant I struggled to properly follow the match and it seems that we have won despite an indifferent performance and ultimately that it what counts.

Good three points won with a clean sheet bonus. Four clear at the top is a very nice position to be in

Whew!

Listening to the commentary the one word that seemed to recur over and over again was 'nearly'. Sounded, especially in the first half, that we weren't quite putting our game together.

Thank God that's over. Hardly any football until the last 15 minutes. At least not from Lincoln as Crewe were tidy enough.

There was no "nearly" about it, that implies that things were about to happen, and they weren't.

If I was a Crewe supporter I'd be miffed not to get a point from that, even with the missed penalty. I'm pretty sure Vickers had more to do than their keeper. We have a lot more forward power than most sides though, and it makes a difference.

The first substitution did change things - not because of the instant goal - but it meant we were further up the pitch and could actually play through midfield a bit. Green looked pretty good. The third substitution at least seemed popular with the crowd.

imo we had our best 11 on the pitch for the few minutes which included the goal.
andrade akinde mccartan up front creates much more movement and variation.
pett freck o'c is very strong in the centre, and prevents us from being overrun.

uti

Mini Jeff fell asleep twice in today's game. He said it was as dull as when he started his Sincil Bank adventure in 2013. Then, thankfully Pett and Green came on and thoroughly changed our ability to attack. He went from dozing to darting about on the edge of his seat.

When asked about the game...Mini Jeff said.

"It was mostly meh, especially Akinde. He is very meh!"
From the mouths of babes.

Here's a thing.

We played like crap last season and got stuffed 4-1 by Crewe.