Tv Pundits | Page 4 | Vital Football

Tv Pundits

As I said previously, not personally a fan of over analysis, however the Alex Scott discussion is interesting. Pundits are picked based on communication skills, personality, knowledge and standing in the game. In that respect, she is proving to be a likeable asset IMO, worthy of her appointment on merit.

Elsewhere, I agree with Dumble regarding Ferdinand. Thought he and Lampard were refreshing during the WC and avoided the cliche ridden machismo displayed by Keane, O' Neill and co.

Personally, I think Alex Scott is an excellent pundit. She knows what she is talking about. I would rather listen to her opinions and insight than the likes of Ian Wright, Robbie Cabbage (sorry, couldn't resist in light of tonight) or Chris Sutton.

PC never occurred to me on this one - she's an international player of some experience and repute.

I hate political correctness in all its forms. People are either up to the job, or they are not. They can handle banter (non-sexist, racist, homophobic of course), or they can't. We are all the same, irrespective of which walk of life we've come from or wander down.

I just wish more people could see things that way.

Robbie Cabbage :ROFLMAO:

Fair point mate, personally she does nothing for me pundit wise, then again neither do any of the rest you've mentioned, but that's all just personal opinion.

Is she there on merit? That's questionable. Is it for female empowerment? If so, then again I would say why not promote women's football more and give it more coverage?

There is just such a nasty, vindictive PC mob having too much influence now in society that it's getting harder to question or mention or suggest anything without being vilified.

Pundits are picked based on communication skills, personality, knowledge and standing in the game.

That's the interesting one there Northampton, standing in the game. She certainly has that in womens football, no doubt.

But let's not kid ourselves, mens and womens football are miles apart. If I saw a League Two player being a pundit on a Champions League game I wonder what the hell is doing there.

I'm not saying she shouldn't be there, not at all. I'm just questioning the motives behind it.

Why is it that in this country we have a female pundit and immediately, amongst SOME men, not all of course - talk is of "political correctness" and then some other bloke will bring into it her level of attractiveness (in a direct or indirect way). In the US they have female pundits or presenters for all sorts of sports only seems to be countries like ours where some guys (not all!) can't help themselves but comment in this way.

I am a lurker rather than a regular poster, a long time one at that. Because I'm passionate about the Villa, growing up (very luckily) with a Dad that took me to many games, home and away, and I'm interested in hearing the views of the more 21st century fans on here.

I'm also a female. Yes a FEMALE who is commenting on a game that is played by men but also women all over the world. What a crime jesus get a grip man.

Very nice dear, found you way out of the kitchen? Well get back in there and make a brew, six sugars for me love

**Please take the above with a very large pinch of salt before anyone starts

There’s a lady pundit on ssn at the moment saying Bruce was doing ok and shouldn’t have been sacked

There’s a lady pundit on ssn at the moment saying Bruce was doing ok and shouldn’t have been sacked

Well I personally think it's great that women get the opportunity to talk complete shite about football on TV as well these days. I'm expecting to be told many, many times over the next few days by various oafish pundits that we were lucky to have Stevey at the club. 4 promotions was it? Not that he ever mentioned them often.

Listening to Radio 5 atm waiting for their so called experts to talk utter bollocks about the Villa for three minutes before concentrating on Liverpool for three hours

Yep, a useless assessment from puntits who have no idea about Aston Villa and end the 3 minute segment with a dig at the fans. They know nothing.

It's hard not to come across as a sexist pig in these arguments isn't it? lol

Being able to notice that is your first significant step mate. I think we're all proud of you.

And excellently argued Dumble - even if you didn't accuse of him of that, methinks SJH may have a guilty conscience!

Surely you're not surprise Wurz. Listen to some and Bruce was the bestest ever, they clearly haven't watched us and have no understanding as to why fans turned and the patience we've shown given the bigger picture.

Very nice dear, found you way out of the kitchen? Well get back in there and make a brew, six sugars for me love

**Please take the above with a very large pinch of salt before anyone starts

Dunno bout large pinch of salt you keep having 6 sugars in yer tea and you will have a large bag round your waist called ya tummy lol

I really enjoyed watching the football league show on bbc when it was samesh kumar and Leroy rosenior.

Who needs commentary on cricket? It's barely even a sport!

As for the lasses popping up now, in many cases they make more sense than the usual bellended former players we have to listen to with their in-jokes and cringy little luvvie moments.

Whether considered to be PC parachuted or own merit - it changes the make up and given a tennis reference above, their commentary teams are often mixed when I've bothered watching Wimbledon, so I'm not sure it's an issue.

If they make sense, are relevant and provide insight without resorting to describing everything as shambolic or referencing how they would've handled that moment differently in their own playing career, have at it.